THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

No not cruel at all!

What would be 'cruel' is buying him a pair of STF in size 29  tell him it stands for 'Stretch to Fit' and watch him struggle for a few days while you do your best to look heart broken..

Some time later...........

"Oh! what a pity"

"I'll have to chuck them in the wash before i send them back"

"Oh no! ive put them on a 'hot wash' by 'mistake' and they've shrunk"

"Y'know? these might just fit me"

He's relieved, you get a new pair of jeans...everyones happy! ..don't feel bad we've all done it :)

10 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

No not cruel at all!

What would be 'cruel' is buying him a pair of STF in size 29  tell him it stands for 'Stretch to Fit' and watch him struggle for a few days while you do your best to look heart broken..

Some time later...........

"Oh! what a pity"

"I'll have to chuck them in the wash before i send them back"

"Oh no! ive put them on a 'hot wash' by 'mistake' and they've shrunk"

"Y'know? these might just fit me"

He's relieved, you get a new pair of jeans...everyones happy! ..don't feel bad we've all done it :)

bahahhahah....this is exactly what I should do :D

1 hour ago, Thanks_M8 said:

Ironheart maybe? Standard inseam was around 36“ when i got my last pair of them. 634 or 666 are slimmer versions of 501s in heavy denim, mostly in the top block.

thank you!  I am definitely considering those.  I think I like iron heart's back pockets better than the rogue territory jeans I was looking at earlier.

I'm also always on the lookout for raw denim jeans that have a 29-30" waist with 12" or bigger thighs, and a low rise.  33 inch or longer inseam. But that's for me, not for him :)

and I prefer to buy already used/faded jeans for me (but I prefer to buy new for him)

it's's really difficult to stay in "shopping for him" mode :D

• 3 weeks later...

I’m looking to buy a comfortable lose tapered Jean any recommendations please my favourite fit was the resolute 712 I had them in a 36/29 and loved them I’ve gained a bit of weight and that’s the largest size as you all know any help would be much appreciated cheers 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello in the USA,  looking for recommendations for a black high rise straight or slim straight. NOT a relax taper.  Need a FR of at least 12” for a 35.5-36. 
First thought is the LF NYC Black Maria greaser but they are  out of stock and the thighs on my indigo pair are pretty wide.

The new SC for self edge pair look interesting but they are definitely pricy....

thanks 

• 1 month later...

The Mister Freedom 44 is a high rise straight cut that comes in black. It's dyed black though so black  all the way through rather than lighter on the inside.

• 1 month later...

https://www.dry-bones.com/product/jean-engineering-denim-pants-2

or 

https://pherrows.tokyo/collections/all/products/521sw-ow

I've never owned or handled a pair of either, so i'm curious about constructions and fades and all the good stuff. Wondering if anyone has owned either? doesn't have to be these exact fits. 

Dry Bones' construction is top notch (as all Japanese brands?!). The denim is quite soft and will fade very slowly. Cool pants for sure.

Both cuts are pretty different though. The Dry Bones model is a tapered 66 cut whereas the Pherrow's are a 40s-50s cut with a wider leg.

5 hours ago, unders said:

@Ahlvahroe I think @Topnotcher has a pair of the Pherrows so may be be able to  help. 

Yes i have the 421 sw ( like 1947 cut) and the 451 ww 2 model.Once i owned the 500sw buckle back and the 521sw (kind of 1955 cut). How can i help?

9 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Dry Bones' construction is top notch (as all Japanese brands?!). The denim is quite soft and will fade very slowly. Cool pants for sure.

Both cuts are pretty different though. The Dry Bones model is a tapered 66 cut whereas the Pherrow's are a 40s-50s cut with a wider leg.

Do you have any pics of faded dry bones? I can’t find any of the faded double helix arcs ones.
Also from sizing I’ve looked at online, are dry bones a little bigger in the waist than labeled? 

2 hours ago, Topnotcher said:

Yes i have the 421 sw ( like 1947 cut) and the 451 ww 2 model.Once i owned the 500sw buckle back and the 521sw (kind of 1955 cut). How can i help?

Does the 521 also have the flannel pockets? Flannel don’t seem sturdy and I want a pair to beat to death. 

I kinda want a looser pair too. I just got some evisu 2000t like 3 months ago so I’m looking at my options. 

thanks!

4 hours ago, Ahlvahroe said:

Do you have any pics of faded dry bones? I can’t find any of the faded double helix arcs ones.
Also from sizing I’ve looked at online, are dry bones a little bigger in the waist than labeled? 

Does the 521 also have the flannel pockets? Flannel don’t seem sturdy and I want a pair to beat to death. 

I kinda want a looser pair too. I just got some evisu 2000t like 3 months ago so I’m looking at my options. 

thanks!

No flannel pockets .Found the denim on the 521 so la la ,denim on the other models is different and really nice. The loosest cut is the 500sw ,followed by the 451sw. 521 is roomy in top block  with a little taper. All true to size.

https://ameblo.jp/smaclo/entry-11451559802.html

https://gamp.ameblo.jp/smaclo-m/entry-12235251204.html

Edited by Topnotcher

On 7/9/2021 at 4:27 PM, Ahlvahroe said:

It's tough to find faded examples online but there are some on Instagram.
And yes, they are quite oversized. My pair was a tagged W32 and I usually wear a size 34 in most brands.

@beautiful_FrEaK i actually think i saw one of your posts on IG while researching this so yeah, it doesn't seem like there are a ton of newer faded dry bones. 

i've totally fallen down a rabbit hole during my research. fob factory looks great. two moon looks cool even though i don't like blank pockets, deluxewear is looking interesting.

i'm sure i'll end up with more evisu though, ha! ok maybe not. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Who makes bolo ties?

That's a good question. Of course there are lots of cheap, tacky ones at US western wear stores. 

This place has some interesting  vintage ones. https://nativoarts.com/collections/old-bolo-ties?page=2