tweeds

THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

Chinos are tough, I haven't really found a pair that I completely love.
I have a pair of Stevenson Hilts that I bought years ago and I finally actually fit into. They're great, just wish they had metal buttons.
Been wanting to try a pair of the Samurai SJ42CP's, just haven't ponied up and bought a pair yet. The back rise measurement always scares me.

Hi,

any ideas for jeans with cut like OOE 02 cut (the one I like the best) but heavier, something in 18-22oz range?

thanx

Hi Guys,

I am currently looking for new denim to add to my collection. i like slim cut and there are 2 particular brands with in my mind, i am having a hard time to decide, so i let you guys pick which one should i get.

1. TCB Slim 50's

2. Warehouse 900

Cheers and thank you in advance. :D

never wanting to say no to tcb: but if doing 50s, do true 50s is my belief...

otherwise: from what i have seen around the forum: HAZARDkid's advice is most wise: resolute looks banging, and warehouse is on my wish-list after tcb contest over so i just being tactical; wanting to see how it fades on you...

Alright, cheers guys for the suggestion. Will try to hook me up with Warehouse 900 since i am not a fan of Resolute 710 Ankle Freeze. Thank you once again. 

@beautiful_FrEaK if you say it’s 33”, it’s long enough for me to put 1 - 2 cuffs. But i think i will go with 900, LOL. So many Denim options, so little time to be able to beat them all 1 by 1. 

Anyway thanks for the info thou :D

Summer weight denim jacket (yes, I know it's a long way off...):

• LVC triple pleat OR
  • TCB 30s?

Big fan of the TCB 30's jacket. Only gripe is the extra length.

Real McCoy's M65 1st model:
superdenimthermc0511170330.jpg
Or Freewheelers M-1941 field jacket (if I can find one in my size that is):
16789122_1832245870382058_48438610326422

If you don't need the hood, I find the FW nicer looking.

I like the functionality of having a hood (I don’t really have a go-to rain jacket, not that this would be a particularly great one but better than way I currently have and suitable for the rainfall here). I’ve been lusting after the RMC M65 for years but I like the look of the M-1941 as well. Tough choice. Although the decision might me all but made for me since it might prove difficult to track down a size 44 this late. 

44 minutes ago, Broark said:

I like the functionality of having a hood (I don’t really have a go-to rain jacket, not that this would be a particularly great one but better than way I currently have and suitable for the rainfall here). 

Look up Momotaro 03-062. It's going to be at the top of their page on IG. I'm ... intrigued.

Go for the true M65 as it's been on your mind for so long. The Momotaro and freewheelers are both very nice but if you go for one of those you'll still keep looking at a M65 and craving one!

might wanna check if the fabric on the rmc m-65 is the same assiduously repro fabric as the one on its MP13006 jungle fatigue shorts. it looks exactly like the original, but at least in my case the fabric starts ripping beyond repair in less than three years.

Edited by oomslokop

5 hours ago, oomslokop said:

might wanna check if the fabric on the rmc m-65 is the same assiduously repro fabric as the one on its MP13006 jungle fatigue shorts. it looks exactly like the original, but at least in my case the fabric starts ripping beyond repair in less than three years.

Was the fabric starting to rip in high wear areas or just all over? Could have to do with the fact that they were used for shorts, but I'm no military repro fabric expert by any means. I think the M65 1st has slightly different fabric from the normal M65 from RMC, but it might be in color alone.

6 hours ago, Geeman said:

Go for the true M65 as it's been on your mind for so long. The Momotaro and freewheelers are both very nice but if you go for one of those you'll still keep looking at a M65 and craving one!

I think you're right, it's been on my mind for a long time and I might as well jump if I'm going to buy a jacket. I really like the M65 1st model, I prefer the look of the jacket without epaulets.

9 minutes ago, Broark said:

Was the fabric starting to rip in high wear areas or just all over?

in high wear areas. it gets thin quicker than i thought it would. it rips in the set creases even. i'll try to get some pics up. it's in the wash at the moment (still wear em but i've cut off the hems since they were falling off anyway).

I'd be interested in some pics, I've never heard any complaints about the fabric getting thin on the jacket.
I'd imagine the jacket would break down slower compared to shorts.

24711426798_6f7d374a5b_k.jpg

38583817861_81e9826d19_k.jpg

the thing is i want to wear em for much longer since the length for me is just right, a little past the knee. but it's strictly for bumming around the house now.

11 hours ago, oomslokop said:

Does RMC try to repro the fabric of the m65 at the expense of durability? I've always dabbled into collecting mil surplus without knowing anything about the japanese repro side, assuming the japanese versions would be a higher quality version similar details. That said, I recently got an early 80's M65 in pretty good condition but I was pretty unimpressed with the fabric... not sure how to explain it other than it seemed cheap (at least compared to my sateen m51 field jacket). Maybe it'll look/feel better after some wear.

I also noticed we have a thread of militaria... maybe I should drop some pics in there after 5 years of silence B)

The thing with the M65 is it looks *very* casual. It's much more shlumpy than an N1 for example.

A black M65 doesn't look so casual.

Any straight high-rise denims to recommend? preferably by flat head / full count / strike gold...Arcs a must:)

Flat Head and Strike Gold don't do high-rises as far as I'm aware, so if it's Full Count you're interested in, I'd recommend the 0105 for a higher rise, looser fit with straight leg or the 1101, which is a slightly slimmer version all around with a slightly lower rise, less full cut and smaller leg opening.

High rise and Flat Head & Strike Gold are probably hard to find. You better look at Full Count have a look at the 0105 as the classical model and 1101 (stronger taper) and 1108 (slimmest pair but straight.)

thanks guys, i will check them out! the only strike gold i come around is the SG2103 that seems fairly high-rise. The Ooe Yofukuten looks fun too. 

1 hour ago, unionmade said:

thanks guys, i will check them out! the only strike gold i come around is the SG2103 that seems fairly high-rise. The Ooe Yofukuten looks fun too. 

Ooe Yofukuten is definitely a good decision! But they come without arcs. Another high-rise and high-end brand would be Conner's Sewing Factory but also no arcs (but a red tab)