THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

ok i'm torn between these two pairs of jeans, and not sure which ones to go with.

i have sc hawaii and they fit great, but the edo ai is supposed to fit different, but it has the buckle back and a great green shade to it.

the sda i tried on and they seem to fit pretty well too, great that its natural indigo so it shouldn't fade too fast, no green tint to it, and again it has the buckle back.

they are both within 20 dollars of each other so price is not really the issue here.. so which one would you pick and why?

seriously i'm not sure which one to get i know i can't go wrong with either, but do the sda's in general fade as nicely as sc?

and no, i can't buy both right now.. i wish i could but can't swing that much cash now.

Skull 5010 6x6

or

Flat Head 3100

How are they in terms of rise, hem and thigh/knee thightness? Also, any opinions on denim texture (color and slub)?

I have the same question too

I'm stuck between skulls 5010

flathead 3100

or nudies RRDS

sbrguy, which Edos are we talking about? the 40500 or 40501?

i'd pick the d'artisans, personally. i'm not really a fan of the edo models, the green cast is a little awkward. in fact i probably like the colour and details of the okinawas best, followed by the hawaii.

in case you were worried about the SDA fading...

SD-001: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=276075&postcount=58

SD-103: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=293842&postcount=124

and again: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=359116&postcount=146

I have the same question too

I'm stuck between skulls 5010

flathead 3100

or nudies RRDS

Nudie RRDS are nothing close to those other 2 jeans. Completely different cut all the way though. RRDS are a slightly looser bootleg cut while the others are medium-low rise jeans that taper.

should i get the apc new standard or regular cure.

i'm looking for a fit where the bottom of the leg still looks straight even after the honeycombs develop.

I have levi's 514s and i notice that after i have honey combs on these, the mid area becomes skinnier than the bottom so that the leg opening looks as if it flares out kind of like a bootcut especially when i wear them with sneakers. However when i take them off and flatten them, it looks like a straight leg again. I am scared the new standards will do the same thing my 514's do.

I was thinking the regular cures but im scared that the leg opening will be tapered too much so that the bottom will be skinnier than the middle when the honeycombs set in.

I'm not asking which of the jeans is more of a straight leg because we know that's the new standard. What i wanna know is which will look like a straight leg once the honey comes set in and the knee area becomes smaller in width.

that is my small question. thanks :D

^

i thought the knee area stretches out instead of becoming smaller in width?

well, for me, when I make honeycombs on the knee area, all of the denim bunches up while the denim from the lower leg remains straight. when you look in the mirror, your jeans look thinner at the knee area and the lower leg appears wider as if it were a bootcut.

andrew, if u like the 514 fit (minus the "bootcut" illusion) then i would recommend you get the new standard and size down at least 2 sizes from your true waist size. the new standard isnt too skinny and has a good taper, but will look like straight leg when worn in.

so the new standard won't do that? that's good to hear. You say size down at least 2 so 3 would probably be reasonable? is sizing down 3 really all that bad? I heard people complaining that it's absolutely dreadful.

well, for me, when I make honeycombs on the knee area, all of the denim bunches up while the denim from the lower leg remains straight. when you look in the mirror, your jeans look thinner at the knee area and the lower leg appears wider as if it were a bootcut.

so the new standard won't do that? that's good to hear. You say size down at least 2 so 3 would probably be reasonable? is sizing down 3 really all that bad? I heard people complaining that it's absolutely dreadful.

It all depends on your measurements, ya mean? If your thighs are remnants of the megladon, perhaps, perhaps. If you think about it... sizing down three is really not all that much. It just sounds like a lot when you say 3, but if you consider the fact that the true waist size of that jean, sized down three, is one less than your true waist size, thats really not all that bad. If you walked into a store and bought some random pair of jeans in a true 32 waist when you're a 33, would that seem crazy? It's the same thing.

Actually the new standard tapers more than the new cures at least from a measurement standpoint. The NS taper about 2" and the NC taper only 1". However the knee of the new cure is smaller than the NS so the hem of the NC ends up being smaller in the end.

I've sized down 3 in NS at barneys and was able to button them up and everything. They were tight at the time but would've stretched fine.

I was under the impression that the skull 5010 6x6 was more comparable to the flathead 3001 than the 5507. The measurements for the 5010 and 3001 are pretty close. I can't tell what cut and type of look you're exactly going for.

If you're deciding between 5010 6x6 and flathead 3001, then i'm curious as well because i was thinking of those 2. It's so hot out though that i'd force myself to sell my pbjs if i bought them. 14-15+oz jeans get old in the summer. It was 85 today and so humid it felt like it was raining up.

Hi. Just wanted to ask you guys how the sizing is for vans. I saw a couple on ebay I probably want to buy but I haven't worn vans for years and can't remember my size anymore and won't have a chance to go to the shops before end of auction. ANYWAY, I wear a euro 42/ US 8.5 Nike dunks. Which size would I need for vans? Thanks in advance!

skull 5507 6x6 or flathead 3001/4001

should i get black denim?

skulls are cheaper, get the skulls.

what is some raw black denim

with these similar measurements

waist 32"

front rise 8.75"

back rise 14"

thigh 12"

knee 8"

inseam 34.5"

leg opening 7"

can't really find anything like it...

raw black imperial dukes? just a thought--might be wrong.

what is some raw black denim

with these similar measurements

waist 32"

front rise 8.75"

back rise 14"

thigh 12"

knee 8"

inseam 34.5"

leg opening 7"

can't really find anything like it...

I think a size 31 Skull 5010xx Black is very close to what you're looking for, they will stretch to about those same measurements. or a size 32 if you think 31 is too small, check their measurements:

http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/size_bb08.html#5010

KMW 1950 or 1980? I cant really tell what the difference is in the cut from pictures online. And they're made from the same denim right?

1950's have a fuller cut. Check out Context's website...some of the stores selling them online have shit picture that don't do them justice. Keep in mind that the 1950's on Context's website are different denim (hence the high price), but their standard line uses the same denim I believe.