THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Is there a better pair of black raws in the $200 range than imperial dukes?

depends on how you define "better". at that price range it all depends on personal preference. Imperial Dukes are really nice jeans, but in that price range you can also look at Skull 5010xx bk, Studio D'Artisan DP-292, PBJ xx-005bk. if you are willing to drop a little more you can get Samurai, Iron Heart, or Flat heads, etc. Look into all of those and see if any interest you more than the dukes

Its taboo 'round here...but why not just go try them on to see if you like them first?

The opportunity arose to buy and I took it. I didnt want to have to haul ass down to that one store on lafayette that I know stocks them and besides which the last time I was there they didnt have any sizes above 32... ;)

For the PumaXEvisu line, I posted some issues here http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=413010#post413010 . In short the slim fit wont be in my waist size so now I have to decide

A Mens Regular Greencast in a 30 and have the legs tailored to a slimmer fit?

OR

A Womens Straight Greencast and deal with the tiny zipper and less appealing back patch.

hi all

At the time, my favorite fit is LVC 501xx 1947. I often hear that new standard fit is close to it. It is true ? I usually size 30, but my 501xx is 32, and fit perfect. So which size i have to take for a NS ? Thank you a lot

Hmm...I would say that no, they're not a similar fit. LVC sizes have varied greatly in the past, do you happen to know which season yours are from, and are they rawr or pre-distressed? I have a pair of distressed 47501's from fall 05, and they sized at least 2 or 3 sizes smaller than the tagged size.

In either case, if you want some NS's, I would get a 27/28 if you normally wear a 30. They'll be very tight at first, but they stretch like crazy (as you'll read everywhere on here and other forums). Most say to size down 2, but go 3 if you want them to fit tighter. Check out the pics on any of the stores that sell them online (context, denimbar, etc.) and you'll see how the fit differs.

Ok trying to decide on the classic Lee 101z such as this 1953 model at Aeroleather...

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/webapp/aeroleather/servlet/AeroViewPage?page=displayproduct&subcatid=178&prodid=7

or the Sugarcane sc41945 as featured on (the over priced) Togged site...

http://www.togged.com/product/B000GAPEEQ/Merchant/cat/385330121/Sugar-Cane-Jeans.htm

Owning a couple of pairs of Canes i know how good the quality is but a like the sound of the detailing on the original Lee's.

Where would be the best place in Osaka or Kyoto, to get Flat Head 3001's - does FabFour carry them? I know someone who is going to be over there in a little while and he's been kind enough to offer to buy me a pair (with me paying him in return obviously). So anyone know where they're stocked in those two cities?

Ok trying to decide on the classic Lee 101z such as this 1953 model at Aeroleather...

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/webapp/aeroleather/servlet/AeroViewPage?page=displayproduct&subcatid=178&prodid=7

or the Sugarcane sc41945 as featured on (the over priced) Togged site...

http://www.togged.com/product/B000GAPEEQ/Merchant/cat/385330121/Sugar-Cane-Jeans.htm

Owning a couple of pairs of Canes i know how good the quality is but a like the sound of the detailing on the original Lee's.

Those lee's are the shit...hope your legs aren't too long tho.

Fit is going to depend on the person. But the number of ripped crotches I've seen on Nudies gives me the impression that APC are higher quality. I haven't worn mine long enough to say that they'll last, but from what I've seen from others they seem to be able to withstand quite a lot.

Dior 21cm or SExIH ?

Perks of SExIH -

21 oz and Selvage

Downsides under my condition -

Around $100 more, Summer + 21 oz = Drama

Input please.

Hmm. Really tough pick.

Even though it's 21oz, I'd still go with SExIH. Aren't those pretty limited? You might have a hard time finding a pair by the time fall comes around.

Plus, by then, you'll have 'em worn in great. :)