Japan Blue Momotaro

Klaas

Heheh...Love this picture. Those are looking great, man. +rep How did you size on them?

i sized down 1 from my true size. went raw from the beginning. no wash.

rbo6XbwcdoU

Momotaro is a popular hero in Japanese folklore. Momotaro is strongly associated with Okayama, and his tale may have its origins there. According to the present form of the tale, Momotaro came to Earth inside a giant peach, which was found floating down a river by an old, childless woman while washing clothes. The woman and her husband discovered the child when they tried to open the peach to eat it. The child explained that he had been sent by heaven to be their son. The couple named him Momotaro, from momo (peach) and taro (eldest son in the family). Years later, Momotaro left to fight a band of marauding oni (ogres) on a distant island. En route, Momotaro met and befriended a dog, monkey, and pheasant, who agreed to help him in his quest. At the island, Momotaro and his animal friends beat the oni into surrendering. Momotaro and his new friends returned home with the oni plundered treasure. Momotaro and his family lived comfortably from then on.
10ofoy9.jpg
In the story, Momotaro is delivered from a big peach which drifted down the river, and people usually believe this. However, Momotaro’s story used to be a story of rejuvenation until early Meiji-period about an elderly couple who eat peaches, rejuvenate and have a baby boy. (That’s why…OKAYAMA….). The rejuvenation version of Momotaro was created to express the dreams and the vital power of Okayama. For a long time, there have been many dreamers in Kibi Land (Okayama). Momotaro Jeans is also a story of a dreamer who has been keeping up with their dream of "spreading genuine jeans from Okayama to the world." Thus, Momotaro Jeans derives its name from the Japanese folklore story of Momotaro.5181506665296387404-5209907885891105538?l=blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com

taken with my berry phone, but you get the idea. i need to repair my left back pocket. the threads are all undone. lame.

IMG00498-20110319-1643.jpg

IMG00499-20110319-1643.jpg

IMG00501-20110319-1644.jpg

IMG00501-20110319-1644.jpg

Update: 7 mos old= 4 mos effective wear :: 7 soaks X n0 wash

701fb.jpg

Must spread, Brown, but those are looking amazing. I'm finding frequent soaks are really the way to do it.

Psyched about that. I'm on those Japan Blues as soon as they get them.

Must spread, Brown, but those are looking amazing. I'm finding frequent soaks are really the way to do it.

tnx, man! yea, [double soak] is an SOP for me now. even on my 1st wash i do a repeat [w/o detergent on the 2nd].

2nd Update: 1st Wash @7mos [Xposted]

hate having to post after offya, but here it goes:

on a lark, sea-soaked mine @Santa Monica Beach, CA. then later, their 1st [machine] wash, cold [x2]. does not seem to have much change in photo, but [in person] the nuances are more pronounced__ ataris are popping out & core white surfacing on high traffic areas. 'hate to lose the patina build up, but i'll manage to get that going spring/summer.

701seasoak.jpg

701fb1.jpg

701stripes1.jpg

701whiskr1.jpg

Soak... Momotaro's O/W are soaked at 10°C, there's some shrinkage left.

Momotaro 0201 size 32

Bought from BiG on Sunday, soaked with hottest tap water for two hours, water changed once at the one hour mark. Note – I got the BiG and SelfEdge thigh measurement techniques mixed up – measured an inch down from the crotch (BiG measures straight from crotch). Knee measured at 13†from crotch as per BiG. BiG and Context measurements included for comparison.

momo.JPG

Pre-soak:

100OLYMP.jpg

Post-soak:

100OLYMP1.jpg

Has anybody noticed further shrinkage with his Going to battle-Momotaros? In other words: to soak or not to soak?

soak! my 1005sp shrunk about 2cm in length after a 40°C wash and overall they also shrunk, I put them on for 15mins when wet to stretch the waist though...

edit: kiya not the only one with a bad ass mouse pad... (thanks Rob)

f4d38a79.jpg

where is the wireless at ...

I see no need to go wireless as this mouse is several years old and works fine, also as it's my desktop mouse, wireless isn't really a huge advantage...

I can blow the money on yawnz instead :P

When you buy jeans! :D

I highly doubt you'll get a mouse pad everytime you buy a pair of jeans...

I know mine didn't come with my jeans