THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I am looking to get a new belt. My current favorite (and most comfortable) is the HTC Self Edge Peanut sting ray belt. It's not thick at all, and is my best belt by far.

Something like a Corter or Strike Gold is much too thick and uncomfortable.

Anyone have any recommendations for something that is comfortable for when I want to wear something a bit more plain? I was looking at the Sugar Cane ones, but they seem very thick as well.

I mainly wear belts I’ve found in vintage stores. I use my vintage Eddie Bauer the most. Lots of good stuf from the 70-80’s out there. If you wanna go new Anderson also make some quality belts which are very comfortable.

image.jpg

On 3/14/2019 at 7:58 AM, SmokeStackLightning said:

I am looking to get a new belt. My current favorite (and most comfortable) is the HTC Self Edge Peanut sting ray belt. It's not thick at all, and is my best belt by far.

Anyone have any recommendations for something that is comfortable for when I want to wear something a bit more plain? I was looking at the Sugar Cane ones, but they seem very thick as well.

Rancourt makes nice chromexcel belts

Kind of a weird one, as these two jeans are nothing alike. Wanting to pick up a new pair and trying to decide between the Denime 30th XX’s or Freewheelers 601xx 1943. Kind of want to just get both but that wouldn’t be very responsible. :D

On 3/15/2019 at 6:34 PM, SmokeStackLightning said:

@Bobbo I am going to try Hubb I think, I imagine I could get a softer leather that is more comfortable? Will find out soon.

Yes mate, the one I got is very comfortable compared to my Corter belt. I think you'll be pleased! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 5:58 AM, SmokeStackLightning said:

Hollows leather make fantastic belts. Not thick and really high quality leather.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/14/2019 at 8:58 AM, SmokeStackLightning said:

I have two belts from 13fifty. They’re affordable and get the job done. I got one on scratch and dent discount for ~$30. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any experience with Sassafras? They have a pair of shorts that I'm interested in that I've found for a good price, but I haven't been able to find anything about who does their construction, how their materials and construction hold up (and age), etc. Looking forward to all input.