tweeds

THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

I have two of the Tender belts. I recommend the keeper buckle belt (mine is in bronze - really, a richer alloy of brass - but that version is unavailable). I also have the 208 spiral buckle in natural, and although I like it, the tip of the spiral tends to dig deep grooves in the belt. As a whole, I think the Tender belts are among the most unique belts out there, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. I might get another one....

I also have this SDA belt (in brown): https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/studio-dartisan-b-83-leather-belt   It's great. The buckle is interesting and not too big. The hardware on the back of the buckle is articulated, which is nice. The leather is considerably thinner than the one used on the Tender belts.

@julian-wolf I've got the Tender hook buckle and agree with @oomslokop that it doesn't feel heavy at all. IIRC  it took a while to soften up - in fact like my other belts - but the hook buckle makes it feel less hefty to the extent it wears really well with chinos too and sits quite flat to the waist. The brass and leather both age really well. The design by Bill is pretty special, and possibly unique, as I haven't seen such out there.

I've got a couple of IH belts which I wear a lot so are nicely worn in but have heavier buckles so might not be what you want.

I have a stamped belt by Honest Thomas which is great as he casts and forges his own brass buckles so it's got a nice hand made feel. Again it's on the heavier side but doesn't feel it.

Thanks for all the input. Your comments are tempting me to just go for a Tender belt (especially since that would give me an excuse to grab more of his socks), but I really do think it'll end up being wider and thicker than what I'm most comfortable with.

Any recommendations for some daintier options?

I wear a belt from Hubb leather and I highly recommend them.

Anyone have indigo watch cap recommendations? Maybe not even just indigo, just some different colors. I have my Buzz x William Gibson one that sees a lot of action, but I want something with a little bit of color to change things up. I know 3Sixteen makes one, just want to explore other options. 

34 minutes ago, Broark said:

Anyone have indigo watch cap recommendations? Maybe not even just indigo, just some different colors. I have my Buzz x William Gibson one that sees a lot of action, but I want something with a little bit of color to change things up. I know 3Sixteen makes one, just want to explore other options. 

I have two Knickerbocker ones, both all cotton. I still wear them pretty much all winter. 

Seems they updated them this year, they look thicker now. 

Good suggestion, looks like most of their colors are sold out right now unfortunately. 

12 minutes ago, Broark said:

Good suggestion, looks like most of their colors are sold out right now unfortunately. 

Check Franklin and Poe, I got one of (or maybe both, I can't remember) from them. Blue Owl had them too.

They sold out on their website last year when I wanted to get some and that's where I found them.

Yeah they have quite a few retailers, will have to track one down. 

Outstanding Company from Korea? I have an army green one that's good quality thick cotton.

Outstanding co watch caps are great, lovely design and the cotton version is heavy enough for winter as well as being perfect for autumn and spring. If you want a cheaper alternative and don't mind a heavier cap check out Free ride, sold on Taobao, I love mine. They make it in olive, navy and black.