THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Samurai varies the thread thickness too. I'm sure they use at least #5 threads whereas mid weight jeans use mostly #7 to max #6 threads for the denim.

and the weft I pulled out yesterday from my 24oz Samurai (from the belt loop) was the thickest I've seen so far

Bit of a strange this or that, as the 2 items i want are completely different, but I can only afford one or the other.....so given the choice, should it be..

IHSH-33, 12oz denim shirt

Or

Samurai S0110XJ - 17oz Jin denim jeans

That was my initial leaning too Beats, and it was your pics which made me want one too, ha ha.

My thinking on the Jins is that I love my Samurai Jin jacket, the denim is so unique and beautiful, and I would like some jeans to match.....

Hmmmm.... the shirt is looking favourite though.

Samurai comes out with a new Jin model every year I thought, why not wait and get next year's model while you enjoy the Iron Heart denim shirt with your Jin jacket? It would be interesting to see different LHT denims with each other than just the same denim for jacket and jeans.

well there are lot of differences.

1. the Samurai is 300$ more expensive

2. the cut is totally different. the SDA are slimmer and more fitted

3. Samurai is dyed more often and has heavier and probably slubbier denim

you should really make sure what pair would match your desire in terms of fit because the fit makes you wear the pair.

I hated the Red Wings GT and loved the Wolverines (I have the Addison version). Sold my Red Wings on Ebay for very little and wasn't very distraught. Just keep in mind the Wolverines will need a resole sooner than most leather soled boots. Also if the additional cost isn't a concern take a look at White's SD, you can get them with the the block heel if you're going for that look.

Guest rusholmeruffian

Thanks. Should I go tts ? I always size down on rw .

What is the deal with the wolverine sole wearing quickly ?

I was intending to put a cats paw rubber sole on.

^ The modern Wolverine's 1000 Mile have leather outsole with rubber heels - so the traction and durability is not as good as others as far as the outsole goes - I think this is what smittybat was referring to.

TTS on the 1000 Mile worked ok for me, maybe a little snug in the toebox across the horizontal, but the Chromexcel has a lot of give.

I am looking for a pair of jeans with some high quality construction and a slim fit...my 47 LVC's finally falling apart and I am looking for something a little slimmer, with a slight taper. They also need nice pocket bags, as for some all my pockets seem to fall part! I am willing to spend ~$300

So, heres what I came up with after browsing around:

Momotaro 701 Vintage Straight

SDA 103

Eternal 811

or....the new Roys Nihon RS2 which come out this Saturday. These are a little out of my price range but they seem super awesome...

I am looking for quality over fading properties.

Looking for a medium priced indigo jean so I was thinking

Japan BluexMomotaro - Skinny Straight

Or

Naked & Famous Japan Heritage - Weird Guy

I'd go with the Momotaros. I'm not familiar with the new Japan Blue line, but I have a pair of the regular Momos, and they are exceptional jeans. I've never been impressed with N&F, based on what I've seen in stores.

I am looking for a pair of jeans with some high quality construction and a slim fit...my 47 LVC's finally falling apart and I am looking for something a little slimmer, with a slight taper. They also need nice pocket bags, as for some all my pockets seem to fall part! I am willing to spend ~$300

So, heres what I came up with after browsing around:

Momotaro 701 Vintage Straight

SDA 103

Eternal 811

or....the new Roys Nihon RS2 which come out this Saturday. These are a little out of my price range but they seem super awesome...

I am looking for quality over fading properties.

Both the SDA and the Warehouse jeans use all cotton constructional threads, so the seams will wear out and break more quickly. If you're not interested in doing repairs, I'd recommend looking only at jeans with poly/cotton constructional threads, which are something like 3X stronger. As I said before, the Momotaros are exceptional quality and the denim is beautiful. You can't go wrong with a pair. If you check the Momo thread, you'll see about a billion pairs of the 701s and how they age.

Having said that, I'd recommend spending the extra cash for the Roys. I've seen the craftsmanship and attention to detail that Roy puts into his jeans and they are truly fantastic. The new denim sounds great, too. Besides, I'd like to see someone get a pair so I can enjoy them vicariously.:D