THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Oni 517 14oz or Oni 517xx 16.5oz.

On BiG it looks like 14oz has pocket articulates while 16.5 doesn't.

I want something that's ultra high texture, but able to wear year round. My 18oz iron hearts are cold weather only.

I'd go for the 16.5oz - I've handled them and they are excellent.

As far as pocket stitching goes - you can remove it easily if it's not to your liking.

The Arcs on ONI seem to be quite a 'Love/Hate' affair.

Been away from the denim game for almost two years now, and I'm finally looking to pick a pair up again,

Momotaro 0201

or

Samurai S710XX

or something else? Looking for something that'll fit thighs and butt of a weightlifter, but has a nice taper. 

Previous favorites were Eternal 811s (though I would've liked more taper) and Iron Heart IHxB01 Beetle Busters. Also loved the 710s for the few days I had them.

Been away from the denim game for almost two years now, and I'm finally looking to pick a pair up again,

Momotaro 0201

or

Samurai S710XX

or something else? Looking for something that'll fit thighs and butt of a weightlifter, but has a nice taper.

Previous favorites were Eternal 811s (though I would've liked more taper) and Iron Heart IHxB01 Beetle Busters. Also loved the 710s for the few days I had them.

As a fellow weightlifter I would say samurai 710xx! Best jeans I ever owned!

The 201s are a nice cut, but don't particularly qualify for large thighs and taper. The 710 fit the description better, though can be pretty narrow in the top block too.

For real big thighs and taper check out the UES 400T, or, if you want a lot taper, the FH 3012.

Edited by Max Power

As a fellow weightlifter I would say samurai 710xx! Best jeans I ever owned!

Awesome, I was 80% set on Sams, but I think you've pushed me to 100%. I'm not huge by any means, 30-31 inch waist, 167 pounds. But I do have larger legs than the average skinny man. I think S710s will be a good fit. Safe choice for my reintroduction into denim.

My issue is that my waist is very small in comparison to my thighs.

Edited by An Oxymoron

I went tts 32 with my 710xx. If I had sized down they would have been to small in the thighs.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll do the same. It sucks though because most 32s fit perfectly in the thigh but then the waist is loose and has to be sinched by my belt.

A simple solution is to buy a cut with roomier thighs relative to the waist, that's what I do. Not all cuts are for everyone.

Right, it's just hard to find something like that that also has a relatively narrow leg opening. Not a big fan of anything wider than 8"

Edited by An Oxymoron

I already adviced you to look for the UES 400T and FH 3012...

Sorry, I must have missed that. The 400T are a little lighter weight than I'd prefer and the measurements seem a little too slim.

The Flatheads look promising but I don't know if I'm a fan of their pocket designs. I've never owned a pair of FH. I'd like to see some fit pics of them on someone who actually has a butt and thighs though. I'll have to scour the FH thread.

Oni 517 14oz or Oni 517xx 16.5oz.

On BiG it looks like 14oz has pocket articulates while 16.5 doesn't.

I want something that's ultra high texture, but able to wear year round.  My 18oz iron hearts are cold weather only.

Something to keep in mind with Oni is the fact that they are a looser knit than iron heart and subsequently work better in more climates. I've worn my 20 oz. Onis in July. Personally, I like the 16.5 oz. better from handling it in person (vs. the 14oz), it's surprising to me that it isn't more widely appreciated. Either way I think you'll be happy :)

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll do the same. It sucks though because most 32s fit perfectly in the thigh but then the waist is loose and has to be sinched by my belt.

I just started wearing the 710xx. I have athletic legs and this cut is awesome. It tends to fit well in the waist but is comfortable in the top block, thighs and calves. Definitely go tts, it stretches more than I expected for a heavy denim. Amazing jeans.

I just started wearing the 710xx. I have athletic legs and this cut is awesome. It tends to fit well in the waist but is comfortable in the top block, thighs and calves. Definitely go tts, it stretches more than I expected for a heavy denim. Amazing jeans.

Awesome, thanks man. I'm still really torn on if I should go 32 or 31. I wear a 31 in Left Field's Indigo Miner chinos, but I've been out of the denim game so long I don't really know my size anymore.

Edited by An Oxymoron

Hey sufuturians! Haven't been on here in a bit but am in dire need of new denim. Can folks recommend a cut similar to Roy RN1, Skull 5010 or RGT Stanton? Mid-rise, tapered, and with at least a little room in the thighs--3sixteen SLs and IH devil's cut sadly too narrow. I know of plenty, I just want to know what folks like.

Hey Guys,

So I'm a 32 in samurai s710xx (bit tight - no need for a belt), I'm itching to get a pair of strike gold 2105 or 2109, which would you recommend?

My thighs are generally the issue, they have been getting bigger as of recent, although the 710s still fit me very well. From the measurements 2105 seems to be very similar to sam s710xx except for the leg opening, could anybody compare the fits? I'm looking for something that's slim-straight, but not too slim because I plan to gain weight, would sizing up 1 in strike gold to 33 work for this? What's the stretching like in the 2105 (which I'm leaning towards now).

Second image isn't showing for me Iron Horse - is it the corduroy or the dodgy used car salesman jacket?

http://village.ocnk.net/product/2679

http://village.ocnk.net/product/2133

Actually, I like all three. That's no help at all is it. 

Although,,, if I was being critical, if you're not a State gymnastic champ... would you want to say you were.... 

(same goes for US Marine, Hells Angel, Motor Legend, Wrestler, Mechanic or any other represented trade or profession for that matter if I'm honest)

It's the corduroy in the first link Hog, haha. 

The patch does bother me a bit too. Granted, most people here won't notice it, but I think I'd get a lot of flack in the US. Same reason I avoid any jackets that say USN, USMC, etc. More hassle than it's worth when you're surrounded by people who know what those logos mean. 

Thanks Hog, I'll give the corduroy a whirl in store and see how it feels.