Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

I'm contemplating between JBxMomo JB0701 or Naked & Famous Japan Heritage?...both $200. Any thoughts either direction? I posted the same question in the N&F thread, and unsurprisingly, all responses were in favor of the Nakeds.

I would go for the nakeds..

I'm contemplating between JBxMomo JB0701 or Naked & Famous Japan Heritage?...both $200. Any thoughts either direction? I posted the same question in the N&F thread, and unsurprisingly, all responses were in favor of the Nakeds.

If your really stuck, just go with N&F x Momo

Biased users are biased. Why don't you ask BlueOwl for an opinion?, he sells both.

Max; yes.... another 0201 in w34 will be awesome!!! someday you'll get them as you requested :)

GSA; both are great jeans.... difficult to answer it but i personally will choose Japan Blue x Momotaro, why? because the jeans are 100% made traditionally in Kojima from the fabric manufacture - jeans assembly and as Rubyblue already explained about the fabric, it's 14.8 oz vintage selvage denim woven on Toyodas. well, i just like the originality of the jeans. besides the fact that you'll have Momotaro feeling in more modern fit.

but if you're still confused, you can always get the NFxMomotaro, the second batch will be available soon (i guess). denim are special produced by Momotaro and made in "Weird Guy" Naked & Famous fit.

tigerprawn; blueowl? or you can contact [email protected] or [email protected] (rubyblue), i think these guys will help you to get one.

Nice Max. How old are they? You should wear those you know....

thank you Oldswag...

It's hard to get the true color since i only used the natural light but the color is not that different from the true color which is a bit darker.

take a note that the fabric is not the same as other Momotaro jeans. the denim is soft 14.5 oz denim dyed in darkest pure indigo and woven tightly so it has consistent color and smooth surface. these pair give the subtle grayish blue fading, not the typical Momotaro vibrant blue as you noticed on Rubyblue's 0901 or Max Power's 0201.

Just got the JB skinny cut last week from Blue owl. The skinny straight are more tapered from the knee down and have a noticeably lower rise. Not much, but it's there. The fly is also shorter than the 0701.

Great jeans for any price for sure. According to Jay at Blue Owl, Japan Blue is pricing these at a relatively low price-point for their initial introduction to generate buyers.

^ nope. I've always been a fan of not washing my jeans in the past 10 years.

Respect for that!

0201 (l) vs 0901 ®

240days vs 140days

TTS vs TTS-1

1 soak vs 2 soaks

1 hot wash vs 3 cold washes

0901-0201-7696.jpg

0901-0201-7697.jpg

0901-0201-7699.jpg

na... pulled the curve a bot so the contrast is more visible... but resulting in slightly over-exposed whites. Prepped for B/W conversion in fact (documenting purposes).

Anyone have pics / info on the pair with black wefts?

The Japan Blue or Momotaro?

def need to spread Rob...

offy: please dont doubt rubyblue's photography skill... i've seen his 0901 in reality and they are really beautiful!!! :)

wasn't doubting his photo skills. just askin. sure they're nice.