THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Anyone have indigo watch cap recommendations? Maybe not even just indigo, just some different colors. I have my Buzz x William Gibson one that sees a lot of action, but I want something with a little bit of color to change things up. I know 3Sixteen makes one, just want to explore other options. 

34 minutes ago, Broark said:

Anyone have indigo watch cap recommendations? Maybe not even just indigo, just some different colors. I have my Buzz x William Gibson one that sees a lot of action, but I want something with a little bit of color to change things up. I know 3Sixteen makes one, just want to explore other options. 

I have two Knickerbocker ones, both all cotton. I still wear them pretty much all winter. 

Seems they updated them this year, they look thicker now. 

12 minutes ago, Broark said:

Good suggestion, looks like most of their colors are sold out right now unfortunately. 

Check Franklin and Poe, I got one of (or maybe both, I can't remember) from them. Blue Owl had them too.

They sold out on their website last year when I wanted to get some and that's where I found them.

Outstanding co watch caps are great, lovely design and the cotton version is heavy enough for winter as well as being perfect for autumn and spring. If you want a cheaper alternative and don't mind a heavier cap check out Free ride, sold on Taobao, I love mine. They make it in olive, navy and black.

On 1/6/2019 at 8:01 PM, Broark said:

Trophy Denim has some good ones, even in burgundy.

My vote is for the Fine Creek. It will be a 4 season jacket. The cut looks full enough to wear a layer underneath it. And, it has a great ‘50s/ motorcycle vibe to it. The Ooe jacket looks to be cut too slim to wear anything but a T-shirt under it and, to me, the fabric and cut of the jacket don’t match. It is a heavy fabric and a delicate/ light cut. If that makes sense...

@SmokeStackLightning the MF is just about my favourite piece of clothing. Everything about it is great imo - the cut, awesome denim, fades great to a lovely blue hue, full of little features like the under collar fabric... there are pics over on the MF thread... worth taking a peek there.

The Stevenson does, however, also look very nice... let us know what you decide...

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I’m still torn because I like the unique look of the Ooe but the FC jacket is classic. I’ve got like a week to decide since the cutoff for the SE order is the 1st. In an ideal world I’d get both but not quite sure I can swing it right now...

3 hours ago, MJF9 said:

@SmokeStackLightning the MF is just about my favourite piece of clothing. Everything about it is great imo - the cut, awesome denim, fades great to a lovely blue hue, full of little features like the under collar fabric... there are pics over on the MF thread... worth taking a peek there.

The Stevenson does, however, also look very nice... let us know what you decide...

The Ranch Blouse is winning the race so far, the Okinawa fabric looks great. After wearing my type 2 I realized I want the front pockets even lower and easier to use. Which is why I started looking again. 

The details are fantastic.

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I’m still torn because I like the unique look of the Ooe but the FC jacket is classic. I’ve got like a week to decide since the cutoff for the SE order is the 1st. In an ideal world I’d get both but not quite sure I can swing it right now...

I say go for the Fine Creek Leathers jacket. It’s a classic cut and will never go out of style. That Ooe one is all kinds of ugly to my eyes but that’s me

My 2¢: The Okinawa fabric is really great for jeans, but it fades too quickly to work well on tops. I like my jackets to get a more even washed-out look; white knees look a lot less awkward than white elbows. Can't speak to how that particular Stevenson fabric fades, but if I were gonna get a Mister Freedom jacket it'd be one of the ones that uses the '50s or '60s SC denim.

@SmokeStackLightning it all depends on how much and hard you wear it (stating the obvious) but my denim jackets, in general, turn out less faded than my jeans just because of my wear pattern. At the current rate, it'll be many years before I get my MF as faded as I'd really like it.

Buy for today, who knows what tomorrow holds, and if it falls out of favour, buy another!  You can never have too many denim jackets imo :D.

While I wouldn't mind some instant gratification fade wise with the Okinawa I decided to get the Cone. I can see future runs being done up with Okinawa, not so much with the Cone denim?. The detailing of the jacket made me want to pick it over the Okinawa as well for some reason. 

Though I have a feeling I would've been happy either way I decided.

Interesting point on higher contrast jacket fades, and I have to agree I am not a huge fan of that either after thinking about it. I imagine more water contact would mitigate it though. 

I'm looking for a pair of straight or very soft tapered jeans with a higher rise, room for a big bum, and a lighter weight for summer (around 12-13oz).

My options so far are:

TCB 20s

TCB Catboys

Sugar Cane 1947

SDA 40th Heritage 

Warehouse 1001 

I like the cinch back on some of these but it isn't a deal breaker. Only brand I own something of in list list is SDA, they also have the highest price, rather keep it low as they won't be my primaries. Open to other options.