THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Not as much of a this or that but a question still....

Judging from the measurements on the websites,

Would a pair of size 28 301S fit the same as a pair of

size 28 Ande Whall Rakers?

301S

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=622

Raker

http://andewhall.bigcartel.com/style-guide-size-charts

My female friend tried on a pair of 7301 and really liked the fit but wanted an indigo jean.

I have 2 pairs of PBJ's (although the 005 model) and some 710's. The 710's are my favourite jeans out there, hands down, but when you need to wear something a little lighter and forgiving you cant beat PBJ denim.

Of the 2 choices I would definitely go for the Samurais, the 710 is an amazing piece of denim, and then buy some PBJ's aswell. You should also own some Iron Hearts (BB's 301's or 634's), and some Sugar Canes.....not forgetting some vintage Levis.

Once you have all those you should buy other denim based on personal choice, the jeans that I mention are just the "must haves". ha ha.

yes, dont buy what you were originally after, buy all the same as what megatron has, he's the expert.

I would go for the PBJ 11s. A bit different these days

I dont own Iron Hearts, Vintage Levis, or Sugar Canes (until tomorrow), and I also did answer his question with my opinion also on the jeans he asked about (based on my personal experience handling and owning the denim).

The rest of my response is what we "normal" people refer to as "humour", you should try it out some time.

Also, telling someone to buy some really expensive jeans because they are "a bit different" is not really much use as an opinion is it? It offers nothing about quality or cut, or any personal experience with the denim they were asking about at all.

^megatron - sorry, Im not sure I buy that your post was made humourously at all. Like a lot of your posts, you make reference to particular items or product codes wholly out of context to the question/thread/topic. One way of reading that is an attempt by you to convey knowdledge of denim or gain internet peer approval/accpetance or it could be that you just buy or indicate that you want a lot of stuff in a hypebeast kind of way. You might not have iron hearts but you have stated elsewhere that you want some and it appears that it doesnt even matter as to the cut.

I could be way off the mark of course and if I am then I apologise but that is how I read it.

As for the jeans themselves, I assumed that the OP had some basic knowledge of both pairs and me suggesting that he get a particular pair because they are a bit different is entirely valid - look back at the thread and you will see this on many occasions from lots of other posters. We wouldnt all want to look the same would we?. As for saying that a particular type of denim is amazing - pretty unhelpful I think. I would venture that a lot of the Japanese denim that gets talked about on here is of such a standard that it could be regarded as hgh quality. Its the little details of each brand that mark them out from each other. Amazing is a word used very lazily by lots of people. So simply telling the OP that the denim is amazing takes him no further.

Anyway, its Xmas, enjoy your Hawaiis and be merry.

Mate, you think too much about other peoples motives for posting, and draw some very negative and incorrect conclusions.

Try to lighten up a bit in the festive period eh?

I dont own Iron Hearts, Vintage Levis, or Sugar Canes (until tomorrow), and I also did answer his question with my opinion also on the jeans he asked about (based on my personal experience handling and owning the denim).

The rest of my response is what we "normal" people refer to as "humour", you should try it out some time.

Also, telling someone to buy some really expensive jeans because they are "a bit different" is not really much use as an opinion is it? It offers nothing about quality or cut, or any personal experience with the denim they were asking about at all.

Perhaps big truck was simply being 'sarcastic', a form of 'humour'.