THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

IMO, the Caliroots denim collection just looks like a sorry attempt at a Levis repro, and I would say it's a poor mans LVC, but thats IMO. Preferabbly, I would just shoot for the SSDS, but if you like the caliroots better, then just go with that. This is based on looks because I've never tried Caliroots out but you can't really go wrong with the svens.

Hey Guys

I'm looking to buy a couple nice pairs of jeans, Iam 5'8 and 1/2 I weigh about 160 pounds and my waist measures just under 32" I like a relaxed fit something that isnt to tight or baggy. I was thinking about straight svens or something similar. Also what Japanese jeans would best fit my criteria? I have yet to own a pair from a Japanese brand and would like to test them out. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks any help.

I'm close to your size, so based on my own experiences and fit opinion, Imperial kings are awesome. semi-slim up top, straight from the knee down. made in Australia w/ Japanese denim...my pictures are in the imperial thread for reference.

You could check the Oni Reds i have in the supermarket thread too...the denim is super nice, and they're tagged a 31 just a tad over 32 in the waist. Might be a bit too relaxed though, depends on your taste.

Good luck though..i'm still on the quest for a not-too-tight, not-too-baggy japanese jean too.

SD-103

mo-sd103-2.jpg

or

S510XX2?

mo-s510xx-2.jpg

I currently have PBJ XX-005, APC New Standard, and Nudie Slim Jims. I'm trying to get something Japanese while they can still have the old pocket designs, and I'm thinking one of these two.

The google translation doesn't tell me a whole lot about the fit, so I'm posting here. I like my jeans slim, but I'm looking for something a little fuller in the thigh than the PBJs.

SD-103

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/bears/cabinet/model-pants/mo-sd103-2.jpg

or

S510XX2?

http://image.rakuten.co.jp/bears/cabinet/model-pants/mo-s510xx-2.jpg

I currently have PBJ XX-005, APC New Standard, and Nudie Slim Jims. I'm trying to get something Japanese while they can still have the old pocket designs, and I'm thinking one of these two.

The google translation doesn't tell me a whole lot about the fit, so I'm posting here. I like my jeans slim, but I'm looking for something a little fuller in the thigh than the PBJs.

that model can double as a nut cracker with them thighs, so that sam's gotta be huge in the thighs on a normal person. if it's between those two and you want the slimmer, go with the 103.

edit: quoted pictures. *slap self*

hey all,

i was just wondering if anyone can confirm that nudie makes their slim kim model in a dry SELVEDGE. http://www.azaleasf.com/nudwdnmsk32.html ...i then e-mailed denimbar and they told me that NONE of the slim kims come in a selvedge model. any quick answers will be gladly appreciated. thanks.

_gusto

the denimbar people are correct. no selvedge on any slim kim.

I have a two-fold question:

1. I will be in Rio de Janeiro for the next 6 months. It's frequently damn hot down here (seeing how it's summer and all), so I'm not wearing jeans all that much. Nonetheless, I still find myself roaming around on SF thinking "oo! I want that! and that!".... should I indulge these fantasies or save my money for spending on more relevant expenses when I'm down here (read: caipirinhas & traveling).

2. IF I were to get a new pair of denim, I'm tempted by a few different possibilities. Right now I'm a few months into Iron Army Sebastians (first raw pair), which I love (despite their relative SF-unpopularity). Based on the aspects of my IA's that I do and do not like, I'm looking for something along the lines of: slim, low-rise (although a bit higher than IA's would be ok... I measured them to 8.75in), straight-leg or slight taper, indigo or black, ideally button-fly.

The ideas I've had for my 2nd pair have been: Iron Army Hiro Ito (glamroots is probably still selling them for pretty cheap and it would be nice to have some black denim for variety), red-moon slim-straight RMJ-201 (http://redmoon.co.jp/brand/redmoon/ware/2006aw/jeans/rmj-201/ although I think these may be 1-wash), or skull 5010xx (these are more high, rise though, right? and are they slim all the way through or more anti-fit?). Any opinions or other options?

Thanks!

1) Eternal 811

-or-

2) PBJ XX005

-or-

3) something else

I'm looking for a straight cut with a slimmer thigh than my size 32 nudie SSDS. I wear my jeans relatively low, and definetly could have gone with a 31 in the nudies as they've stretched to at least a 34 now. Any thoughts?

I have a two-fold question:

1. I will be in Rio de Janeiro for the next 6 months. It's frequently damn hot down here (seeing how it's summer and all), so I'm not wearing jeans all that much. Nonetheless, I still find myself roaming around on SF thinking "oo! I want that! and that!".... should I indulge these fantasies or save my money for spending on more relevant expenses when I'm down here (read: caipirinhas & traveling).

2. IF I were to get a new pair of denim, I'm tempted by a few different possibilities. Right now I'm a few months into Iron Army Sebastians (first raw pair), which I love (despite their relative SF-unpopularity). Based on the aspects of my IA's that I do and do not like, I'm looking for something along the lines of: slim, low-rise (although a bit higher than IA's would be ok... I measured them to 8.75in), straight-leg or slight taper, indigo or black, ideally button-fly.

The ideas I've had for my 2nd pair have been: Iron Army Hiro Ito (glamroots is probably still selling them for pretty cheap and it would be nice to have some black denim for variety), red-moon slim-straight RMJ-201 (http://redmoon.co.jp/brand/redmoon/ware/2006aw/jeans/rmj-201/ although I think these may be 1-wash), or skull 5010xx (these are more high, rise though, right? and are they slim all the way through or more anti-fit?). Any opinions or other options?

Thanks!

Ande Whall Grifters or Rakers... they wont blow ur budget and the denim is fantastic at the price...

with the options you give, theres like 20-30 different pairs out there.... almost cant get it wrong...

Ande Whall Grifters or Rakers... they wont blow ur budget and the denim is fantastic at the price...

with the options you give, theres like 20-30 different pairs out there.... almost cant get it wrong...

I definitely dig AW, but one of my best buddies has a pair, so I dont want to copy! I really should conserve my funds, though... and focus my limited jeans-wearing-time on my couple-mont-old IA's I suppose. But yes - when i do get another pair itll be a bitch of a decision 'cause there are so many that i am interested in!

Hi fellow denim addicts, need opinions on the following japanese denim.

Basically i prefer my jeans to be of slimmer cut. that would be snug around my thighs and not too baggy at the calfs.

I currently own a pair of imperial dukes. Now hoping to go japanese on my next pair.

I am contemplating between these (description is based on my understanding):

1. Eternal X Bears

- slim cut

- 14.5oz denim

- http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/eternal-tr/

2. Samurai S5000VX

- regular fit

- 17oz denim

- http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bears/samuraijeans-s5000vx/

3. Samurai S0500XX

- slim fit

- 15oz denim

- http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=26&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

I'd go with the samurai s0500s if you want them slim and not baggy at the calves. The other 2 seem to be straight legs and even the eternal pics on the site show baggy calves. The s0500s are slightly tapered so i'd go with them. It's the same cut that the contest sammies are i believe.

PURE BLUE XX-005 BLK

or

SAMURAI S5000BK

??????????????

???????????????????????????????

?????????????????

?????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????

????????????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????

????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????

???????????????????????????????????

?????????????????????????

?????????????????????????????????

????????????????????????

?????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????????

???????????????????????????

???????????

??????????

????????????????????v