xxx-gallery.heavy.jp (gallery list on first two posts)

tweeds

mandel9000 Levi's ??

These are my 52 year old mother's weekend jeans. She's in scrubs most of the time so these have been worn occasionally for work around the house and in the garden and washed frequently for the last 5-6 years. It doesn't show in the photos, but they are paper thin in the faded areas.

(They are of course some lame Levi's model for older women, but I like the wear)

soljeans2.jpg

soljeans1.jpg

I wear my jeans a lot harder, they always rip before I get anywhere near this overall fade. Not sure about the honeycombs (in a non-honeycomb stripe pattern) on just one leg though. As far as I can tell, her knee movement is the same on both sides.

soljeans3.jpg

kwiteaboy Imperial Duke

Yesterday was the 8 month mark on my Imperials. Eight being my lucky number, I decided to wash them.

This is what they looked like pre-wash.

2002777527400610050_rs.jpg

2002793541069599637_rs.jpg

2002786980002004958_rs.jpg

Wearing them:

2000679401920982333_rs.jpg

2000604045572822117_rs.jpg

In the wash:

2000650129752620705_rs.jpg

Pictures of the post-wash look tomorrow.

Washed pics!

2000875372870380577_rs.jpg

2000813871814635316_rs.jpg

2000856176614641104_rs.jpg

My favorite part about them is the leather tag. It started out raw and ended up awesome.

They stunk pretty bad before I washed them, but now they smell like gross peppermint. They feel way lighter, though, without the builtup sweat and tons of bacteria excrement that must have been in them.

mike lowrey Dior Homme Japanese 21cm

Japanese Dior 21's after about 3 months.

decided to wash them a couple of days ago, were dirty enough for me and stinked after a bar night. I'm not the two-years-without-washing type, only problem is that the honeycombs formed again and are a bit different now, I dont know if I should try to get them damp and try to form them in the same spot to avoid weird fading..?

d_12weeks01.jpg

d_12weeks02.jpg

d_12weeks03.jpg

http://www.pahlo.com/super/d_12weeks04.jpg

decided to wash them a couple of days ago, were dirty enough for me and stinked after a bar night. I'm not the two-years-without-washing type, only problem is that the honeycombs formed again and are a bit different now, I dont know if I should try to get them damp and try to form them in the same spot to avoid weird fading..?

d_12weeks01.jpg

d_12weeks02.jpg

d_12weeks03.jpg

d_12weeks04.jpg

update

found some pics I took about a month ago.. these have been in a lot of rotation though with a few other pairs so no dramatic changes.

dh01.jpg

dh02.jpg

dh03.jpg

Cotton Duck Evisu Lot ???? No.?

Thought I'd post these up here, no before pictures unfortunatly.

Worn on and off for about 2 years and after that almost everyday for about 2 more.

First soak at year and a half, after that about every 9 months, first machine wash about 3 months ago.

It's the model with the kimono silk on the turn ups, it's made in italy but way before all that Evisu EU crap. Basicly the first Evisu you could get here. They started my raw denim love, still have an untouched pair waiting for me.

Not that happy with how they turned out, stopped wearing them.

dscn3520be8.jpg

dscn3521av3.jpg

denimdestroyedmylife Sugar Cane Hawaii SC40400N

i like those evisus, duck.

while we are on the "subtle fade" tip, here are my six month sugar cane hawaii ai (sc40400n) at six months, one wash:

front9cb.jpg back0af.jpg

front no flash/back with flash

back is closer to actual color

update

SC40400N at 9 months

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/patch06f.jpg frontdb7.jpg IMG_04524f8.jpg arc0d1.jpg vertdf4.jpg

combssn5.jpg

hem11e.jpg

tabdz7.jpg

thanks

- washed first at 4 months with sc detergent in a machine on delicate, cold. soaked in sc treatment 20 mins. drip dry. repeated 5 months later, except cold handwash.

- treated patch w/ obenauf LP

- worn everydayish for first 4 months; once or twice a week for next 5 months; i hiked in these jeans, nothing hardcore

- smackadog cold-soaked them for 2 hours, but they didn't fit him. so i got them in a gentle one-wash state.

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/e4c39fd0a02.jpg http://content.imagesocket.com/images/ecb5ae0eb47.jpg

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/8546/whiskersvo4.jpg

sarlo Nudie RRDG, SJDG

34361747_700_700_wgct.jpeg

2 years almost and 60 days

update

Here is an update on both of my greycasts

left: regular ralf greycast; 28 months old; 8-10 washes (don't know exaclty)

right: slim jim greycast; 9.5 months old; 1 cold soak

61kp07b.jpg

5ywl7qh.jpg

6ft5g1d.jpg

the back of the old one ripped during an accident.. repaired it with nudie treath and denim i got from emil from nudiejeans

update

last time i posted a friking phone pic.. here are some good pic of my greycasts (10 months 1 wash)

4l4145v.jpg

4q8u82r.jpg

almondcrush Uniqlo One-Wash

one-wash uniqlos (twenty dollar pair, not selvage)

i've had a love hate thing with these bad boys

everyday for a few weeks

not at all for some in between

et cetera

i'd say an average of between three or four days a week since about valentines day

two rainshowers, one hot soak, one hot wash

P1010251.jpg

P1010250.jpg

Deus Evisu JP Lot 2001 No.2

update on my evisu no2 lot 2001.

2 soak and 1 year and 4 months

never washed in machine.

ripped and patched allover.

2w5is6h.jpg

2hn6ph4.jpg

update

Hard worn Japanese Evisu 2001 model. No2 denim. Tokyo style.

posted theese before, and they are coming up to around 2 year mark.

Rips in many places but patched up and taken care of.

Only soaked 3 times . never washed in machine.

They just got back from almost 3 months of vacation in thailand. and need a soak badly..

it's something about the moisture I guess.

anyway, here are the pictures.

evisu3.jpg

evisu2.jpg

evisu1.jpg

I think theese may retire soon, after I hemmed them.

I can not wait to start using my samurai S0510xxIII hard.

Enjoy!

AndeWhall AndeWhall Grifter Black

Crap photo, lightened it up a bit, should have gone outside. I think I will hang these up soon. Black denim is tough to break in. The thighs have the most wear, I am always brushing cat hair off.

grifterblack73fw7.jpg

Edit: Rubbish shoes too, hush puppies with 5+ years of beer stains

choice_genes Levi's A-Type 505

Re the crotch of the Imperials:I reckon it is definitely slightly oversized, but seems to look good actually. I think cult makes a good point, large crotch makes the jeans look slimmer.

Whodini - here are some photos of how the A-505s turned out after about 6 months wear 5 days a week, a couple of machine washes...the pics are pretty close to the actual colour of the jeans. Overall, I thought they faded well, except very little definition on the honey-combs at the back. But the overall fade in the denim is quite nice.

How did your's turn out? I haven't seen any photos of them for about 6 months.

IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

haptronic Imperial Duke

imperial dukes at 8 months...3 washes all warm in sugarcane 2 step... first at 2 months to soften the creases and stop a hole forming in the crotch...this moved all the creases slighly and made the honeycombs move get really complex...worn almost exclusively for the first 6 they have only seen occasional wear in the last two months...

front5.jpg

back5.jpg

hige.jpg

dmaz 5EP Bootcut Resin One-Wash

Here are my 5EP boot cut resins at 6 months (pics taken in Sept.). This is after their 4th wash using Dr. Bronner's. Enjoy...

dscn2110yb7.jpg

dscn2114tw2.jpg

dscn2113qg2.jpg

update

Here are some 5EP Low Down Boot Resin jeans that I have had for around 13 months. They have around 9 months of wear into them. These photos are after the 6th wash with Dr. Bronner's. In reality, the jeans are darker and have more of a greenish hue to them, but my Nikon refuses to capture that.

dscn2392fk2.jpg

dscn2396cn1.jpg

dscn2393se7.jpg

dscn2397pj4.jpg

Lerglas Julian Red Cali No Wash

This was my first ever pair of Raw denim, Julian Red No wash

Worn for about 7 months. Washed twice, both times because I got stinking food on them. I think the second wash kind of destroyed them because I kind of lost my interest in them a bit and just used some old detergent. I can use them nect summer, I kinda like the twisting of the legs and the distressing around the pockets.

Almost new:

Jrcalinowashfront.jpg

Jrcalinowashback.jpg

7 months later, first wash at 6 months

JulianRedCaliNowash7manentvattFram.jpg

JulianRedCaliNowash7man1tvattBak.jpg

9 months later, about 7.5 months of wear

JulianRedcaliNowash002.jpg

JulianRedcaliNowash003.jpg

JulianRedcaliNowash005.jpg

They resemble my predistressed Acne Max Lost & found quite alot.

wild_whiskey 5EP Bootcut Resin One-Wash

Here are my 5EPs..

The first set of photos is at about 4 months, 2 washes. Note that the honeycombs look kind of odd because they re-set after the washes. IMO, no problem.. I kind of like the look.

Second set is 8 months, 3 washes. Note that there's more contrast in the honeycombs since they didn't re-set from the second setting of them. Also, I used flash only in the first set, which causes the color to appear lighter. Oh well! The second set is a perfect true-to-life color representation. I flipped over one of the legs to show my favorite part - the fat cow! or holy cow.. whatever we call it these days.

Notice how the lap fades from the outside in? Very odd. Most people's experience is the opposite, with the crotch area fading first. For me, it's always the outer thigh.

4mos8moszh2.jpg

Err.. just wanted to add. I've had experience with a lot of jeans. 5EP are still my favorite. Can't always go with the boot cut, but from a artisanal standpoint... I love em.

Cotton Duck Evisu EV-001

I know this isn't really what people on here get excited about but I thought they're interesting enough to post them.

Going for a bit different wear than just defined combs and whiskers (also I didn't have a clue that there were names for the wear on ones jeans back then), I wanted to try to really just let them be and see what time would do to them. I liked the way they looked all destroyed and intentionally not repaired them.

I believe everyone knows what these look like raw and besides I don't have before pics.

- Evisu's EV001 (more of the "made in Italy but before EU ed.") with painted gulls

- Worn for god knows how long everyday (and quite some nights too) I believe they're 6 or 7 years old, not 100% sure though

- first wash after a year and a half or so and numerous soaks and machine washes after that

- had to patch the holes at the front pockets and at the back above the right pocket 'cause it was getting a bit too "cold". I did use Japanese Evis denim to patch them up ('cause I am an idiot!) Invisibly stitched it so it would look like a fresh pair of jeans under a destroyed pair, originally planned to patch all holes this way

- top button fell off, used a big safety pin to keep them in place, one beltloop fell off

- etc. etc.

- Retired †

dscn3835bn8.jpg

dscn3839yk6.jpg

calatrava Imperial King

ok, here are my imperial kings, worn for 9 months and washed twice

img5261uq7.jpg

img5262ij0.jpg

img5263vp1.jpg

update

ok, here are my imperial kings. i purchased them at febuary 06, so it will make them about 12 months in a few weeks. i wore these intensely for about 8 months, before i started working on other jeans. i washed them once at 6 months (soak and cold wash), a cold soak at 8 months and 10 months. these are now my weekend jeans that i can bum around in, and thanks to the looser fit its great for the australian summer

front

img66650kz.jpg

closeup of whiskers

img66661id.jpg

back

img66673xg.jpg

backpocket fade (the fade came from a leather magic wallet, the one with elastic pieces tthat hold notes together)

img66706dn.jpg

leather patch (when it came to the first soak, the sizing actually stained the leather path, but subsequent washed and exposure to the sun has lead to a more uniform tan)

img66718ql.jpg

ankle stacking, kinda (i wore these too long because i was unsure about shrinking in the leg, i really didnt have to worry though)

img66683qe.jpg

img66693vl.jpg

and here is the crotch being damaged to hell. it got to the point when the felled seams burst apart and had to be resewn together. if you look closely you can see the different coloured thread

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4679/img66726zn.jpg

so yeah, im pleased with the results. the thing is that it is subsequent washes that really bring out the wear, so just keep doing your thing

Berget_ Edwin ED-47

My Edwin ed-47 worn a couple of times every week since july-05 (16 months)

Pre-wash

edwin4em7.jpg

edwin2rg1.jpg

edwin1ks7.jpg

edwinoh4.jpg

edwin2gr3.jpg

edwin25yv3.jpg

edwin24nr4.jpg

edwin22jc5.jpg

edwin23mw3.jpg

The front creases look kinda artificial. I "helped" them out a bit in the beginning but then they just faded that way. Im still happy with the way they turned out.

diewhitegirls Levi's LVC(?) ????

These may be the ugliest jeans in this thread, but I've owned them for almost 7 years, so...evolution, eh?

100_3801.jpg

100_3807.jpg

Yeah, it was a weird time in my life. I went to the Levi's store on 59th and Lex. and these caught my eye for some reason. I even bought 2 sizes too big, but what the fuck.

Oh and an actual picture of me wearing them, holding the kiddies.

267147669_l.jpg