THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Studio D'Artisan M-65 Jacket 4377 in navy blue or Buzz Rickson's olive colored M-65?   Confounding factor, the SDA is a bit cheaper. 

Or, what other M-65's do you guys like?  Iron Heart just came out with a heavier wool one but it's a bit over my current budget. 

17 minutes ago, Maynard Friedman said:

I have the black cotton Iron Heart M65 (second version), it's no longer available but I highly recommend it if you can find one. It's warm and waterproof and fairly slim fitting.

Probably impossible to find, but it does sound great.  I might go with the Buzz since I don't have an olive-colored jacket. 

I got 500CAD for Christmas what do i buy? What I own and wear I was thinking about maybe a new belt, or suspenders for my 20's. I can always use more hoodies, or sneakers. Trying to go for a more modern look using vintage style peices.

7 hours ago, FreeCharlesManson said:

I got 500CAD for Christmas what do i buy? What I own and wear I was thinking about maybe a new belt, or suspenders for my 20's. I can always use more hoodies, or sneakers. Trying to go for a more modern look using vintage style peices.

As a fellow Canadian, I know that it kind of sucks buying things that are priced in the almighty US dollar with our tiny Canadian dollars, and I also dont know if you feel this works with your style (but I just saw it after I saw your post and thought you would do good with it) but Standard & Strange is having 30% off on a selection of stuff for the next few days and this sweater would be something I would love to buy if I had the money right now..

IMG_2051.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

@MasonAlexanderI know you're a fan of Gangsterville so I'm really debating buying this (haven't worn black denim for almost 4 years now and need a change).  It was either this or Trophy 1607 narrow from Denimio as both Gangsterville and Trophy have the same measurements but Gangsterville is raw while Trophy's is washed.  I've also been comparing this model to Samurai's S5000BK model

IMG_2194.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

IMG_2196.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2199.JPG

IMG_2200.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

Edited by mlwdp

3 hours ago, mlwdp said:

@MasonAlexanderI know you're a fan of Gangsterville so I'm really debating buying this (haven't worn black denim for almost 4 years now and need a change).  It was either this or Trophy 1607 narrow from Denimio as both Gangsterville and Trophy have the same measurements but Gangsterville is raw while Trophy's is washed.  I've also been comparing this model to Samurai's S5000BK model

Tough choice. Very tough. I do really love Gladhand/Gangsterville .. BUT I actually really love Trophy aswell. I have no experience with any denim from either of the 3 brands, but personally I would probably buy the Trophy piece just because I would like to have a Trophy piece

18 hours ago, MasonAlexander said:

Tough choice. Very tough. I do really love Gladhand/Gangsterville .. BUT I actually really love Trophy aswell. I have no experience with any denim from either of the 3 brands, but personally I would probably buy the Trophy piece just because I would like to have a Trophy piece

Yeah Trophy would work due to it being one washed versus dealing with Gangsterville's ridgid with shrinking.  Honestly, I would like black denim one washed from Trophy so in order to do that I would have to go through Trophy's site instead of Denimio it Trophy has a black pair.  Samurai is raw also.

edit:  here's Trophy Blackie denim 

http://trophy.shop-pro.jp/?pid=61080129

Edited by mlwdp

On 12/26/2017 at 12:41 PM, FreeCharlesManson said:

you have enough gear.  wear the shit ouf of everything you own.  save the dosh for travel.  why not go to japan or fucking ireland?  just saying....

Edited by heavydoom
no reason at all

• 2 weeks later...

Hep me pick between Fullcount 1101, Warehouse 800, Orslow 105 or Momotato G004-MB.

This will be my first pair of raw or selvedge. All the above pairs are high rise and tapered leg and hence meet my requirement. Prices are more or less the same. At this point, fit is more important than fabric. Just need to start somewhere in this raw journey.

Edited by i_denim

If fit is more important to you than fabric, it will be hard for anyone to help you decide on a pair. There's no possible way for anyone here to know which of those jeans will fit you the best, given that we haven't seen you wearing any of them.

Ill try one.  Im going to try a slimmer pair for a change as im skinny but need a high rise. Figured id try some indigo x indigo or I x B. 

Is 3 sixteen shadow still the gold standard? If so i can try the CT cut. 

Other options would be

railcar spikes

freenote rios

LF NYC- if they have one

by way of background, i do own in regular denim a pair of LF greasers..but they are too large (should have gone Chelsea); freenote portola...

thanks for any thoughts

^^^ depends.

For myself to wear personally? Hard “nay”, but at this point Ive seen some people look so good in some pieces that I thought looked absolutely rediculous before I saw somebody wearing them, so I honestly cant even tell anymore.

Im sure that somebody out there has this jacket on right now, walking through the streets of Tokyo, looking like a total boss

So I've been considering getting myself an actual nice pair of boondockers... 

I love the look of the John Lofgren M-43.

PoVYmvrm.jpg

They're perfect, only thing is they have the sort of "slim" look to them that make me very certain my wide platypus feet would hang far far over the edge of the shoe. Even when I wear "chunky" shoes, like my Redwing 875, a crease develops along the inside curve of the foot where the leather is pulled outwards to give way. Sorry to drop these unsolicited nightmare fuel pics here but you can see what I mean when I say I spill over the edges of my shoes. In the middle picture you can see the leather has been pulled far out to the side.

xz1wB4am.jpgIolTissm.jpg5FBMhSLm.jpg

I thought maybe Viberg Boondockers (2045 last) or the Real Mccoy N-1 field shoes (if I can even find where to buy a pair) would be chunky enough to fit my wide feet but then I think to myself, for that much $$$ don't you want to pick the boots that look the best? The big deal for me isn't comfort or having to size up. Its having the whole shoe look deflated or as if someone had flattened it like a pancake. Believe me, I could wear virtually any size and the sole would never be wide enough for my feet not to "spill" over.

Don't really know what I'm asking here. I guess its basically, should I get the Viberg Boondocker 2045/RMC N-1 because they look chunky enough for my feet or the John Lofgren ones because they look the best? Alternatively, I guess this directed at anyone with wide feet to share their experiences/opinions with these or any other boot brands.

@LQW tough call between the boondockers you've narrowed in on. I have the Viberg 2045 boondockers and I really like them, as I also have the same issue as you having wide feet. I find the 2045 to be the most comfortable last for my feet, and I've had very little spillage over the sides making the leather look odd. I'll try and take some photos to show you how the toe on my pair has collapsed, but I know it hasn't collapsed as much as the Lofgrens will. I remember reading somewhere (maybe DB, I think someone did this on their RMC boondockers) that you can flatten the toe box out with some water and it'll help accelerate the process. All that being said I think you can't go wrong with any of the boots you have listed, all great options. If I ever get another pair of boondockers I might go with the Lofgrens to try something different.