Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Well I bike pretty much everyday and when I wore these I felt my crotch had no room to breath on and off the bike. Is that a rise problem or am I wrong?

This is not the case with a pair of A.P.Cs that I have the Levis I have.

The rise on these is quite low. I perfectly understand what you are trying to say. Then again, when I look at your fitpic I see quite an amount of excess denim in the topblock and though your fit looks allright, it's not how a pair of 0705SP are supposed to fit. That is, if you got the one wash version and not an unsoaked one of the run from BiG.

looks like a solid fit to me

Not really, but nothing near horrendous. See ^

The rise on these is quite low. I perfectly understand what you are trying to say. Then again, when I look at your fitpic I see quite an amount of excess denim in the topblock and though your fit looks allright, it's not how a pair of 0705SP are supposed to fit. That is, if you got the one wash version and not an unsoaked one of the run from BiG.

YEP i get what you mean

thanks for the input.

sorry for the noob question, but how are these suppose to fit?

YEP i get what you mean

thanks for the input.

sorry for the noob question, but how are these suppose to fit?

0705sp/0701 is the slimmest Momotaro fit and i agree with Mistral, your 0705sp dont look like "tight straight" Momotaro jeans supposed to fit, at first i thought they were 1005sp. this pic below is more like 0705sp fit to me.

5634296137_2a1b666316.jpg

anyway next spring Momotaro will launch 0702 (http://blueowlworksh...taro-tight.html) just so you guys know...

Awesome

'Tis why forum is great

Thanks for the input mistral and kayodic

No problem :)

The fit posted by Kayo is just right, looks a lot like my Copper Labels, which is basically the same cut.

Can't wait for the 0702 to be released by the way... But I have so many other things I want to purchase. A nice pair of shoes for example.

0905sp looking very good max, sammie heavy curved belt?

I owned one, once, couldn't get used to it though, it made me it's bitch... :P

Ika, u got more info on the belt in that pic, buckle looks interesting

Edited by Tiro

yoooo i was looking at the momotaro gtb (0705sp) and the japan blue x momotaro gtb (0100sp) and i just wanted to ask/confirm with you guys the difference between them (aside from sizing) is the materials right?

the 0705sp is made from zimbabwe cotton, the leather patches are different materials, and the methods used to prepare the 0705sp are more old fashioned (old shuttle looms,sea water wash, etc). am i missing anything else?

also just wondering whats the feeling of the two jeans like when compared to each other? and how do the fades compare to each other?

yoooo i was looking at the momotaro gtb (0705sp) and the japan blue x momotaro gtb (0100sp) and i just wanted to ask/confirm with you guys the difference between them (aside from sizing) is the materials right?

the 0705sp is made from zimbabwe cotton, the leather patches are different materials, and the methods used to prepare the 0705sp are more old fashioned (old shuttle looms,sea water wash, etc). am i missing anything else?

also just wondering whats the feeling of the two jeans like when compared to each other? and how do the fades compare to each other?

Different fabric, different dying method (Japan Blue is sulphur dyed), different details (like: no hidden rivets). The Momotaro's will fade much more into a vibrant, electric blue, Momotaro is known for. Japan Blue will definately not fade like this... I also think the JB's are harder to achieve wear on then the Momo's due to the dying method/stuff.

You really can't compare two brands in fact! (Rampuya(Momotaro) vs CollectxMomotaro)

Aside from that, as mentioned a few times already, both fabrics are woven on the same type of shuttle looms (but diff settings for the weave), 100% Zimbabwe l/s cotton, sanforised, both have the pink inseam stitch & share the same buttons... so far the brief comparison.

JPBlue uses a indigo/sulphur mixture for dying, resulting in a slower fading proces... but in the end they do fade nicely!

max, 0905sp looking so good on you in that picture, my next momo's will be 0905's! (vintage label tho)

i assume, to be more in control of the wash process... more attention on areas that need proper washing [like the crotch, laps, pockets, etc.] ... & as much as possible, keep away from the combs, so as not to disturb the crease formation.

Edited by BrownMetallic

in on this shiz. got a pair of 0201 i am working on

0201's are nice. Want to share some (fit)pics with us?

@ Rubyblue, Max Power and everyone else into the brand:

Is there a GTB version of the 0201, in regards of fit? Might want to cop a pair in the near future... If I don't take my chances on the 0702 that is being released in the beginning of next year.