tweeds

THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

I own the RM and have tried the above SC ones on in Hinoya. The RM is definitely a better quality vest and if I recall a tiny bit longer in the body and fuller/puffier. 

However that's reflected in the price and the SC were in no way poor quality. 

Posted (edited)

I remember many many years ago before I heard of RM and SC, I was interested in the vests versions from Penfield.  

Edited by mlwdp

I had a Penfield vest some years ago and replaced it with a Crescent Down Works one, which I think is much better.

Rocky Mountain Featherbed looks like just what I'm after, but a little rich for me considering that it's only vest weather a few months out of the year here…great recommendation anyway, thanks for that.

I thought I'd read somewhere about SC California being Made in China, but was hoping I'd misremembered—oh well. I'm happy to believe that the quality's still there, but that's probably a dealbreaker for me anyway on principle.

I'll have to look into Crescent Down Works. So continues the search.

Need some suggestions for new jeans. I will outgrow my current pair in a few months. I am currently wearing the 40bsp and before that was the sugar cane OKBSP then 316 21bsp. I want to get out of the bsp since it’s working leas for me. Looking for something between slim and straight with a slight taper. Was thinking the strike gold 009LTD

I am looking to get a new belt. My current favorite (and most comfortable) is the HTC Self Edge Peanut sting ray belt. It's not thick at all, and is my best belt by far.

Something like a Corter or Strike Gold is much too thick and uncomfortable.

Anyone have any recommendations for something that is comfortable for when I want to wear something a bit more plain? I was looking at the Sugar Cane ones, but they seem very thick as well.

I mainly wear belts I’ve found in vintage stores. I use my vintage Eddie Bauer the most. Lots of good stuf from the 70-80’s out there. If you wanna go new Anderson also make some quality belts which are very comfortable.

image.jpg

I got a nice belt from Hubb leather. He does custom stuff so you can get it pretty much how you want it. Very nice guy and easy communication.

@Spiraltoy I imagine those Andersons are very comfortable, I wanted something a bit more "rugged" looking.

@Bobbo I am going to try Hubb I think, I imagine I could get a softer leather that is more comfortable? Will find out soon.

On 3/14/2019 at 7:58 AM, SmokeStackLightning said:

I am looking to get a new belt. My current favorite (and most comfortable) is the HTC Self Edge Peanut sting ray belt. It's not thick at all, and is my best belt by far.

Something like a Corter or Strike Gold is much too thick and uncomfortable.

Anyone have any recommendations for something that is comfortable for when I want to wear something a bit more plain? I was looking at the Sugar Cane ones, but they seem very thick as well.

Rancourt makes nice chromexcel belts

Kind of a weird one, as these two jeans are nothing alike. Wanting to pick up a new pair and trying to decide between the Denime 30th XX’s or Freewheelers 601xx 1943. Kind of want to just get both but that wouldn’t be very responsible. :D

The fact they are different from each other is surely justification to get both:D

Indeed, we all know this question should be rephrased to enquire which pair you should buy first.

Well I guess Maynard is right, so which one first? :D

Denime as they’re likely to be a limited edition and therefore get ‘em while you can. I’d assume the Freewheelers are an ongoing production and available at any time.

I could of course be wrong!

That was kind of my rationale as well, I think the 1943s are available year round.

On 3/15/2019 at 6:34 PM, SmokeStackLightning said:

@Bobbo I am going to try Hubb I think, I imagine I could get a softer leather that is more comfortable? Will find out soon.

Yes mate, the one I got is very comfortable compared to my Corter belt. I think you'll be pleased! 

Posted (edited)

Mister Freedom lot 64 OG for 88$ that is exactly my size should I go for it ?

here's the condition of the jeans

O1CN01DeOcrQ1ZX16Y7WAr9_!!529233203.jpg

O1CN01MsmUuf1ZX16cadkCK_!!529233203.jpg

O1CN01Ud48Ko1ZX16f8QSNS_!!529233203.jpg

O1CN01HNCPN11ZX16ekwygc_!!529233203.jpg

O1CN01aDoVCp1ZX16f3jYsR_!!529233203.jpg

O1CN01B6awGk1ZX16fuQnOn_!!529233203.jpg

O1CN0140gS4K1ZX16f8OZz8_!!529233203.jpg

Edited by l13902733261

No question! That's a smokin' deal and it looks like the jeans have minimal wear.

I would prolly go for Tcb or warehouse @JDelage, the herringbone denim looks interesting. Would be great with a plain t for summer.

Well the bargain MF is arrived today and I find something quite odd 

IMG_1247.thumb.JPG.efde40c4f60dcb37ded23dae454fc467.JPGIMG_1248.thumb.JPG.ae0bef5ae9cfe71cfb87db466854472c.JPG

The OG is significantly shorter than my lot.64 ED on the right (which is also L34), Is it a normal feature on this model ? or the previous owner cut it short ?

IMG_1249.thumb.JPG.66692a63965774954361dbbe37598b96.JPG

Never owned a pair myself, but I sure hope that's not what stock MF hems look like

I have the MF Lot 64 OG size 36. They came as advertised with a 36" inseam. It looks like the pair you bought has been hemmed. That explains the pics from the listing with the cuff rolled up.

What are some of your favorite indigo (denim or not) shorts? Short inseam is a plus, but happy to look at anything you people recommend...

Cut off old Jean's,preferably a wider cut, super washed out and trashed. Hands down my faves.