THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Any of you Superfreaks have a favourite bag that you use for travel? I have a McCoys tote bag that Ive been carrying around for daily things for 2 years now, but it is kind of a horrible bag for any real travel.

Looking for a nice (and also to our communities quality standards) duffle bag type bag. Preferably one that can be taken onto a plane as a "carry on" bag

Not a duffle, but I use a filson 24 hour tin cloth briefcase for all my bag needs and carry on duties..solid bag, plenty of pockets and the wide strap means it's comfortable when there's a  bit of weight in it.

Ernest Alexander’s prices have gone up in recent years (they definitely look about $100 more than I remember paying), but I can attest to their quality and good looks. I’ve had their Hudson messenger bag as my work/laptop briefcase for about 6 years now, and it’s still going strong. My weekender bag from them has a couple extra interior/exterior pockets that are useful for small items, and still looks great with no real wear (though it hasn’t seen the same amount of use and abuse as my messenger).

hey guys - hope this is the right place to post if not let me nkow and will move it. i want to get a new pair of denim. from measuring past jeans, i would like to try:

1. Flat Head 3002

2. Full Count 1110

3. 3sixteen SL100XK

4. A Warehouse model (like the simple aesthetic)

When it comes to Flat Head and 3sixteen - easy enough to find measurements (e.g. selfedge). However - really struggling to get measurements for Warehouse and Full Count. I tried on FC at a London based seller, and tried on Warehouse 900 - but from what i can find online the thigh on Warehouse 900 is going to be tight once shrunk to fit.

So quick question is - any sources online to find sizing for Warehouse and Full Count denim? If anyone can help with models that could work, here is what i'm after:

What I'm after (based on old jeans)

- roughly 32.7 - 34 natural waist and weight 165 pounds

- front rise: 11 - 11.3 ish (mid-rise i think)

- thigh: 11.9 - 12.3 ish (don’t like when too tight on thighs)

- back rise: 14.1 - 14.4 ish

above is all rough but i hope that gets me a pair of jeans that are comfortable, but still have a somewhat slim straight or slim tapered look. 

Edited by jsky808080

7 minutes ago, jsky808080 said:

hey guys - hope this is the right place to post if not let me nkow and will move it. i want to get a new pair of denim. from measuring past jeans, i would like to try:

1. Flat Head 3001

2. Full Count 1110

3. 3sixteen SL100XK

4. A Warehouse model (like the simple aesthetic)

When it comes to Flat Head and 3sixteen - easy enough to find measurements (e.g. selfedge). However - really struggling to get measurements for Warehouse and Full Count. I tried on FC at a London based seller, and tried on Warehouse 900 - but from what i can find online the thigh on Warehouse 900 is going to be tight once shrunk to fit.

So quick question is - any sources online to find sizing for Warehouse and Full Count denim? If anyone can help with models that could work, here is what i'm after:

What I'm after (based on old jeans)

- roughly 32.7 - 34 natural waist and weight 165 pounds

- front rise: 11 - 11.3 ish (mid-rise i think)

- thigh: 11.9 - 12.3 ish (don’t like when too tight on thighs)

- back rise: 14.1 - 14.4 ish

above is all rough but i hope that gets me a pair of jeans that are comfortable, but still have a somewhat slim straight or slim tapered look. 

Wish I could be of help but instead, I'm here to cheekily suggest you to check out Samurai's S710 cut as well - the measurements should line up very well with what you are after.

49 minutes ago, Critical Observer said:

Wish I could be of help but instead, I'm here to cheekily suggest you to check out Samurai's S710 cut as well - the measurements should line up very well with what you are after.

hey - i'll add it to my list - if you have link to measurements please send as well!  i want to try out a few cuts and see what works (although finding measurements even more helpful as i dont have much vision to imagine pre-soak fit)

Edited by jsky808080

4 hours ago, jsky808080 said:

hey - i'll add it to my list - if you have link to measurements please send as well!  i want to try out a few cuts and see what works (although finding measurements even more helpful as i dont have much vision to imagine pre-soak fit)

Take a look at Okayamadenim:

https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/samurai-jeans-s710xx19oz-19oz-selvedge-denim-jeans-slim-tapered

Their measurements charts are not bullet-proof but they are the best by far among the Japanese distributors.

Of further interest to you might be that they have exactly one pair, tag size 34, in stock right now. The denim is unsanforized and with shrinking and stretching they should arrive precisely in the middle of the ballpark you descrbied in the earlier post, measurements wise.

Whatever you buy and wherever you buy from, if it's online you should ask them the check and re-check the measurements of the actual pair you are looking to buy.

19 hours ago, Critical Observer said:

Take a look at Okayamadenim:

https://www.okayamadenim.com/products/samurai-jeans-s710xx19oz-19oz-selvedge-denim-jeans-slim-tapered

Their measurements charts are not bullet-proof but they are the best by far among the Japanese distributors.

Of further interest to you might be that they have exactly one pair, tag size 34, in stock right now. The denim is unsanforized and with shrinking and stretching they should arrive precisely in the middle of the ballpark you descrbied in the earlier post, measurements wise.

Whatever you buy and wherever you buy from, if it's online you should ask them the check and re-check the measurements of the actual pair you are looking to buy.

thanks for the info. these samurai look great - but not sure i can handle the time/stress of purchasing online. i've found uk stocklists of warehouse, FC, FH and PBJ - so was thinking to go try some of the models i like in person. thats cool that the samurai's will hit in the middle of the measurements i posted..soudns like they're a great option and just found a london stocklist. how about S001? thigh seems ok on those too

Edited by jsky808080

On 11/6/2018 at 5:07 PM, jsky808080 said:

thanks for the info. these samurai look great - but not sure i can handle the time/stress of purchasing online. i've found uk stocklists of warehouse, FC, FH and PBJ - so was thinking to go try some of the models i like in person. thats cool that the samurai's will hit in the middle of the measurements i posted..soudns like they're a great option and just found a london stocklist. how about S001? thigh seems ok on those too

Just go try them on, its makes worrying about models and comparing each measurement much less stressful or relevant.

If possible it's always best to buy in person to find exactly what you prefer, and which is better (for you) from each brand.

This: MFSC Cowboy Jacket: OKINAWA 301

http://www.misterfreedom.com/cowboy-jacket-okinawa-301.html

Pros: slanted pockets (love slanted pockets...), great mid-weight denim, innovative type III variation, made in US (?)

or

That: MFSC Utility Jacket

http://www.misterfreedom.com/utility-jacket.html

Pros: classical good design (I'm 47...), large useful pockets, cheaper, inner pocket, made in Jp (?)

@eeejayaich - Thank you. I saw that this morning. Nice deal for someone; they will have to be smaller than me though...  :-) 

I placed an order for the cowboy jacket. I've decided to just accept that, as midlife crises go, this will be cheaper than a sports car...

19 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Any reason to go for those over the double-black Sugar Cane Type III jeans? Need the extra thigh room? (If you need the extra thigh room, why not go for the Momotaro 0605-B or some Left Field Black Marias?)

Mainly fiscal considerations but I realize stocking up on things "cos they were cheap" is a surefire way to fill your cabinets with crapola.

Left Fields are sadly not readily available on this side of the big water, unlike, say, Rogue Territory.

The abovementioned price for the E7 was at Cultizm as they had -20% on all the pants yesterday, so the offer is gone now and I don't regret not baiting.

• 2 weeks later...