Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

ROFL, well... I might visit your shop after christmas. Just to check out the store and see if I can take something along home (after paying for it offcourse, haha).

If you happen to have a size 29 in stock for the 0805SP, I'll take it with me home. Along with that lovely calendar, a pair of socks and some hoodies.

I'm really curious about the 0805. Wonder what the people at Okyama consider "hip fit slim".

I do have it in stock..., the size 29. Socks are almost gone...

Hip fit slim, well, I never figured that out. The fit !& measurements) are very much alike the 0201... so, the 0805SP is just slim straight for me.

I'm really curious about the 0805. Wonder what the people at Okyama consider "hip fit slim".

Maybe they mean 'hipster' slim?

Maybe they mean 'hipster' slim?

I don't know. Maybe something got lost in translation.

Would have to try them on to judge it :)

By the way Rubyblue, have you seen/handled the old blue denim that is featured on some Momo's? I've seen some GTB's sporting it on the Momotaro official website. If so, could you describe the difference with their "main" stuff?

Of course... you're welcome whenever you're ready.

The OLD BLUE, you mean the 0803SP & 0903SP? I'm receiving all info and share it if I've a story to tell. Haven't seen our handled it, this is due for January.

Momotaro GTB series expansion :

As M1stral mentioned yesterday there are two new models in in the GTB label series. It concerns models 0803SP (similar fit as 0805SP) & 0903SP (similar fit as 0905SP).

OLD BLUE denim they're called, and this refers to the dye & technique used : exactly the same as the Copper label series, with one big difference that the fabric has an 15.7oz weight. Both models are available for the Japanese market only so far, but, the will be introduced to the US & European market through the CAPSULE shows (as from January 2011).

More info on both models can be found here :

http://www.japanblue.co.jp/denimhouse/item/469.html

http://www.japanblue.co.jp/denimhouse/item/468.html

More info & pictures when I handled both models myself :-)

^saw the 0803Sp in a lightning mag recently. Looks very nice. I think i remeber a pair with cinchback (803?) and some painter's jeans as well...

That's correct...

Not that far IMO. I've only been wearing these after work and in the weekends. They are about 1,5 month old, so they haven't seen that much wear. I think it is equivalent to about 2 weeks of everyday wear...

They look a lot like my 805 except mine have for the most part no visual wear besides the waist, fly, and belt loops. I've been wearing mine for about three weeks except unfortunately I only get to wear them an hour or two a day to the store or around my room. The rest of the day I'm in my uniform:/

Nice fit on the last 3 pix... not sure about the first 2, not my thing I guess.

Rock those hard!

hi everyone, my first post here (sorry for my less than 100% English) and I've recently become interested in denim again after a few years of buying cheap jeans. I'm planning to buy either a pair of 0705sp or vintage label 0201 Momotaros after Christmas, as I've fallen in love with them. as for now, I think that the 0201's are what I'm going to buy although the battle stripes are really growing on me. but with the 0201 I have the problem that I don't know what size to get :( it's a local store, so I'll of course try them on first, but the soak shrinkage kinda scares me. for what feels like an eternity I've tried to Google how much smaller they'll get, but the answer to that question seems to be everything from "they're only partially sanforized, don't worry" to "they will behave as any other STF jeans, Gordon (from some store, BiG or BlueOwl I guess?) said that they are actually shrink-to-fit" and from 0.5 inch to 2 inches in the waist.

then I read somewhere that nordic denim house has the most accurate pre and post soak measurements and I found a comparison for the 0701 on the Hypebeast Momotaro thread, but when I tried to look at other pictures in that album it was a private account. and if I buy the 0201, I've decided to soak btw. does anyone here have the picture for the 0201 or can share some experience of their own, hot-soaked 0201's? thanks a lot in advance and merry Christmas to everyone!

@korsdrag

Regarding vintage label jeans I can say that Nordic Denimhouse measurement chart are quite accurate and serve as a good guideline. (in fact this chart is provided by Momotaro itself, and after measuring dozens of Momotaro's and comparing it with the chart, I can conclude that the chart is accurate. Even their different batches are consistent, this says enough about the seriousness & dedication of the people behind the brand)

Regarding sizing a Vintage label jean, it is all a personal matter and has a lot to do with one's body. I measure a true 31,5" and I own and wear both vintage label 0201 & 0901 in size 30 & 31. I first started wearing the sizes 31, very comfortable and almost perfect fit. But after a while (read month of wear & washes), they began to stretch resulting in a waist surpassing 32". My next pairs, I opted to go for 1 size down, meaning a 30... painful for starters, but after holding on, the jeans settled to a for me pleasing fit....

So, I think you can't go wrong in sizing TTS, or even TTS-1 (but it(ll be a very snug fit). If a client passes by to by a Momotaro jeans, I don't talk sizes (as people are to focussed on numbers if you ask me) and just let them try a few jeans in different sizes. I always sugest one they can barely close for a sanforized one wash Momotaro (GTB series), and for a raw pair (Vintage label) one they can close a tad easier, though not to easy!

All Momotaro 15.7oz denim stretches and adapts to your body (upto 1 size and a half. Side note, whatever you are reading, all GTB label jeans start from the same denim fabric as the vintage label series, but the fabric is further processed : sanforised and partially shrunk using a bath a salty water at 10¨C for about 10mins. Vintage label jeans use loomstate fabric.

Dying is also unique, don't expect Momotaro to be fas fading jeans... be patient, and yhey fade beautifully over time & wear!

Copper label jeans are another story, different fabric, different dying, etc...

Hope this helps a bit.

thank you so much rubyblue, that helps a LOT! i have no idea what tts i am, as the jeans i usually wear are pretty big in sizes but i guess around 29/30. but as you said, it really depends on your body form (and i have a, um, prominent ass) so i'll probably have to go up a size if i buy low-rise jeans. i tried 30" in the 0201 and they where pretty easy to close, so i'll try a 29 when i go to buy them but i have a feeling they might be to small. going for a snug fit and i'm like 5'5 so i'm thinking about hemming them to 3x 1-2" cuffs with minor stacking, they had a chain stitch machine in the store.

and the slow fading won't be a problem, i want a pair of jeans that i can wear everyday (which is also why the 0201 seems like the better alternative now) with like a black t-shirt and vans old skools or sk8 hi's. when i read your post i realized that i somehow thought that the waist wouldn't stretch out again after shrinking, which they of course will! thank you so much again. another newbie question: should i wear them in the bath tub in warm/hot water for an hour, or should i just put them in there by themselves and try them on afterwards to see if the waist needs some pulling? what do you guys prefer?

EDIT: found this a few minutes ago, i have no idea what it is but there's some measurements and a nice pre and post soak fit pic in the thread! http://li163-42.members.linode.com/t/132415/momotaro/675

Edited by korsdrag

TTS = your actual waist size or true to size.

Like mentioned in other threads, the overall fit has to be good, don't concentrate on the waist only. I'd say, if your thighs fit a size 29 (for the 0201), go for that. If your thighs are really tight in a 29, go for a 30 instead.

regarding soaking, for me just a cold soak for half an hour or even a quick rinse is fine and i start wearing my jeans when still damp...

but everyone has it own experiences regarding this topic, so expect more advice from other members.

regarding BIG size charts for Momotaro, for their Momotaro offerings they are correct, but I know they have batches specially made.