Jump to content
tweeds

THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

Recommended Posts

Leonard Gene, Peter Nelson, David Lister and Patrick Taylor are some good names that made / are making Native American styles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

alright, i am the WILD overthinker so after months of going back and forth i placed an order for the dry bones last night. should be arriving soon. excited!

but thanks to @beautiful_FrEaK, @Topnotcher, @unders, and @Thanks_M8 for the suggestions.

i'm almost thinking of still buying the pherrow's for my brother. he doesn't care about clothes so he's always said yes when i bought him denim in the past. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mister Freedom Lot 64 or Warehouse 1001? The measurements are similar, so any comments on fit or thoughts on the two would be helpful!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm biased but I prefer Warehouse. I had a pair of Lot 64's awhile ago and felt like the thigh was a little slimmer by comparison.
Not much difference aside from that from what I can remember. I sold the Lot 64s some time back.
Also some very different detailing going on there, so that comes down to personal preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, discwork said:

Mister Freedom Lot 64 or Warehouse 1001? The measurements are similar, so any comments on fit or thoughts on the two would be helpful!

You can't go wrong either way - both are great cuts IMO. I'd go by the aesthetic preference you have in the denim/detailing. I'd second that WH will probably be slightly looser in the thigh - the MF will probably have deeper and more durable pocket bags. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any recs for corduroy jackets? Iron Heart comes to mind, but not super interested in their styling / branding

Looking on behalf of a friend

Edited by julian-wolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, julian-wolf said:

Any recs for corduroy jackets? Iron Heart comes to mind, but not super interested in their styling / branding

Looking on behalf of a friend

i imagine u already know about tender's weaver's stock cord jacket? https://www.tenderstores.com/product/weavers-stock-type-ws922-flannel-lined-corduroy-curve-front-jacket/?variation=25106

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@oomslokop Thanks—thinking of something more jacket- than coat-like, but I can never say no to Tender & tacked that on to the list of recs…

For anyone interested, the finalists that I passed along were:

The Jelado and the Belafonte really got my attention—made me wonder if maybe I should be in the market for one myself…

The FW Speed Demon from a few years ago gets an honorable mention, too, of course, but I can't imagine that tracking one down these days would be easy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, any recommendations for a military jacket liner.

I'm looking for something simple with pockets, it would be cool if it could be attached to M-65 but not necessary.

Design-wise I like the Buzz Rickson versions but I don't really want to spend that much.

https://hinoya.shop/en/collections/buzz-ricksons/products/br14976
https://hinoya.shop/en/collections/buzz-ricksons/products/br14863

Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^if u want to cheap out, miltec is the way to go. They offer an M65 with liner, cheap and kind off robust, definitely not great, but does the trick as an allround-jacket. The liner doesn't have any pockets, but you could have those added for a few bucks at a tailor oder add them yourself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both thankfully much more reasonably priced than this from McCoys!

Edited by MJF9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, suchislife said:

Hi all, any recommendations for a military jacket liner.

I'm looking for something simple with pockets, it would be cool if it could be attached to M-65 but not necessary.

Design-wise I like the Buzz Rickson versions but I don't really want to spend that much.

https://hinoya.shop/en/collections/buzz-ricksons/products/br14976
https://hinoya.shop/en/collections/buzz-ricksons/products/br14863

Any suggestions?

managed to find original m51 from army surplus store web-searches; hoping to get an m65 on the way from a second hand supplier; much cheaper if you can find original to the remakes even if they aren't that practical without the original outer shell / layer ... if wanting pockets and wrist warmers and actual buttons but from ppl who've made the originals... alpha industries m65 als is an option [showing the Silvermans link because the actual alpha industries link is too cringe]

[edit; as an adjunct those looking for original m65 trouser liners in small; to be had for small change here]

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Thanks_M8 That might be a good option, I can do without pockets.

@MJF9 That's actually ridiculous, £445 for a layer of insolation? Looks like a good reproduction thou.

@bartlebyyphonics Thanks for the info, army surplus store seems to be the best option for me. I don't want wrist warmers and I just want a layer of insolation under my denim jacket on warmer winter days.

Edited by suchislife

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ if youu just want a padded layer under your denim jacket I personally think one of those function wear padded thingies are great. I know mammut, vaude and the likes produce them. They are surprisingly warm for the weight and, volume ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thanks_M8 said:

^ if youu just want a padded layer under your denim jacket I personally think one of those function wear padded thingies are great. I know mammut, vaude and the likes produce them. They are surprisingly warm for the weight and, volume ;)

I prefer the military aesthetic, in all honesty I already have a light padded vest from Uniqlo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

recommendation for a merino wool - or other wool - henley sweater? 

I do like that FW wool sweater that recently been discussed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mpukas said:

recommendation for a merino wool - or other wool - henley sweater? 

I do like that FW wool sweater that recently been discussed. 

Merino Henley here or Filson

Edited by Duke Mantee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already found the Icebreaker sweater (I actually have a hook-up that I shouldn't discuss... ). Don't care for that Filson sweater. 

Edited by mpukas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking into getting a pair of Brother Bridge Tokyo Henry boots. Would love to read info from anyone who has these boots or anything else from this brand, regarding quality, sizing or whichever. Tried searching for it in the forum but found nothing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hopethisoneisnttaken said:

Looking into getting a pair of Brother Bridge Tokyo Henry boots. Would love to read info from anyone who has these boots or anything else from this brand, regarding quality, sizing or whichever. Tried searching for it in the forum but found nothing.  

@SLAB has a pair (or something similar I think) plus Jamie at East West Apparel  sells Brother Bridge - not that particular boot but I’d guess sizing is fairly standard within the brand itself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2022 at 12:16 PM, Duke Mantee said:

@SLAB has a pair (or something similar I think) plus Jamie at East West Apparel  sells Brother Bridge - not that particular boot but I’d guess sizing is fairly standard within the brand itself 

Thank you! I contacted Jamie and got a very quick reply. Seems like they’ll have them around summer. I’m good with the waiting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the best hoodie?

 

 I’ve been wearing American Giant the oast few years but have been eyeing Ironheart, strike Gold, and others to name a few but is it worth 2x the price? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Deluxeware sweats a lot, and they're not super expensive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2022 at 4:42 PM, 1fookntitefd said:

Whats the best hoodie?

 

 I’ve been wearing American Giant the oast few years but have been eyeing Ironheart, strike Gold, and others to name a few but is it worth 2x the price? 

I like Reigning Champ hoodies and sweatshirts. RC can always be found on discount as well. I honestly think you reach the point of diminishing returns when it comes to knits, but I know that’s a subjective opinion. I say buy whatever brand floats your boat. I like RC because of price but mainly for their fit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good measure from UK are now my go to sweats. Good weight, great fit. 

I'm tired of boxy sweats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now