THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

9 hours ago, UkeNo said:

Buy the Orslow and use the waist cinch adjuster buttons to reduce them. 

Or hot wash - Dryer them.

Do you know how much the waist adjusters help? In terms of inches. Just asking because I'd prefer not to have to dry them in a dryer.

On 12/29/2019 at 8:06 PM, cmr_reed said:

Do you know how much the waist adjusters help? In terms of inches. Just asking because I'd prefer not to have to dry them in a dryer.

it basically get a size down so around 2 inches. I can't wear a size 1 because it's to tight on the thighs and on the butt area but waist is fine. The size 2 is perfect elsewhere but a little too big on the waist. Using the waist adjuster and a belt it's perfect. Better fit, more comfy. What can you ask more ?

• 4 weeks later...

Personally not a fan of hiking boots outside of hiking attire, so the Avoriaz is a complete no-go for me. I'm also not a fan of Paraboot in general. For that kind of coin I think you can do better. 

I would like to buy an Armi Hardman t shirt. Okayama Denim carries the brand but has been out of stock for ages. I’ve tried navigating their site in Japanese but no joy and their contact link will not accept English. Any suggestions? Thanks

@JDelage Judging from my assumption of your style, your prolly don't want something like a heavy industrial logger boot, and perhaps not an engineer boot. IMO, Grant Stone makes the best bang for the buck boot/shoe there is. I've said before, you'd have to pay nearly twice what they are offered at to get the same level of quality. They offer E and EE widths in some styles. Once in a while they do limited runs of shell. They have a couple of basic styles of boots and shoes, offered in a variety of leathers and colors, and you'd be well served for life with a couple pairs from them. Tricker's in another of my favorites, as well as a couple other British makers. I don't think the Brits get enough credit for making top quality boots that are bomb-proof and look great. A Burford w/ a leather sole, and then get replaceable rubber outsoles put on, will be good for the life of your grandchildren. If you want refined work boot, White's Semi-Dress - talk to Kyle at Baker's. He works directly with White's and Wesco and can get you dialed in with a semi-custom fit and semi-custom design options. Lofgren is a no-brainer. His 4-eyelet Steadfast chukka would suit you I think. Actually, if you can find your size in stock, that's prolly the best option for you to start with. Toys McCoy Surveyor is another of my all-time favorites. F'g hate Iron Rangers. Nothing wrong with Beckman's but I don't they'd be what you're looking for. Heck, Taylor Stitch's current boots made in Leon, MX look pretty decent. 

I'm patiently waiting for this Paraboot ugly-shoe trend to pass, and move on to something a bit more exciting like Tricker's again... 

I have footwear from Tricker’s, Alfred Sargent, Redwing, Astor Flex, Paraboot and various others. Room for a variety of styles I’d say. I’d go for the Bergerac - unless you want to wear them for hiking.

Edited by Maynard Friedman

I have always wanted a pair of Avoriazes but I cannot make the sizing work for me. (have tried them on several times in a vain hope that it would) There is an incredible amount of volume in the toe/instep area, so if you have high volume feet they might work. The other Paraboot boots aren't all that interesting to be honest. What I would really love but can't quite afford are Heschung Gingkos when it comes to french boots.

So with SE having a pretty good discount for a bunch of stuff, I’m looking to get a pair or two of jeans from them. Having never owned TFH or SG denim, I’m currently looking at:

Strike gold:

3105 Left Hand Twill

Have never owned LHT before, this seems like a nice option for me. One downside, I would have prefer a bigger taper; 3109 fit is too slim though.

OR

SE x SG wavy

Fit seems better, the denim also looks interesting; I like tonal arcs. Not so sure about how the denim looks when fades though. And with 33” inseam after soak I would not really be able to cuff, which is not that bad, but still.

The Flat Head

D306

Really like everything about this pair, their 3XXX denim seems really exciting to try. My only gripe is the arcs, which are not very good looking IMHO. But maybe they’ll grow on me, or I could always remove them later.

OR

BSP-AI

Again, like everything about this pair, tonal arcs are very nice. I am a bit surprised that it is still in stock after ~2 years; and I could not find any faded pairs online, so I have no idea how it’s gonna develop.

What do you say? Would appreciate any feedback!

Edited by Cocoa_Lapin

I'd go TFH if I were you as it's uncertain what there products are going to be like since the change of ownership.  SG will still be there. I picked some TFH D306 for the same reason.

D306 are a good slim fit option in the famous denim.

Or go one of each if splashing on 2 pairs. 

2 hours ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Have you still got those MP-597's Spiral's ?

Hint hint..

I’m actually wearing them as I write this. I’ll get some pics up in the m-series thread when I have time.