THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

There is no scientific data to proof my preference, sorry.

They simply appeal more to me. They are all Japanese made on a similar level. It just boils down to what fit you like and what details you want. Then you have to check if there are available jeans matching your requirements. Just like the others said, you have to find your own "perfect" pair. We can only tell you what we like...you have to find out for yourself what you like. 

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I like how Gangsterville of Glad Hand does a lot of cocktail lounge/pool hall clothing and I'm debating on two shirts.  They both have that sleazy martini or pool stick holding appeal that I'm looking for.  Both are made in Japan.  Which one is the better answer?

gangsterville_3.jpg

gsv-18-ss-17-1.jpg

Edited by mlwdp

7 hours ago, mlwdp said:

I like how Gangsterville of Glad Hand does a lot of cocktail lounge/pool hall clothing and I'm debating on two shirts.  They both have that sleazy martini or pool stick holding appeal that I'm looking for.  Both are made in Japan.  Which one is the better answer?

Gangsterville. GH looks more like pyjamas

58 minutes ago, Evry1lovej said:

Now I need help. Debating between the PBJ 011, 013, Samurai 710 16 oz, 511, or some oni cut

I can only comment about PBJ as that is one of the options you're looking at. I don't have 011 but I have 019. I love the fabric. I never imagined something like this existed. very unique fabric, very understated brand, unbranded/generic hardware. If that's your thing. No idea about Samurai or what they offer. Oni denim seems to be special in the sense that a 20oz pair also feels light weight (from what I have read on Sufu).

But like @Geeman said, it's all down to measurements. You need to know what kind of front rise, back rise, loose or tight thigh, straight or tapered silhouette that you want.

Edited by i_denim
spelling

7 hours ago, i_denim said:

I can only comment about PBJ as that is one of the options you're looking at. I don't have 011 but I have 019. I love the fabric. I never imagined something like this existed. very unique fabric, very understated brand, unbranded/generic hardware. If that's your thing. No idea about Samurai or what they offer. Oni denim seems to be special in the sense that a 20oz pair also feels light weight (from what I have read on Sufu).

But like @Geeman said, it's all down to measurements. You need to know what kind of front rise, back rise, loose or tight thigh, straight or tapered silhouette that you want.

Thanks for the opinion. I'm on the shorter leg side and long torso. The cuts that I mention is all good for me just now it's more about the fade, brand, quality and etc

^Maybe ask your mom?

Sorry, but if you don’t know yourself, how could we? The same goes with choosing the denim for you, we can only give you the characteristics of different denims (which has pretty much been done already) but you have to decide for yourself.

Out of curiosity, how does one get a reputation like that?

There's a fabulous search field which you can use. Or/and try out Heddels search tool. Never used it before but if you're looking for, say 13 oz as a max, you get a list of 216 pairs of jeans. Narrow down your preferences, use Instagram, sufu's search function and Google if you want to know how they fade or opinions. You'll get plenty of comments and pictures that's already been taken, way faster than waiting for new responses.

I'm not saying it to be a douche but there's so much damn awsome knowledge burried down in these old threads, it almost makes me sick repeating what way more knowledgeable folks have said so many times before which is just one click away.

Edit: Haha, just saw pretty much the same answer to another question by Mileshighevertonian. Viva la search function!

Edited by Bobbo

Just kind of thinking out loud here, as we all know I don't need any new jeans.
But...
Ooe Yofukuten OA01 or Freewheelers 601xx 1943?
I have a good track record with Ooe jeans, and I want to try out the new OA denim.
Freewheelers have just released a new 1943 model to their 601xx lineup and I like the details (no coint-pocket rivets, herringbone pocket bags, etc.) and the fit looks nice.

4 hours ago, Broark said:

Just kind of thinking out loud here, as we all know I don't need any new jeans.
But...
Ooe Yofukuten OA01 or Freewheelers 601xx 1943?
I have a good track record with Ooe jeans, and I want to try out the new OA denim.
Freewheelers have just released a new 1943 model to their 601xx lineup and I like the details (no coint-pocket rivets, herringbone pocket bags, etc.) and the fit looks nice.

perhaps..... both? hahaha

Where did you see the new Freewheelers? Id like to check those out

Anybody has experience with a store called www.atthefrontshop.com? I am trying to buy suspenders and they seem to carry WW1/WW2 and other combat stuff.

http://www.atthefrontshop.com/product_p/usumts.htm

These seem more appropriate https://www.atthefrontshop.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GUAWSS&CartID=3

Kind of difficult to find Y- back suspenders from WW1/WW2 that use buttons. Most of the stuff out there has clips/hooks.

Edited by i_denim
added links

1 hour ago, MasonAlexander said:

perhaps..... both? hahaha

Where did you see the new Freewheelers? Id like to check those out

Quite the enabler! Haha.
The 1943 model is just starting to roll out in Japan, so the usual suspects are starting to get them.
Here's the Old Goat Rakuten page, probably the best photos out so far of them: https://item.rakuten.co.jp/old-goat/freewheelers_1822017/