tweeds

THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

3 hours ago, Bobbo said:

Depends on what you're after mate. Slubby denim? Heavyweight denim? Got any preference on fit? That should definitely be influencing your choice.

I do think Samurai doesn't get enough credit these days. I'd still pick them over PBJ or Oni. Their 15 (?) oz Texas denim is great but if you want something with more weight and irregularities to it the 710 is a great tapered cut that fades so well.

But then again, I only ever wear Ooe Yofukuten, TCB, Denimbridge and Warehouse these days, haha.

I dont mind slubby. I definitely want lightweight and slim straight kind of fit. I want a pair where after wear it comes out with a nice white and blue. I like the color to be a bit lighter rather than darker

1 hour ago, Evry1lovej said:

I dont mind slubby. I definitely want lightweight and slim straight kind of fit. I want a pair where after wear it comes out with a nice white and blue. I like the color to be a bit lighter rather than darker

Warehouse 1001 and wash often 

2 hours ago, Evry1lovej said:

If I have to choose between Samurai, Oni or PBJ what would you guys choose?

samurai

8 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

If you consider 15oz lightweight, then take the Samurai S0500XX

Is there a particular reason for Samurai over PBJ or oni?

There is no scientific data to proof my preference, sorry.

They simply appeal more to me. They are all Japanese made on a similar level. It just boils down to what fit you like and what details you want. Then you have to check if there are available jeans matching your requirements. Just like the others said, you have to find your own "perfect" pair. We can only tell you what we like...you have to find out for yourself what you like. 

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I like how Gangsterville of Glad Hand does a lot of cocktail lounge/pool hall clothing and I'm debating on two shirts.  They both have that sleazy martini or pool stick holding appeal that I'm looking for.  Both are made in Japan.  Which one is the better answer?

gangsterville_3.jpg

gsv-18-ss-17-1.jpg

Edited by mlwdp

7 hours ago, mlwdp said:

I like how Gangsterville of Glad Hand does a lot of cocktail lounge/pool hall clothing and I'm debating on two shirts.  They both have that sleazy martini or pool stick holding appeal that I'm looking for.  Both are made in Japan.  Which one is the better answer?

Gangsterville. GH looks more like pyjamas

It's all down to the measurements 

58 minutes ago, Evry1lovej said:

Now I need help. Debating between the PBJ 011, 013, Samurai 710 16 oz, 511, or some oni cut

I can only comment about PBJ as that is one of the options you're looking at. I don't have 011 but I have 019. I love the fabric. I never imagined something like this existed. very unique fabric, very understated brand, unbranded/generic hardware. If that's your thing. No idea about Samurai or what they offer. Oni denim seems to be special in the sense that a 20oz pair also feels light weight (from what I have read on Sufu).

But like @Geeman said, it's all down to measurements. You need to know what kind of front rise, back rise, loose or tight thigh, straight or tapered silhouette that you want.

Edited by i_denim
spelling

7 hours ago, i_denim said:

I can only comment about PBJ as that is one of the options you're looking at. I don't have 011 but I have 019. I love the fabric. I never imagined something like this existed. very unique fabric, very understated brand, unbranded/generic hardware. If that's your thing. No idea about Samurai or what they offer. Oni denim seems to be special in the sense that a 20oz pair also feels light weight (from what I have read on Sufu).

But like @Geeman said, it's all down to measurements. You need to know what kind of front rise, back rise, loose or tight thigh, straight or tapered silhouette that you want.

Thanks for the opinion. I'm on the shorter leg side and long torso. The cuts that I mention is all good for me just now it's more about the fade, brand, quality and etc

Personally I'd put PBJ and Sams above Oni, although I do have both PBJ and Oni. If it's fades yiros after I'd go PBJ or Sam. Oni fade out to quickly for my taste 

31 minutes ago, Geeman said:

Personally I'd put PBJ and Sams above Oni, although I do have both PBJ and Oni. If it's fades yiros after I'd go PBJ or Sam. Oni fade out to quickly for my taste 

Gotcha, thanks for the input! BIG said Oni is top seller, so too many options

Stupid question, but how do I know if I'm more high rise or low rise. My regular khakis, i pull it up to waist, but it always falls down to right where the hip bone is. My Khakis are size a size 34 and it's pretty roomie both waist and hips, but I also have short and wider thighs

^Maybe ask your mom?

Sorry, but if you don’t know yourself, how could we? The same goes with choosing the denim for you, we can only give you the characteristics of different denims (which has pretty much been done already) but you have to decide for yourself.

Out of curiosity, how does one get a reputation like that?

Anyone have experience with the Oni 536 12.5oz denim? Any fades or pictures? Any brand recommendations for lightweight?

Edited by Evry1lovej

Hey all!

New to this raw denim forum! With summer almost coming, anyone had any experience with lightweight denim? Anyone recommends any brands?

^^ & ^ Like two peas in a pod! Just a coincidence that both ask the same questions? Would be interesting to trace the IPs of these two...