tweeds

THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

Rivet And Hide did a Flat Head/RJB collab that's a higher rise and straight leg model, you might check it out.

I currently have a Strike Gold loopwheel sweat shirt. Want to get another one. 

Should I go with TSG or a Real McCoy Ballpark? Or any other brands to consider?

I'd say look at the Stevenson options, their loopwheeled sweatshirt fabric is great.
I have Strike Gold (two hoodies and a pullover), RMC (one Ballpark sweat), and a Stevenson and I think I like the Stevenson one the most.
They're all nice, just different.

13 minutes ago, Broark said:

I'd say look at the Stevenson options, their loopwheeled sweatshirt fabric is great.
I have Strike Gold (two hoodies and a pullover), RMC (one Ballpark sweat), and a Stevenson and I think I like the Stevenson one the most.
They're all nice, just different.

Which would you say has the best softness and comfort against skin? 

Just now, SmokeStackLightning said:

Which would you say has the best softness and comfort against skin? 

Stevenson hands down.

The buzz ricksons sweats are nice too, loopwheleed!

Edited by unionmade
Typo

Studio D'Artisan M-65 Jacket 4377 in navy blue or Buzz Rickson's olive colored M-65?   Confounding factor, the SDA is a bit cheaper. 

Or, what other M-65's do you guys like?  Iron Heart just came out with a heavier wool one but it's a bit over my current budget. 

I have the black cotton Iron Heart M65 (second version), it's no longer available but I highly recommend it if you can find one. It's warm and waterproof and fairly slim fitting.

17 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I have the black cotton Iron Heart M65 (second version), it's no longer available but I highly recommend it if you can find one. It's warm and waterproof and fairly slim fitting.

Probably impossible to find, but it does sound great.  I might go with the Buzz since I don't have an olive-colored jacket. 

I got 500CAD for Christmas what do i buy? What I own and wear I was thinking about maybe a new belt, or suspenders for my 20's. I can always use more hoodies, or sneakers. Trying to go for a more modern look using vintage style peices.

7 hours ago, FreeCharlesManson said:

I got 500CAD for Christmas what do i buy? What I own and wear I was thinking about maybe a new belt, or suspenders for my 20's. I can always use more hoodies, or sneakers. Trying to go for a more modern look using vintage style peices.

As a fellow Canadian, I know that it kind of sucks buying things that are priced in the almighty US dollar with our tiny Canadian dollars, and I also dont know if you feel this works with your style (but I just saw it after I saw your post and thought you would do good with it) but Standard & Strange is having 30% off on a selection of stuff for the next few days and this sweater would be something I would love to buy if I had the money right now..

IMG_2051.PNG

@MasonAlexanderI know you're a fan of Gangsterville so I'm really debating buying this (haven't worn black denim for almost 4 years now and need a change).  It was either this or Trophy 1607 narrow from Denimio as both Gangsterville and Trophy have the same measurements but Gangsterville is raw while Trophy's is washed.  I've also been comparing this model to Samurai's S5000BK model

IMG_2194.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2196.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2199.JPG

IMG_2200.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

Edited by mlwdp

3 hours ago, mlwdp said:

@MasonAlexanderI know you're a fan of Gangsterville so I'm really debating buying this (haven't worn black denim for almost 4 years now and need a change).  It was either this or Trophy 1607 narrow from Denimio as both Gangsterville and Trophy have the same measurements but Gangsterville is raw while Trophy's is washed.  I've also been comparing this model to Samurai's S5000BK model

Tough choice. Very tough. I do really love Gladhand/Gangsterville .. BUT I actually really love Trophy aswell. I have no experience with any denim from either of the 3 brands, but personally I would probably buy the Trophy piece just because I would like to have a Trophy piece

18 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

Tough choice. Very tough. I do really love Gladhand/Gangsterville .. BUT I actually really love Trophy aswell. I have no experience with any denim from either of the 3 brands, but personally I would probably buy the Trophy piece just because I would like to have a Trophy piece

Yeah Trophy would work due to it being one washed versus dealing with Gangsterville's ridgid with shrinking.  Honestly, I would like black denim one washed from Trophy so in order to do that I would have to go through Trophy's site instead of Denimio it Trophy has a black pair.  Samurai is raw also.

edit:  here's Trophy Blackie denim 

http://trophy.shop-pro.jp/?pid=61080129

Edited by mlwdp

When we have many options then situation come like this.

On 12/26/2017 at 12:41 PM, FreeCharlesManson said:

you have enough gear.  wear the shit ouf of everything you own.  save the dosh for travel.  why not go to japan or fucking ireland?  just saying....

Edited by heavydoom
no reason at all

On 26/12/2017 at 5:41 PM, FreeCharlesManson said:

I got 500CAD for Christmas what do i buy?

Beer!

Hep me pick between Fullcount 1101, Warehouse 800, Orslow 105 or Momotato G004-MB.

This will be my first pair of raw or selvedge. All the above pairs are high rise and tapered leg and hence meet my requirement. Prices are more or less the same. At this point, fit is more important than fabric. Just need to start somewhere in this raw journey.

Edited by i_denim

If fit is more important to you than fabric, it will be hard for anyone to help you decide on a pair. There's no possible way for anyone here to know which of those jeans will fit you the best, given that we haven't seen you wearing any of them.

Any of the above  are a big first step into this world! Choose the one with the best measurements for you. 

Orslow has the least pedigree / heritage but still a solid brand.

Ill try one.  Im going to try a slimmer pair for a change as im skinny but need a high rise. Figured id try some indigo x indigo or I x B. 

Is 3 sixteen shadow still the gold standard? If so i can try the CT cut. 

Other options would be

railcar spikes

freenote rios

LF NYC- if they have one

by way of background, i do own in regular denim a pair of LF greasers..but they are too large (should have gone Chelsea); freenote portola...

thanks for any thoughts

Yes correct and thanks for the post.  Was figuring I’d tried a lower or medium rise for a change.  Should have said usually prefer a higher rise

Yay or nay? :D

Let it all out.  Be honest.

Whitesville

IMG_2467.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

Edited by mlwdp

^^^ depends.

For myself to wear personally? Hard “nay”, but at this point Ive seen some people look so good in some pieces that I thought looked absolutely rediculous before I saw somebody wearing them, so I honestly cant even tell anymore.

Im sure that somebody out there has this jacket on right now, walking through the streets of Tokyo, looking like a total boss

Maybe look into Dehen too; the Whitesville ones are made in China last I checked. Dehen is about the same price.

1 hour ago, Iron Horse said:

Maybe look into Dehen too; the Whitesville ones are made in China last I checked. Dehen is about the same price.

I could support this. I own a few Dehen pieces, and have seen the jackets in person. They are top notch