THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a pair of japanese denim.

any recommendation besides samurai?

I'm interested in Visvim Fluxus and Evisu...

What do you guys think?

like... good raw denim I can break into...

I've thought about dior homme raw 19cms or 20cms.. but they might be abit too tight.. =(

yer... black raw denim would b good.

But if its indigo I guess i can still live with it

Cheers!

This is the Visvim Flexus Raw Denim Button Fly.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/nana-navi/10000528/

When I tried it on. It was rock hard and it has a very gentle cut and sew.

I dun have a picture for the Evisu no.1 2001.. But I'm thinking about getting them custom painted in Japan Tokyo. Like two black "m" on the back pockets.

lol cheers

No. 1 = raw and not sanforized. It'll shrink quite a bit so you gotta pick the right size.

I think the fit is a bit regular, slightly high rise if you dont mind that. But nice denim quality though.

Cant say much about the Visvims but have you considered other brands as Durden pointed out?

Okay I ran into some money, so what's a better way than spending it on some new jeans?

Currently I am looking into the http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/1601-10th/ , Warehouse 10th Anniv. I'm a 31" true waist, but I need about 12" in the thigh @ the crotch. The rise on these is a little high and I feel it would look weird riding them low.

SHould I go for them or are there other jeans in this price range to consider?

No. 1 = raw and not sanforized. It'll shrink quite a bit so you gotta pick the right size.

I think the fit is a bit regular, slightly high rise if you dont mind that. But nice denim quality though.

Cant say much about the Visvims but have you considered other brands as Durden pointed out?

yo techi!

if i'm around 83cm~84cm on the waist (about 32~33")?

what size do you recogn I should buy the Evisu No.1 2000 =) ?

Do you kno how much it'll usually cost if its you get it painted in Japan?

is it any different to Evisu No.1 2001? (like WAY baggier?)

ohh.. but the visvim fluxus feels real good.. haha! they're kinda expensive tho.. its 470 AUD...

Thanks man!

Okay I ran into some money, so what's a better way than spending it on some new jeans?

Currently I am looking into the http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/1601-10th/ , Warehouse 10th Anniv. I'm a 31" true waist, but I need about 12" in the thigh @ the crotch. The rise on these is a little high and I feel it would look weird riding them low.

SHould I go for them or are there other jeans in this price range to consider?

Oh my god, get a dior homme, sif say no to a dior homme. Its kinda slim tho. I'm a 32" and yer.. LOL

if you want high rise... Visvim Fluxus is kinda high rise.

I'm gonna do the classic "go slightly over the amount you stated": APC can be had for $112 at denimbaronline.com, when the code "style4um" is used. You'll have to wait until their sale ends, however, as the code is currently disabled.

how about some cheap mondays? they are on sale on that site you gave me.

Oh my god, get a dior homme, sif say no to a dior homme. Its kinda slim tho. I'm a 32" and yer.. LOL

if you want high rise... Visvim Fluxus is kinda high rise.

I don't think you quoted the right person my man. Tisk tisk.

My question still stands (tho the 10th anniv warehouse aren't selvage and i want selvage//)

I'm in quite a dilema.

I already plan on purchasing the DubbleWorks contest jeans for next year but I'd like another pair to rotate in with them.

I'm debating between the Flathead 3001/F310 and Samurai S0500XX and possibly SDA-103's. Obviously I'd rather have the arcs and tabs on any one of these models, but I doubt thats possible without a proxy (please tell me if in fact I can do it without one..:)). So, which one might you suggest? As you can tell, I'm interested in something Japanese. Other brand suggestions are welcome. :)

Samurai S5000VX

or

Eternal 811

or

APC NS

I'm looking for a Levi 501 fit, maybe a tad bit slimmer but nothing tight/too slim.

3 pairs that are really different..

If you want to meet in the middle , go for the Eternals..

If you want it loose, go for the Sam's

If you want a more tapered leg , go for APC

Samurai S5000VX

or

Eternal 811

or

APC NS

I'm looking for a Levi 501 fit, maybe a tad bit slimmer but nothing tight/too slim.

Assuming you can't try any of these on, I'd go for the APCs - very versatile, and about half the price of the other 2. You've also got the benefit of a plethora of fit pics on the forum to help you get the right size.

Oni Denim Red vs Imperial Black King Raw Black Selvage?

Compare and contrast?

I'll help since I've had both of them.

True to size kings were a nice relaxed fit, not too huge in the thighs, but with room to breathe. The straight, high-ish rise my favorite part as it made them a very versatile cut, good for wearing high or low (since I sag like whoaa). The denim was nice, a bit streaky, and a slightly lighter almost greyish colored black. Fading was really hard to get and after I sold them at almost 5 months there was little to show.

I also had a pair of Oni Reds, sized one down, and they were still a bit too baggy for my taste. A lot of room in the thighs and a large leg opening, almost billowy. Also, the higher rise wasn't completely straight like the kings, meaning that wearing them low resulted in a fair bit of hip flare and a somewhat "dumpy" seat. However, Oni denim is some of the most ridiculous you'll find...super super slubby and really deep in color.

If you like a more traditional, higher rise, roomy cut, go for the Onis. If you're looking for something a bit more modern, but still relaxed get the kings. The black denim is nice, but the super slubs of the reds make for a very unique jean.

I live in New Zealand and i am hesitant about buying from the USA as i heard that they measure differently from us.I am very keen to buy a pair of Levis 501s in BLACK and wonder if anyone would know where i can buy with confidence.They have to be made in the USA and i am a 36"waistline.They retail here at nz$160.00 but are made in Vietnam or Pakistan.Please help me before i top myself!!!:confused:

I'll help since I've had both of them.

True to size kings were a nice relaxed fit, not too huge in the thighs, but with room to breathe. The straight, high-ish rise my favorite part as it made them a very versatile cut, good for wearing high or low (since I sag like whoaa). The denim was nice, a bit streaky, and a slightly lighter almost greyish colored black. Fading was really hard to get and after I sold them at almost 5 months there was little to show.

I also had a pair of Oni Reds, sized one down, and they were still a bit too baggy for my taste. A lot of room in the thighs and a large leg opening, almost billowy. Also, the higher rise wasn't completely straight like the kings, meaning that wearing them low resulted in a fair bit of hip flare and a somewhat "dumpy" seat. However, Oni denim is some of the most ridiculous you'll find...super super slubby and really deep in color.

If you like a more traditional, higher rise, roomy cut, go for the Onis. If you're looking for something a bit more modern, but still relaxed get the kings. The black denim is nice, but the super slubs of the reds make for a very unique jean.

Thank you! Very helpful.