THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Thanks for the answers all.

I didn't know Frans Boone stocked resolute and orslow or even denim. 

Having a look at their website they even have a store in my city, Just not in the city centre. Will definitely check them out @beautiful_FrEaK

Edited by greathoudini

31 minutes ago, greathoudini said:

I'm not really a fan of the arcs, but I'll check them out anyway. 

Arcs are probably the easiest thing to get rid of on a pair of jeans. It'll literally take you 5 minutes to remove them.

does anyone have the lofgren steadfast chukka?  if yes, how are they? and how much wear do they get?  I like them -- nice balance between a work and dress boot and am considering buying...

I got the ELMC chambray workshirt in coral - it's a super nice shirt (even though the pocket police might throw themselves upon me). I'm however in doubt on the fit. It's a little smaller in the shoulders and the neck than I would like but fits well otherwise. I'm afraid that sizing up will mess with the overall fit. I need a second opinion for this.

Pardon the shitty mirror pic.

IMG_20200514_145439__01.jpg

Edited by Ar_thor

3Sixteen NT220x in double black or Rogue Territory Strong Taper in Stealth ?

Almost same measurements.

I already own 3 Double Black jeans from 3Sixteen (not NT220x). They are fine, it's a safe choice, but you know, i want to try something new.

On the other hand, from my experience, RGT quality is a little bit off comparing to 3Sixteen... 

I think I need someone to talk me out of buying an A1 from Bronson...

Obviously at 300 bucks (270 with the discount you can always wrangle), I'm not expecting anything approaching the level of Buzz or McCoy's... but I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of everything I've bought from them so far (a couple of watch caps, a tee, some chinos, an aloha shirt).

What do people think? Hard to disregard the nagging voice in my brain that says if you buy cheap, you buy twice.

2 hours ago, Kit Carruthers said:

I think I need someone to talk me out of buying an A1 from Bronson...

Obviously at 300 bucks (270 with the discount you can always wrangle), I'm not expecting anything approaching the level of Buzz or McCoy's... but I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of everything I've bought from them so far (a couple of watch caps, a tee, some chinos, an aloha shirt).

What do people think? Hard to disregard the nagging voice in my brain that says if you buy cheap, you buy twice.

It might only be 3oz leather but goatskin is tough (it is goatskin? One label says sheep) - I’d imagine the lining and trimmings will break first. Looks a bargain.

On the plus side, that gives you a chance to try an A1 for cheap. I happen to think that an A1 might not be the most convenient cut, but at that price you're not taking much risk.