tweeds

THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

I have no experience with the buco, the redmoon are beautiful but I have read comments about their longevity due to the thread they use. You cannot go wrong with Obbi Goods Label wallets, these guys live and breath leather and stand behind their products 100%. I have owned 2 wallets from them and they are beautiful gear. A couple of brands also to look at are Kawatako Flat Head and Voyej 

I currently own a pair of

ST-220x sz 33 (fits good waist is a hair to big, every 10 min or so i gotta pull them up an inch or they sag, not bad though, if i sized down one size they would not fit as well)

SExI14 sz 34 (one hot soak for 15 min when I first got them nothing since - they are a little big around the waist but good everywhere else, could possibly have sized down one in for the waist but then legs may have been too slim)

looking for a compareable pair, deciding between

flat head 3001 33

ST 130x 33

SG 1109

can someone give me pros and cons, compare the denims/cuts, make sure sizes look right, etc help me out before I drop some cash?

The SG 1109s are enticing because they have a little more thigh room then my st 220xs, but taper a big more through the knee and opening. more fitted look, but better overall fit.

Edited by kr00kd

you'd be a size 34 in the 1109's- just like the Imperials you have (I have these too). I would go with these as well. They have a more interesting fabric than the FH, plus a better fit IMO. The flat heads would have about a .5" larger leg opening - same with the STs. It seems like you have some trouble with sizing so I'd think unsanforized would be better for you. A full size down on the SG's would most likely be too small for you- you're just going to need to do a hotter, longer soak than your imperials with the 34.

Edited by mp201

you'd be a size 34 in the 1109's- just like the Imperials you have (I have these too). I would go with these as well. They have a more interesting fabric than the FH, plus a better fit IMO. The flat heads would have about a .5" larger leg opening - same with the STs. It seems like you have some trouble with sizing so I'd think unsanforized would be better for you. A full size down on the SG's would most likely be too small for you- you're just going to need to do a hotter, longer soak than your imperials with the 34.

thanks a lot for the help. the reason i was thinking about a sz 33 is because even though my imperials are a sz 34, i feel like I could have sized down one on them.

But you may be right, how would the fit from the 1109/2109 differ from the SExI14 - provided they are both sz 34? (im eyeing a pair of sz 34 2109's and a sz 33 1001 and 3001 on grailed). If I went with the sz 33 1001/3001, if I did a short cold soak do you think they would be find and not stretch too much?

Thanks again for the help. Finding the right pair of denim online is really hard to do, no matter how much reading and size measurements you do. Any help you can get is always much appreciated, and people who have owned them before have the best things to say because they have first hand experience.

About to retire my skull 5507...really loved the fit but they are getting too tight in the waist. Currently considering FH 3002 or SG 3109 (are these similar fits to my 5507?), what do you guys suggest? Likely buying from Rakuten once I figure out a cut

I can't decide between fullcount 1108 13.75 oz or the 15.5 oz. Is there much difference in the denim other than the weight?

garbanzo, I have the 1108 in 15.5 and the 1101 and 0105 in 13.75.  My preference is for the heavier denim -- the 15.5 has more texture and feels more substantial (of course) but isn't overly heavy.  The 13.75 is quite soft but on the light side imo.  Not sure if there are other differences.

I'm torn between the flat head 2111 and the Samurai s5000vx. I think the quality is about even between these two, but I really want to get the most textured fabric i can that is 20+ oz. Which one should I chose? 

No experience with TFH model but if the texture you are after is rough, slubby and irregular I would not advise the s5000vx. Whilst it is pretty special denim it is quite smooth and even. Although maybe a bit hairy....

UszLtTf.png

The other point is, TFH 2111 are slim tapered and the s5000vx are very much a comfortable straight leg so two very different cuts. Which cut is your preference?

The other point is, TFH 2111 are slim tapered and the s5000vx are very much a comfortable straight leg so two very different cuts. Which cut is your preference?

I'm not sure. The JBO410s that I am in right now are quite tapered, and I know I want to go for a wider cut, but I'm not sure how wide I want to go.

Maybe look at S710xx? Pretty tapered and more of a comparison to the Flat Heads.

Mate, that was just what I was about to suggest!

The TFH are pretty similar to your monsters, the 710xx will give you an extra half inch everywhere and plenty of texture and character.

Ok they may be 'only' 19oz but they feel next level compared to most 15/16 oz denim.

I'm looking for a recommendation for some new denim. 

Currently I own Momotaro 0702, 0702 and BOM006-T. I love them all, but the BOM006-T is my favorite fit - slightly tapered denim and I love the dark blue weft/warp. 

I owned a pair of strike golds which I liked, but they didn't fit my body very well (larger thighs and smaller waist). 

I'm looking for a medium weight denim - I live in Texas, so the heavy weight denims are pretty uncomfortable 85% of the year. 

Poking around online, the Samuari S003JP peaks my interest. Also interested in perhaps a PBJ, Iron Heart, Flat Head, etc. What would you suggest for something unique and high quality and under $400 USD?

I've been shopping for some slim, tapered black jeans and keep coming back to either the 3sixteen ST-220x or Left Field Black Maria Chelsea. About the same price and denim weight (although apparently different mills). Measurements seem pretty close too (I like that they both have a rise that's a bit higher than many other slim, black jeans). I'm also considering something from Japanese brands but so far haven't really found any in black with a similar cut.

You wear high rise and full cuts right?  You might want to try something more along the lines of the regular cut A2... Not sure how the extra length will look.  

If you pop by self edge and try them on we could give you better opinions though!

I've been flaking between flat head's equivalent of a buco and the real mccoys buco, but I'm going to go with the rmc.  As always, flat heads shoulders are huge!

hands down. no question. If you get it, you HAVE to post pics. 

i walked in ready to cop but some voice in the back of my head made me do a double take.  Plus, I dont think they actually had my size despite the web site stating otherwise.  Copped this instead.  not as sexy but a bit more sensible and ive wanted something like it for a while

Edited by garden gnomes in space

No doubt your purchase is a great coat. 

It's just that that FH HH rider's jacket is a true GRAIL item. 

yes indeed it is a grail item.  But at $2K plus tax locally, I would have to source directly from Japan if even possible at that price.

i walked in ready to cop but some voice in the back of my head made me do a double take.  

The voice in my head at this point in the copping process is usually my wife's, telling me not to buy it.

l got this a couple of years ago , its a Schott horsehide confederate motorbike branded cafe racer jacket .

lm glad its part of my collection .IoGrIa.jpg

Im starting my search for a dwc pair. I want something different, so I'm thinking sc oki's (I was looking forward to the sexsc collab but looks like a no go at this point) or maybe Stevenson's for the unique details. Any other interesting variations on the 5 pocket jean you guys can think of? I have too many pairs that, although are very different, are much too similar.

Get some Ande Whalls if you like the Stevensons - they share some similarities, plus you have the choice of 4 cuts. They're my favourite jeans and I have Warehouse, Full Count, SDA, Momotaro, Sugar Cane and LVC. I'd particularly recommend that you get one of the last remaining pairs of his SR11.

I can co-sign the SC Oki's, they are probably my favorite cut and the denim is very interesting.  History Preservation even has the raw version for like $190.  

Im starting my search for a dwc pair. I want something different, so I'm thinking sc oki's (I was looking forward to the sexsc collab but looks like a no go at this point) or maybe Stevenson's for the unique details. Any other interesting variations on the 5 pocket jean you guys can think of? I have too many pairs that, although are very different, are much too similar.

I prefer the hawaii over oki's :D

What does dwc mean?