THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

TCB 60's or Eternal 811?

I'm looking for simply a great pair of blue jeans to wear with anything and not think too much about in terms of wearing, washing or fading.

In terms of denim they are quite the opposite. Eternal being dark, dark blue with a coarse surface...and the TCB have rather authentic 60s reproduction denim, having a paler indigo shade.

The TCB will fade faster.

No luck getting the Warehouse 800 elsewhere? Warehouse homepage?

Size 36 or 38 still available: http://www.ware-house.co.jp/?pid=75575156

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Doesn’t matter if you buy from Warehouse webshop or Rakuten shops. All the same pairs. Old pairs with the longer inseam are hard to find. Or you buy from BiG as the offer the Kaigai models with longer inseam.

Because of the quite high rise I can easily live with that short inseam.

Got it, the only thing that irritates me about buying direct is that they don't under value the package. So HM Customs and Parcel Force get to charge me an extra £50 for the jeans......looks like I'll just buy from BiG.

Got it, the only thing that irritates me about buying direct is that they don't under value the package. So HM Customs and Parcel Force get to charge me an extra £50 for the jeans......looks like I'll just buy from BiG.

send them to me and Ill forward them and mark them as fucking $10 wranglers

e9b2f21a773a57f69abea8c427e3f545.gif

Edited by garden gnomes in space

TCB 60's or Eternal 811?

I'm looking for simply a great pair of blue jeans to wear with anything and not think too much about in terms of wearing, washing or fading.

hey Gavin should you need any further sizing info or whatever re TCB 60's let me know. I wear the same size that you would buy, 36. have no direct experience on Eternals but the TCB are my favourite pair of jeans, so I wholeheartedly reccomend them to everybody. Edited by volvo240thebest

It states that the hem on those is 91cm (36") raw and should end up at 86cm (34") after washing.

Those are the correct measurements for all 4 pairs of Warehouse jeans I have.

Yeah, sorry about that, I told him they'd be as short as 31" post wash. Even though the current standard Warehouse jeans are tagged as 32" for their inseam, they all start and finish at different lengths.  Looks like the standard 800 starts at 36" and shrinks to 33.5.  BiG also carries an export model that starts with a longer inseam that they're saying shrinks to 35".

900, 1000, 1001, 1001SXX and 1002 all shrink to 32" or less for a final inseam length.  

Currently rocking a pair of UB401's. Looking for something a little more high end with a similar fit. Tight tapered with a 6.5-7 inch leg opening. Momo 0305's look good but I'd like some more suggestions.

Figured this was the best place to ask this question.

I've been looking at this Filson medium duffle bag and I'm wondering: is Filson really worth the asking price?

I saw the bag today in person and it was the ideal size for a few days on the road, but I'm still on the fence about it.

Quality felt pretty good, quite heavy duty. Anyone have any Filson bags that can share their opinions?

70325-main-242_1.jpg

Figured this was the best place to ask this question.

I've been looking at this Filson medium duffle bag and I'm wondering: is Filson really worth the asking price?

I saw the bag today in person and it was the ideal size for a few days on the road, but I'm still on the fence about it.

Quality felt pretty good, quite heavy duty. Anyone have any Filson bags that can share their opinions?

I've got two filson duffles, both small, i use one (tan) and my GF has claimed my other for herself (otter green). They are worth the money, you can usually find them on ebay for a decent price and the medium is usually a bit easier to find on sale anyways. 

I'd say go with the green, hers still looks new while my tan is covered in indigo and dirt (maybe i treat mine like shit?). I could probably clean mine but that seems like a lot of work 

D1O5Tpy.jpg

7t0bQCh.jpg

tBtptJ9.jpg

Its been all over the world with me, camping in the aussie wilderness, boat trips, downpours, and my gfs was dropped into a lake for half a second (not submerged for more than maybe 0.5 seconds before it was pulled out) and everything has always been bone dry. Its a pretty damn amazing bag and well worth the money. 

Thanks for the real world recommendation karanimal, that's the kind of feedback I was looking for!

I also saw the small duffle and thought it seemed like a very good size for maybe a weekend trip or something like that.

Have you ever found yourself wanting a bigger bag? I'm torn between the medium and the small.

Also I like the look of the beat up tan color, I don't mind it getting dirty I don't think.

I originally got the medium but decided that the only time i would ever use that bag would be for travelling since the medium is a bit too big for day to day activities , ie gym clothes + my lunch. Also over in Australia and the travelling ive done to asian countries the medium would be too big IMO and may get denied as a carry on bag since if its stuffed full its pretty damn big 

For me the small is perfect, i don't travel with many clothes as is and i managed to get myself and my GF packed for a trip to Japan for a week in the 2 small duffles. 

I also think the medium may get annoying to have to carry around if you do travel with it or need to walk far with it, the small hugs my hip really well and doesn't feel like I'm carrying around a hockey bag 

Edited by karanimal

Think you might've talked me into the smaller bag, I do tend to travel light (one pair of jeans, a few shirts, etc.) when I can and most trips aren't for very long periods of time.

I would mostly be using the bag for traveling, not so much day to day stuff. But it would be more reasonably sized if I needed to use it for something instead of the pretty large medium duffle.

I really just like the look of the tan canvas, and think it looks better with some wear. Thanks again for the insight!

Now that I'm thinking about it I only saw the medium duffle today, didn't see the small. I think I was confusing it with another bag.

So I'll have to go back and check the small duffle out.

I originally was lusting after the tan, its gorgeous, I ended up with the green small duffle bag after getting the medium in tan. My GF immediately claimed the green one since it was so nice and i was left to find myself a tan one. 

You can't go wrong with either colour. The small is big enough for me to fit a pair of boots, camera gear & tripod, toiletries, and enough clothes to last a week of travelling (i only travel with one pair of jeans, the ones on my legs). I'd struggle to fill up a medium duffle

• 2 weeks later...

Only reason I'm hesitating on the Roper boot is the fact that I already have the Hopper engineer boot coming later this year and they are somewhat similar in style. I also wonder how the indigo transfer would look on the Roper since there isn't a tongue or laces. 

But my decision could be made for me because I don't see a size 12 listed for sale anymore, might have already sold out.

I'd love to see less Viberg around here, though (unpopular opinion, I'm sure!)

I don't think it's an unpopular opinion, I for one didn't like Viberg for awhile. Something just rubbed me the wrong way about a lot of their boots. But I've been looking at their boots more and I do tend to like their designs. I will say I don't like the look of the 2030 last one bit, it's too pointy for me and dainty at the toe. That's what I do like about the Boondocker, looks like more of a workboot on the 2045 last.

I've really have got no clue how someone could hate on viberg...They produce some of the most interesting boots, they have a wide variety of lasts, leathers, offer stitchdown & gyw, great finishing and customer service when they do fuck up, and are probably some of the most well made boots on earth. (show me an example of a pair that hasn't held up)

The only downside to viberg is pricing but its pretty hard to argue with their pricing when they are literally sold out within minutes when certain pairs drop. Also Brett can be a bit of a tool but whatever 

The only downside to viberg is pricing but its pretty hard to argue with their pricing when they are literally sold out within minutes when certain pairs drop. Also Brett can be a bit of a tool but whatever 

This is what kind of put me off for awhile, but I try and separate that from the fact that they make some great looking shoes.

They are more fashion oriented, but I suppose I like the ones from them that are more workboot oriented like the Boondocker.

Wait for my engineers

I don't even know what they'll look like or what they'll cost!