THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Why is that ?

Eternal denim lasts a lot longer, has more vertical falling and the dye itself is a lot darker than skull denim.

Yes, eternals are darker than skulls and they do have more vertical falling that yields a higher contrast. But I dont think the skulls 5000

is trying yield a high contrasting fade.... I think they r just trying to reproduce an accurate 50's levis model. so it's matter of personal preference.....

however, I wouldnt say it lasts alot longer beatle... we dont know how long the anniversay denim can last.... the problem with the regular skulls is that people dont treat them correctly (not washed enough)... "if you treat your denim right, they should out last you." is the famous quote by i-forgot-who...

dude you just bought eternals!!!
dude you just bought Roys as well lol....

Someone's taking it to the next level with their wardrobe collection that's 2 pairs in the past week already..lol

oooops didn't realise these got replied.

im not a collector! i wear all of them and i wear them hard! i have no new denim on hand now and all my current pairs have almost fallen apart. can't wait till october for the eternals to get here and i dont know how long will ROY be done with my pair. im pretty sure he's got a lot on hand to do now, so i dont want to be pushing him.

but i just realised that SE ran out of both my sizes for the SE05BSP and the IH301s. haha, so tough luck. guess its back to denim repair! but one day i WILL get those 301s because they might come in handy for colder days.

thanks guys!

I'm a very simple guy when it comes to denim - and i've been impressed with the knowledge of both denim and footwear coming off this board.

Right now - I wear J Crew Vintage slim (cost me around $88) and I'm looking to raise my game but not spend a whole lot more than $100...

Any recommendations??? I'm in NYC/NJ Area...

I'm a very simple guy when it comes to denim - and i've been impressed with the knowledge of both denim and footwear coming off this board.

Right now - I wear J Crew Vintage slim (cost me around $88) and I'm looking to raise my game but not spend a whole lot more than $100...

Uniqlo perhaps or check this out www.elha.us

Momotaro 0705sp or Flathead 1001?

if you're not looking to spend a lot more than $100, your best bet would be something off the supermarket for something cheap but still good.

I've flip flop on what pair to get. I was all over the map. What helped me make my decision was all the nice pairs on the contest thread. Wouldn't want to mention names since I might forget someone. Thank you to all that posted their Denime & all that helped. Much obliged. Now waiting on Gordan in hopes he has a bigger size in the "backrooms" if not will have to size down 1. Can't wait!

Looking for jeans that fit like this:

photo25w.jpg

Those are N&F WG tagged 29s, but I'm gaining some weight, so I'm just looking for something that isn't N&F, sub $200, with a slight taper, that maybe can handle my more muscular thighs, lol. Where I wear my jeans, on the hips, is a measured 32, but who knows it might go up to 33.