THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

The reason I want the train tracks it reminds me of the 80s when I used to go to American classics in London and get vintage Levi’s with the train tracks and the twisted leg I already ready got a few pairs of resolutes for this reason and a pair of studio D’Artisan was just wondering what others are good for the twisted leg and train tracks are the tcb 60s just as good for this as the 50s cheers for any input:-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All, looking for some decent plain white T's to be wore under shirts, sweats etc. Don't need to be MIJ or anything fancy just half decent quality and affordable.

One definite requirement  though is a tight crew neck. 

@Geeman just go with the size chart mate

I've just got 3 of the 260 g t-shirts in size L.  Just measured one and it is 56cm pit to pit.  The chart says 110cm (so 55cm).

The Henleys are sized smaller but the charts reflect that.

Edited by MJF9

1 minute ago, Geeman said:

Neck looks spot on 00. What size are you. 

I'm 5'10 and 72 kilo

I'm 5' 11" (ish) 73kg and ^^that's a size small, ive got a box full of them, PM me your address and i'll send you one for nowt.

I used to wear a small as an undershirt and a med in the summer but from the wash they do find your shape quite quickly so ive stuck with small for the last 10yrs or so.

8 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

I'm 5' 11" (ish) 73kg and ^^that's a size small, ive got a box full of them, PM me your address and i'll send you one for nowt.

I used to wear a small as an undershirt and a med in the summer but from the wash they do find your shape quite quickly so ive stuck with small for the last 10yrs or so.

I just bought one for 4 quid mate to give em a try. But thank you, that offers appreciated.  

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, longshanks said:

Anyone have any experience with Chamula? Thinking about snagging one of their fair isle sweaters. 

I think if you’re thinking fair isle you can get a lot better for a lot less from more traditional sources.

Edited by Duke Mantee

@Duke Mantee @JDelage

yeah that’s kind of what I was thinking, although Chamula’s “fair isle” is more of and Icelandic lopapeysa than a true fair isle, and outside of Jamieson’s, Inis Meain, and Howlin, I don’t really know what brands I should be looking out for so all help is appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
Is it cruel to gift raw denim to someone who knows nothing about raw denim? I keep getting urges to see my boyfriend in some really nice jeans.

And if it's not cruel, then I would like to get suggestions about what would look good. He's a tall guy (6'6"), big boned but slim, and I measured jeans that fit him...the absolute minimum inseam length that wouldn't look like it's too short is 35" but I would prefer if they're several inches longer than that to allow room for shrinking or maybe stacking/cuffing.

I have urges to see him in something kind of rugged, not the 12oz stretchy jeans he currently wears.

he fits in Levi's 501 36x36 but maybe something a little slimmer than that? Not skinny though.

I almost bought rogue territory stanton for him today but hesitated. just not sure. I like the shape of it though and I think it would suit him.

meanwhile I'm happily (but slowly) fading my Somet 008 jeans which turned out to be the best women's jeans ever even though they're men's jeans. I love them!  

Edited by machine-language