THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Looking for an indigo/indigo or indigo/black with low contrast stitching, slim/straight tapered fit (that isn't too tight in the thighs) and isn't too heavy (or breaths well) for the hot summer months. Any suggestions?

Thinking the IH 633S-II but worry that their unsanforised denim won't breath as well as their standard denim.

Edited by tion4->

Give the SDA's a go mate. I think you will enjoy the construction (no broken seams at all so far for me) and the deep indigo is fantastic!

Edit: Though you can't go wrong with Fullcount either but you already knew that.  ;)

Edited by Bobbo

I'd be all over the SDA 101's if they only made it in a slighty lighter denim, 15 oz is already too heavy for me.

I am actually thinking about my next "loose" pair after the TCB contest will be gone. tempted either by FC 0105 or something by Warehouse (possibly 1001), what would you reccomend?

I like the shape of the 1001's but I fear it won't be as transpirant as I'd like it to be. Thoughts gents?

12.5 to 13.5 oz jeans are ideal for me as I can manage to wear them all year long. Won't bother for anything heavier than that (no need) or lighter than that (no need either!).

Edited by volvo240thebest

It fades beautifully and is very comfortable even in really hot and humid weather. I speak from experience!

I can also echo this sentiment about the FC denim. But I also think that the Warehouse banner denim on the 1001 breathes very well too!

I can also echo this sentiment about the FC denim. But I also think that the Warehouse banner denim on the 1001 breathes very well too!

Yep, either will be fine in warmer climates.  Not sure how much inseam length you'd want volvo, but beware the 1001 is going to shrink down to a 31 to 31.5" inseam.  

no problem I am fine with 30. I'll take my time comparing measurements of Wh1001 and FC0105 over some of my favourite pairs and make a decision. thanks guys.

with a 36 inches waist I assume I'll be fine with a 35 FC0105 and a 36 WH1001, is it right?

no problem I am fine with 30. I'll take my time comparing measurements of Wh1001 and FC0105 over some of my favourite pairs and make a decision. thanks guys.

with a 36 inches waist I assume I'll be fine with a 35 FC0105 and a 36 WH1001, is it right?

Will compare how close my 0105 and 1001 are, they're both 36.  From mid thigh down, the 0105 is definitely wider, but above that I think they're pretty close.  You (and I), could probably both wear a 35 in the 0105, but neither of us would want a 34 1001.   

Then I'll probably go with the FC route! I aim for a slighty more fitted top block compared to TCB 50's and a stovepipe from knee down. Anyway I won't buy at least until the end of the TCB contest, I have time enough to change my mind a dozen of times : )

I have the FH3009 and I just ordered the ues400T. I LOVE MY 3009'S , in retrospect I should have sized up to a 31 and went with an inseam 1 in longer and they would be the perfect pair. I bought them before I became obsessive about studying the measurement charts. I am looking forward to my 400T's, I just hope I sized them correctly. I am 30 in most jeans which as mentioned was too small with the FH's but I ordered a 29 in the 400T's based off the measurement charts. The top block in the 3009's is tight but thighs are more relaxed.