THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Looking for a good Sim fit with a strong tapered leg between 16-18 oz

I´m between:

ONI DENIM 512XX

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=6457&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28&vmcchk=1

Bybeatle Vol1

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/bybeatle/bybeatle-volume-one-jeans.html

3SIXTEEN+ 21BSP

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=87&products_id=715

What do you think?

More options?

Edited by snchz

I'm looking for a pair of black denim but I'm torn between ACNE Ace Cash Black Denim and APC Petit Standard Washed Black. I've no personal experience of ACNE denim and how Ace Cash fits, so I'd really appreciate advice/feedback here.

Acne:http://www.mrporter.com/product/411317

APC:http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/a-p-c/a-p-c-petit-standard-jean-133675.html

Thanks!

Totally biased ...go for Bybeatle Volume One.... :ph34r:

I love my pbj 013 but the crotch is starting to blow and I'm thinking of getting a new cut with a bigger thigh and a tiny improvement on the leg opening. I was thinking sz36 pbj 003's or sz 38 Sami 710's. I'm a true sz39 and I got a sz36 in the 013. Which would you guys recommend? 

• 3 weeks later...

To add to the endless debate over what?/Which is better.  I submit to you denims heads this situation. 

My first pair of real denim was the weirdguy deep indigo.  I love the color these have turned but at 6ft 195lbs and military the legs are just too small for me.  I thought they would stretch out but to no avail.  While traveling I stopped into Take5 in Hong Kong and found a pair of Iron Heart + Take5 18.8s  They fit me around the waist and thighs very well however they have a 12in knee that drops to a 9 inch leg opening.  The end result is they are baggy toward the bottom of the leg and my cuffs look like poypeyes white hat rockin redwings.

I had a pair of Lucky Jeans before this raw obsession of mine started that I love the cut of.  Not to big not to skinny.  The goldy locks of denim cuts (for myself)  they are as follows.

Waist            36

Front Rise    11

Back Rise    15

Upper Thigh 12

Knee             9.5

Leg Opening 9

The debate is really on the Momtaro 701 size 36 which I think would shink down pretty close to the desired size

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=5214&category_id=&manufacturer_id=42&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

the Samurai S5000VX21oz.  I do like the Heavier weights but Im concerned they wont shrink to the desired.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3888&category_id=&manufacturer_id=10&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

the 701 seem to have the ability to be able to get the exact sizing that I am looking for however im not sure if im being completly obsessed with the numbers.  I mean how much does a .25 inch and .5 in matter in the denim world.  Also, what shrinks more heavy weight or lighter weight?

Cheers Yall

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new pair of jeans, and can't decide between SD-101 and Momotaro 0901.

I do olympic lifting, and have big legs/butt, so I generally stick to fuller cuts. I'm currently rotating between PBJ XX-009 [sz38], PBJ XX-003 [sz38], and Samurai S510xx 21oz [sz38]. 

What should I buy?

APC Petite New Standard or JB0701?

I know APC's fade fast, but lower quality.

I know JB's have great quality but am unsure of fade potential... 

If I remember correctly, the Japan Blues are a difficult beast, but worth it in the long run. I got some from a friend that sized down too much, and they haven't faded much in the time I've worn them (~5 months) but they seem well made.

Warehouse 1001 or TCB50's? The pair of 15th's I was banking on are too tight in the waist, guess I gained more weight than I thought the past few months....

Bummer that the 15th's don't work for you. I was looking forward to a bit of wear and compare between us... 

I'm not a great fan of the new 1001 cut with the slimmed down thighs and wish they'd just keep the original XX cut. Why not try the new 1003XX (or maybe Fullcount 0105)?

^Sugar_Mountain, I meant to take that back a day after I posted that...It's insane how much my waist can fluctuate depending on the day (and what I ate/drank the day before haha) but I'm going to make the 15th's work. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be washing them often since I can't afford the shrinkage but that should make things interesting when comparing our two pairs. I almost did hit the buy button for a pair of 1003's but my size was out of stock on a few sites. Perhaps it was the universe telling me "no"...;)

BTW, I'm booking a trip to HK for next February!

Edited by aho

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new pair of jeans, and can't decide between SD-101 and Momotaro 0901.

I do olympic lifting, and have big legs/butt, so I generally stick to fuller cuts. I'm currently rotating between PBJ XX-009 [sz38], PBJ XX-003 [sz38], and Samurai S510xx 21oz [sz38]. 

What should I buy?

I just got a pair of Momotaro 0901. I love the feel, and quality of the denim. I do think the 0901 is a bit too straight all the way down. 

Being a lifter as well, I went with a cut that looked to have more room up top. I'm only on the first week of the 0901s but I feel like I'd be happier with the 0201, which has almost the same top measurements but slimmer towards the bottom. The SD-101 Arcs kind of killed it for me...

I almost picked up a pair of TFH 3009 over the 0901s. I'd check sizes for that too. 

Edited by Zekdafied

I need a new pair of Iron Hearts. My current ones (634S 21oz) apparently don't fade much...I've worn them hard for 2.5 years and they look much much newer than that. No lightening of the combs, barely any whiskers, nothing but this one weird light spot on the left knee.

Do the 634XHS 25oz. fade any better? Should I get those, or should I get a different pair of Iron Hearts? Or a different brand in a heavy weight? Definitely looking for more of the heavy stuff.

Does anyone know any shops to find some nice denim in Philadelphia?  I am new to the area, and my Hartfords  are blown out pretty badly.  While they are out for repairs, I would love to find something to replace them.  I really have a hard time buying online because I am tall, and really  have to try on a pair before I purchase.

:)

Does anyone know any shops to find some nice denim in Philadelphia?  I am new to the area, and my Hartfords  are blown out pretty badly.  While they are out for repairs, I would love to find something to replace them.  I really have a hard time buying online because I am tall, and really  have to try on a pair before I purchase.

:)

http://www.rawrdenim.com/2013/12/top-shops-philadelphia-buy-raw-denim/

Hi, I´m looking for a new pair with a modern cut slim tapered between 13 and 15 oz without arc poctets

I´m between: 

Joe Mccoy Lot.991

Rogue Territory Stanton 15 OZ Cone mills

Hiut Denim Hack@ Slim Selvedge

Anny Suggestions?

Edited by snchz