THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Wsup family...just wanna thank the community for posting...the advice helps more than just one person...believe it...

I'm a late bloomer...just gettin into the proper fit of denim ...I'm Short (about 5'5" - 5'6")...my legs are short LOL!!!...and I wanna sport my VISVIM FBT NEONs this summer

WHAT TYPE OF DENIM DO YOU RECOMMEND FOR MY SIZE?

I also rock:

-vans slip ons, chukkas and SK8 HIs

-high cut adidas metro attitudes to jordans

Let me know the deal!!!...PLEASE!

Thanks

Sugar Cane Okinawas or Sugar Cane Hawaiis? I'm looking for a lighter spring/summer jean that can stack well. By lighter, I mean around 15 oz, as I am quite used to my 21 oz Iron Hearts. They don't have to be Sugar Canes, I've just had my eye on them.

The Okinawas and the Hawaiis feel exactly the same when you try them on. The Okinawas have more interesting pocket bags and are a much deeper indigo color (navy or a little darker). The Hawaiis are a brighter blue, with clearer vertical "striping". Neither are a low rise or a tight fit, but if you're deciding between them, it's an issue of color.

eternal 811 or pbj x005?

I think PBJs would be more your speed. More flattering on a thin frame. Really versatile for dressing up and down as well.

Eternals are fucking dope, but because they're roomier than PBJs, they might be a bit more challenging to dress up. Could be done I'm sure.

I've got the 103s someone else mentioned. Another good selection. Start quite slim, but with stretching they definitely don't stay that way. Think Poly800 had a similar experience. Ultimately, they're good for a rugged/casual look -- but I can't pair them with black boots for shit. Maybe that's just me....

The Okinawas and the Hawaiis feel exactly the same when you try them on. The Okinawas have more interesting pocket bags and are a much deeper indigo color (navy or a little darker). The Hawaiis are a brighter blue, with clearer vertical "striping". Neither are a low rise or a tight fit, but if you're deciding between them, it's an issue of color.

Are you saying that the cut is identical?

Are you saying that the cut is identical?

Are they identical cuts?

Anyone have any suggestions for a nice regular cut jean that can stack well? For reference, I am currently working on a pair of Iron Hearts, but I want a lighter pair of jeans for the spring/summer. I don't think I can pull off Diors well, as I'm not too skinny. Maybe it's a misconception, can someone clear it up for me? Do Dior 21cm's work well on meatier guys? I don't think I can mess with the 19 cm cut.

thanks everyone

i do prefer a slimmer jean

but i dont want another tapered one, and from what ive gathered the xx005 while slim is still straight. but that zingpow's treasure (or whatever its called) had the eternals for only $160 while the pbj's are much pricier.

i think it might be a better idea for me to get the eternals in a couple of years, once im no longer stuck in that skinny 5'8 rut.

pbj - xx005 blk

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=2241&category_id=11&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

Looking for raw black denim, fit similar to New Standards or Imperial Dukes (not feeling the pocket stitching), and not willing to drop +/- $400 on a pair of Dior Homme's that I can't try on first. Straight leg is cool too.

Help.

I've been looking at getting Nudie Thin Finns for a while now but i've put off buying them because I can't decide between the dry stretch or dry comfort. I like the streaky look of the denim on the comforts a lot and the back pockets better (they have the blue wave instead of orange). But I haven't seen a pair of comforts that fade as nice as this. Some people on mynudies have said the comforts are stuborn for fading. Here are some pics for comparison

Comforts:

Worn 1

Worn 2

New 1

New 2

Dry Stretch:

Dry 1

Dry 2

Dry 3

Dry 4

I like the look of the Dry Comforts more but I'm more confident that I'd get better results with the normal Dry Stretch. I'm eager to have some jeans that show some fade because I've been wearing SJDBs for a whlie now with no fading. There aren't many pictures of worn Comforts and i'm curious if they would fade like the Even Steven Drys which look really good imo and have a similar looking denim to the Comforts.

Pics of Even Stevens: 1 2 3 4

Thanks for any opinions. I may post this on mynudies too to see what they say.

thinking of getting a pair of new cures to hold myself over for a bit - just need a waist check: 34 or 35? i'm a natural 35, and i want them to be slimming, so i figure a 34 and they'll stretch (gonna be wearing them nonstopppppp all summer woot.), but i wanna know what you guys all think.

I'm interested in a cheap starting pair of raw denim, but it can't have tight leg openings, because I just can't pull them off. I usually wear a size 29-30 with a 32-34" inseam.

I was thinking about these maybe: http://www.azaleaonline.com/jc504a.html

Otherwise if anybody has a good suggestion preferablly under $75, although I could pay more as long as I know the crotch won't bust in a few months. I'm going to try and live in these for the summer. Online links would be best, unless you know where I can get them in the minneapolis area.

Thanks

SD-101 or Skull s5000XX?

not sure about the fit, but SD-101 if you're looking for the usual studio d'artisan quality. skull jeans are okay but they can't compare, IMO.

Has anyone had experience with all the incarnations of the Hawaii (standard, mud dye, tea dye); which would you go for?

are we talking about the okinawas here? i didn't know hawaiis came in the different dyes...

anyway, i've tried both the indigo and mud-dyed okinawas, and if cash wasn't an issue in your equation i'd get the mud-dyed 40301, and the indigo 40300.

posted in small questions, but what the hell:

Is there someone who knows where/how I can get my hands on S5000BK for the lowest price possible?

And DonPiano, the TF comforts suck balls for fading. Really. Don't get them. (Not that dry stretch fabric is that much better, but between the two, get the dry stretch.)

xoxo

in rotation right now:

samurai s5000vx

dior MIJ 21cm

apc ns

i'm looking for one more pair just to have another option. i think i have a good variety right now as far as fits with the sammies being the most loose to the ns's being the most fitted although i don't like the super tight tapered look. so i was thinking of:

• pbj xx-005

• another pair of dior 21cm MII (found on ebay) just cuz my MIJ 21cm are my favorite fitting pair

• iron heart 634

please give me some opinions. thanks!

I'm having some big problem in deciding which denim to get.....

should i get APC Cure Black (not raw) ? or the Skull 5010xx Black ?

comeon' guys give me ur 2 cents worth of opinion....

i'd like to hear from someone who owns both or tried both denim before tell me how they fit u, thanks.