Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

very cool! They look much older than 155 days. I find my Momotaros the hardest fading jeans I owned so far. Will try to post updates soon, but so far there was none evo et all to be seen.

Yours have been washed at least twice, no? They look so light.

Must spread...

nice one MAX. Momo's are not so hard to fade, it depends on how you live them. What I found is that if you keep em unwashed, at the 5-6 month mark, things start to progress quickly (cf my 0201). Their dying technique/dye used is a good one, considering it is only 10x rope dyed.

With my current pair, the 0901, I decided to treat them harder as ever before, and it clearly shows. They're being washed right now, 5th time... I don't care, am not a maniac about treating a jeans. I just wear, and once broken to badly, I replace...

Well, it's just that my 0201 faded much faster, but then, they were a tighter fit and fitted much slimmer - that will explain it. But unlike other brands (like e.g. FH, Fullcount, Samurai), you rarely see a completely washed out or really high contrasted pair of Momotaro

and from the looks of it, they don't retain the selvedge line?

Yea I noticed that it says this on Need Supply.

0101 - Slim straight fit 14.8oz deep blue raw selvage denim from Momotaro Jeans.

But, in this picture doesn't look like there is a noticeable selvedge line,

jb0102_skinnystraight3.jpg

Yeah, just because theyre selvedge doesn't necessarily mean they show the selvege outseam. correct or am I mistaken? Dope jeans regardless

No you are right. A lot of people think that selvedge jeans need that selvedge representation down the inseam but not always, it still is selvedge denim though.

Guys, this skinny straight is a 13.5oz blue x black, open ended 100% zimbabwe cotton.

The model shown is not the 0101 (which is selvage indeed), but the 0102.

Small update on my NDH contest jeans after 155 days

NDH0901-post19-7738.jpg

Some minor repairs need to be done : pocket bags got ripped, threads start to unravel in the front pocket area...

need to quote your 0901 again Rubyblue... even though we're friends, i hate to compete with you since your 0901 is the definition of madness!

here's a bit detail of the fabric (yeah... i'm calling you Ranonranonarat!)

these number explain the type of cotton used on JB07xx, JB01xx, JB04xx for ex; JB0701, JB0101, JB0103 etc etc....

01= 14.8OZ Selvage 100% Texas Cotton

02= 13.5OZ No Selvage 100% Zimbabwe Cotton

03= 14OZ 100% Zimbabwe Cotton

00SP= 14.8OZ 100% Texas Cotton (the battle stripes)

I wonder how loose they fit. In my shorts I prefer a very long crotch, like on Carharrt Cargo shorts.

They're all quite fitted Max, meaning mid to high waist.... but you can wear em low of course.