THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

PBJ x Okayama Denim Kakibishu in Relax Tapered - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bqq0OyFh7UI/

OR

SDA x Denimio Kakibishu High Relax Tapered - https://www.denimio.com/dm003kakishibu-denimio-x-sda-collab-kakishibu-model-kakishibu.html

Tried the PBJ Relaxed tapered on in-store and couldn't button them up at my normal size so may go up to 35/36? Haven't tried the SDA as it is a new fit. My perfect fitting pair is a pair of Tanuki RHT size 34 which seem to have similar measurements to both but no hip or seat is given and that tends to be the important one for me.

While I know and like the texture of the G3 denim Studio D'artisan uses, the PBJ denim looks better on the picture. 
Fit wise it's always a risk going for a completely new fit but Denimio has a strong focus on customers from the West so I think they will do it right.

Overall it's hard to give a good advice since it's not much known about the PBJxOD pair...
From the denm alone I would say PBJ but you have to cinsider the fina fit and teh final details IMO

• 2 weeks later...

Which of these two shirts seems more versatile for multiple wears a week? I had to return the first Momotaro shirt I received as it had chin strap & I didn't care for that.

STUDIO D'ARTISAN 14OZ DENIM JACKETED SHIRT or MOMOTARO 13OZ INDIGO DOBBY JACKETED SHIRT.

DSC_1080_9962ed3c-3e5b-4f09-b479-ba9479c6d6c8_2048x.JPG

DSC_0012_3af9dc30-35e1-40cd-911e-e6f63a0ba7f7_2048x.JPG

Edited by i_denim

Thats kind of a funny question, what I mean by that is.. its just a shirt and I think either could easily be worn a few times a week, with different pants, different footwear etc. I think the biggest factor that would play into getting multiple wears a week out of a shirt, is finding a shirt that you really love and dont want to take off

(but i like the bottom one better)

@i_denim careful of the sleeves on the SDA 14oz shirt, I had the XL size and had to sell it because they would get to tight on my arms when I bent my elbow. Make sure you get them to measure the width around the elbow so you can check against your own shirts. 

1 hour ago, MasonAlexander said:

Thats kind of a funny question, what I mean by that is.. its just a shirt and I think either could easily be worn a few times a week, with different pants, different footwear etc. I think the biggest factor that would play into getting multiple wears a week out of a shirt, is finding a shirt that you really love and dont want to take off

(but i like the bottom one better)

With same dark raw denim everyday. No fades, no washes, no other colors.

Edited by i_denim
added content

I was only suggesting that in my opinion mostly any shirt WILL work with a variety of different pant and footwear options, not that you HAVE to have a different pant or footwear option. Meaning, as I mentioned before, it probably just comes down to finding a shirt you love.

You might find a beautiful western denim shirt and wear that every day and be more than happy, but for MY personal taste, that same shirt might be a "once in a while" type of thing. You know what I mean?

I have the SDA, and I really like it. It looks better than the Momo IMHO (buttons, pockets, material). So I'd personally choose the SDA. *HOWEVER*, the SDA is less versatile if you don't want to rock double denim.

8 hours ago, Toegun said:

@i_denim careful of the sleeves on the SDA 14oz shirt, I had the XL size and had to sell it because they would get to tight on my arms when I bent my elbow. Make sure you get them to measure the width around the elbow so you can check against your own shirts. 

Are you sure you;'re not talking about the Suvin Gold shirt? My regular SDA shirt has normal arms, whereas the Suvin Gold model is super tight.

@JDelage no defo the denim work shirt as advertise Okayama but that was an XL the XXL may have worked out better. I did also buy the western cut in the 14oz but that was in a size 46 and it is great for the colder months.

Good to know about the Suvin Gold.

No experience with the 1947, but the blended denim does very well in the warmer months. Personally, I prefer the Hawaii fabric over the Okinawa, but I'm sure many would disagree. The Hawaii seems to be a bit wider of a cut through the thigh—good for breathing.

9 minutes ago, julian-wolf said:

No experience with the 1947, but the blended denim does very well in the warmer months. Personally, I prefer the Hawaii fabric over the Okinawa, but I'm sure many would disagree. The Hawaii seems to be a bit wider of a cut through the thigh—good for breathing.

The blue shade on the Hawaii jean looks great and seems like a nice change of pace from the typical dark denim shade.

I'm leaning towards a blended pair the more I look at pictures.

22 hours ago, SmokeStackLightning said:

The blue shade on the Hawaii jean looks great and seems like a nice change of pace from the typical dark denim shade.

I'm leaning towards a blended pair the more I look at pictures.

I have both the standard hawaii and okinawa jeans and wore them in alternate weeks for around 8 or so months each. The hawaii fabric is more unique in shade and streakiness, but both fabrics are quite different from the usual denim i see here. The fits are quite different too. I undersized a bit (underestimated my beer gut) and the hawaiis feel a lot looser in the top block then seem to taper a small bit down to the hem. The okinawas feel tighter int he waist and the top block (seems tighter than the waist of the 1947 model) but seems to have a straight leg down to the hem. I like the hawaiis better due to the color and unique fabric but the okinawas are fine as well. 

Edited by mousemouse

Re: SC Hawaii, I live in the tropics and my Hawaiis are totally fine. 

Also, agree with @mousemouse about the differences in the cut between Hawaii and Okinawa, exactly as I experienced as well. I also prefer the Hawaiis, when new the colour looks especially brilliant.

Recommendation time: what belts are folks wearing around here?

I've tried a couple of thicker / heavier-duty belts (one veg-tanned and one chromexcel), and in principle I've liked them, but I keep coming back to my decade-old REI belt, which for whatever reason just ends up being the most comfortable. Unfortunately, this belt is starting to seem a little worn out. Have been very satisfied with it, and would buy another, but haven't seen anything similar the last few times I've stopped by the store, and the closest alternatives no longer seem to be MiUSA.

Just took some calipers to it and measured 1" wide by 0.15" thick, which seem like pretty ideal dimensions. Really like the aesthetic of Tender Co.'s belts, in particular, but worried those might be a little heavier than ideal for me. Thoughts?

i've got a tender belt. i picked a hook buckle, one of the simpler buckles bill's got. i didn't use to wear a belt at all until i need one to hold up pants that i can't button up anymore. hehehe. so i wasn't used to having something weighty around my waist. but this doesn't feel heavy to me. it's thick (0.25 inch – measured using tape measure so not accurate) and widish (1.5 inch), but i never really notice it. and the leather is awesome! so is the brass buckle, beautiful. not sure if it's still available, but if it is, as you might know already bill can swap the buckle to whichever choice of leather you want. 

45665997104_3d95600243_c.jpg

46389295811_4c920c213e_c.jpg

45666015004_09a6c05b89_c.jpg

Edited by oomslokop

I’ve also got a Tender belt, the 208 spiral buckle in natural . Need to take some photos of it, it’s gotten quite dark over the last few years. Thinking about picking up another buckle style sometime soon. 

I have two of the Tender belts. I recommend the keeper buckle belt (mine is in bronze - really, a richer alloy of brass - but that version is unavailable). I also have the 208 spiral buckle in natural, and although I like it, the tip of the spiral tends to dig deep grooves in the belt. As a whole, I think the Tender belts are among the most unique belts out there, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. I might get another one....

I also have this SDA belt (in brown): https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/studio-dartisan-b-83-leather-belt   It's great. The buckle is interesting and not too big. The hardware on the back of the buckle is articulated, which is nice. The leather is considerably thinner than the one used on the Tender belts.

@julian-wolf I've got the Tender hook buckle and agree with @oomslokop that it doesn't feel heavy at all. IIRC  it took a while to soften up - in fact like my other belts - but the hook buckle makes it feel less hefty to the extent it wears really well with chinos too and sits quite flat to the waist. The brass and leather both age really well. The design by Bill is pretty special, and possibly unique, as I haven't seen such out there.

I've got a couple of IH belts which I wear a lot so are nicely worn in but have heavier buckles so might not be what you want.

I have a stamped belt by Honest Thomas which is great as he casts and forges his own brass buckles so it's got a nice hand made feel. Again it's on the heavier side but doesn't feel it.

Thanks for all the input. Your comments are tempting me to just go for a Tender belt (especially since that would give me an excuse to grab more of his socks), but I really do think it'll end up being wider and thicker than what I'm most comfortable with.

Any recommendations for some daintier options?