THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Flathead 3009, Strike Gold SG1105 or any other jean.

I have a pair of SDA 003 and Samurai S0500xx that are wearing out. I like the way they fit and am looking for the same/similar fit. I prefer the denim of the LHT SDA 003 because they are smoother/softer. I'm also looking for a lower weight denim. Thanks.

Edited by anders

s003jp-yamato or flathead se05bsp or IH-555 21 oz. OR..... flat heads f310. I'm into the slim tapered look with a nice butt pocket arc... hehehe

You have some different cuts there, you'd be best figuring the cut you want first as that will narrow things for you.

Flathead 3009, Strike Gold SG1105 or any other jean.

I have a pair of SDA 003 and Samurai S0500xx that are wearing out. I like the way they fit and am looking for the same/similar fit. I prefer the denim of the LHT SDA 003 because they are smoother/softer. I'm also looking for a lower weight denim. Thanks.

well, im not an expert, but I am pretty sure the SG1105 is not smooth denim. Its pretty slubby.

Union Clothing are good people and pleasant to deal with, I've bought from them before. It's worth calling Interstate in Covent Garden and checking their prices if you're in or around London. I've bought 5 pairs of the older MiJ Waynesvilles from them in the past for very good prices. The Edwin 'ville range is great value and I'd certainly recommend them. Good luck.

Hi,

I was a bit of a lurker on this and other Denim based Forums but decided to join this one as it seems the most knowledgeable, so......

Does anyone own a Flat Head Type I Denim Jacket, 6001W?

If so, how are they?

I've only seen pictures of them online and some of the pictures make them look amazing, others, very ordinary.

Also, I have a Size 48 Levi's LVC Type I, from 1996, with "555" on the back of the buttons and the size post shrinkage is a bit weird, I notice most of the Japanese Jackets only go to 44, so would the Flat Head Type I even fit me?

I´m looking for a slim straight pair with good fades potential. I´m Between:

Flat Head 3001

Flat Head F301

What´s the difference between these models? What do you recommend me?

Thanks

Edited by snchz

Iron Heart 666 or The Flathead 3009?

I'd like some room in my thighs and crotch so they don't blow out as quickly as my other jeans.  I know the 3009 has more room, but damn I wanna try some Iron Heart denim.  Also how is the denim on both of these especially the iron hearts?  I know their 21 oz is their main denim but how is this 18oz denim?  Same heavy duty but super soft qualities?

Iron Heart 666 or The Flathead 3009?

I'd like some room in my thighs and crotch so they don't blow out as quickly as my other jeans.  I know the 3009 has more room, but damn I wanna try some Iron Heart denim.  Also how is the denim on both of these especially the iron hearts?  I know their 21 oz is their main denim but how is this 18oz denim?  Same heavy duty but super soft qualities?

3009 are definitely roomier in the top block...and the 3xxx denim from The Flat Head is one of my absolute favorites.  The 18oz on the 666 is cool...super grainy, contrasty, aggressive fading properties, very different from the soft, blankety, subtle 21oz flagship IH denim.  If you are looking at cuts in the ballpark of the 3009 and want to try IH denim, I'd just take a look at the 634s...it could definitely work for you.  That said...the 3009s are probably my favorite of the bunch.

I am currently wearing the 3sixteen sz 34 SL-120x and after a few months of wear they fit pretty perfectly - though the waist is a bit big (roomy enough in the thighs, slight taper, long inseam.. I'm 6'5'' about 220 lbs) (for measurement reference: http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7840000 )

Now, I have narrowed it down to a few options:

Size 35: Samurai s710XX or s0500XX

Size 34: Momotaro 0201: http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7976001

size 36: Eternal 811:  http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7490001

Size 34/36 (unsure which): SG2105

I would like to decide sooner rather than later, as Blueowl has their sale now, and if I get one of those two, its 15% off!

Also, if anyone else has any ideas for better unsanforized jeans in that price point (~$300>), i'd love to hear them, or if I messed up approximate sizing, it would be nice to know too (first time with unsanforized denim)

Edit: Added SG to the list

Edited by golden_bear

I'm planning on backing this company's kickstarter but wanted to see if anyone else had opinions: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rpmwest/rpmwest-perfect-jeans-delivered

$95 bucks for 14.5oz pictures look real promising. I know they may not be as great as iron heart, flathead, etc. but they look pretty nice at an entry level. Just curious if anyone else backed them?

Edited by cernio

I have noticed quite a few popping up, they are making raw and selvedge easier to get into, Naked & Famous/Unbranded and APC are "the" entryway denim leaders per say it seems or that seems what these guys are fighting to take the place of