THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I have a dilemma choosing between pbj 007's, Sugar Cane Okinawa's, Samurai S5000xx or Iron Heart 634's. I'm looking for a versatile pair of jeans to be my new project after christmas, and I'm also still undecided about some black denim...didnt fancy the Andy Whalls.

Ok, I know I'm asking about a few this or thats, but I'm off to NY in 6 weeks and need to plan my purchases.

I have a pair of Timberland Abington Hikers in black, and was going to buy a new pair in dark brown, but I want to know how they compare to something like Red Wing Iron Rangers or Gentlemen Travellers as they are all a similar price. I like the aesthetic of all three boots, and they would only be used for general wear, so durability around town is the key factor.

I have a dilemma choosing between pbj 007's, Sugar Cane Okinawa's, Samurai S5000xx or Iron Heart 634's. I'm looking for a versatile pair of jeans to be my new project after christmas, and I'm also still undecided about some black denim...didnt fancy the Andy Whalls.

Funny, but I have all the jeans on your list, except the PBJs.

The Okis are super-slubby (some of the slubbiest I've seen/felt) and fade quickly. The fit isn't the most flattering, and I think you'll need bigger thighs and calves to pull off a decent look with the Okinawas.

The 634s are almost the opposite, very even denim, and tough to fade, with the heavy (and soft) 21 oz. denim.

The Samurai S0500xx and S5000vx are both amazing--slubby, with a more flattering cut. The S5000vx has a lower rise, and tighter thighs, while the S0500xx has the tapered leg and awesome Texas cotton.

Tough choice. Maybe the S0500xx out of all those.

BiG still has a few sizes left

thanks yes, but they only have 28 and 29 waist left and i need at least a 34 size.. time to lurk around supermarket for a pair

regarding wh 660 the rise seems quite low, not sure it will suit me but the denim itself and the relative cheap price make it an option.

so is eternal 811?

Looking to get a 40's cut, which provide ample leg & thigh room. I think the 40's cut is what I need in a size 36. Any suggestions will be appreciated. I was eyeballing the Warehouse 1001, & 1003 cut but have not committed to either cut or brand. Any ideas or comments on the 1001 or 1003 denim or cut would be helpful. Thanks.