THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

12 hours ago, edmond said:

And also who makes the best chambray button down work style shirt between all the japanese brands?

I have an IH, a (red!) FH, and an SDA, and my fav is the IH. It fits me better than the FH, which has a huge neck opening, and has fewer wacky design element than the SDA. The one I'd most would like to find is the green Freewheelers, but it's unobtainium right now, being several years old.

Nothing denim related, but I hope to find some Input from you guys. I already got my (navy) wedding suit, will pair it with my oxblood trickers and navy/oxblood suspenders. I have a formal bowtie in red, but need another one for the second Party which can be a bit less formal. I'd apreciate a nod towards my denim or flannel Obsession, so I was looking at a few hill-side bowties. Which one would you think worked best?

The suit (ignore the model please).

12.160.487-1a.jpg

The_Hill-Side_Bow_Tie_Selvedge_Chambray_

The-Hill-Side-Bow-Tie-TH-S-Mills-Navy-Wa

The-Hill-Side-Bow-Tie-Indigo-Red-Flannel

The_Hill-Side_Bow_Tie_Indigo_Red_Flannel

The_Hill-Side_TH_S_Mills_Natural_Warp_Bo

On 18 May 2017 at 9:19 AM, Max Power said:

Nothing denim related, but I hope to find some Input from you guys. I already got my (navy) wedding suit, will pair it with my oxblood trickers and navy/oxblood suspenders. I have a formal bowtie in red, but need another one for the second Party which can be a bit less formal. I'd apreciate a nod towards my denim or flannel Obsession, so I was looking at a few hill-side bowties. Which one would you think worked best?

The suit (ignore the model please).

12.160.487-1a.jpg

The_Hill-Side_Bow_Tie_Selvedge_Chambray_

The-Hill-Side-Bow-Tie-TH-S-Mills-Navy-Wa

The-Hill-Side-Bow-Tie-Indigo-Red-Flannel

The_Hill-Side_Bow_Tie_Indigo_Red_Flannel

The_Hill-Side_TH_S_Mills_Natural_Warp_Bo

Not really helping with choice but...

On the subject of bowties, this essay is essential reading... (text crop pasted in, hopefully text uploaded too)

their origin is as a good luck charm against decapitation by the kings servants / soldier, to become later the aggressive connotation of the maestro...

024.png

tale_of_three_louis.pdf

On 18 May 2017 at 9:44 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

I like the second one (purple) Max. Make sure you wear a hat like the model's one too! :D

in terms of hat wearing (and the context of the general costume)

there are multiple options

think of the possibilities of a party suit to romp in

013.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

017.jpg

On 19 May 2017 at 4:32 PM, mrman said:

I wouldn't wear a bowtie with a suit but the colors of the third one would probably complement a navy suit better than the rest.

and personally I would agree

why wear a bowtie as a nod towards denim

when there are such precedents of the total denim suit to redefine the canadian tuxedo

(I believe blue silk is the tie)

ensembles by prada or by oshkosh items c.20s and 30s

I am sure you can guess which is which

021.jpg

023.jpg

haha ^ excellent musings @bartlebyyphonics

my personaly choice with a navy blue suit - if you wish to not keep it too formal - would be a red and blue silk tricot tie. it'll give to the whole outfit a hint of the "English teacher who possibly smokes pot" look that we all love. Although if you really like a bow tie no. 3 it'll suit the suit better than the others, I concur with @mrman

• 3 weeks later...

I have a strong urge to get these Rogue Territory Dark Stanton as a gift for a male friend because I like these fade pictures.  but I don't think my friend would want the butt to fit that loose ... is that just this particular model? hmmm

https://www.rogueterritory.com/2014/01/25/dark-stanton-fades-9-months-0-washes/

Edited by machine-language

On 4/23/2017 at 3:14 AM, craneman said:

A late answer but-I'd go IH N-1.  Wet wool will keep you warm in the rain. Wet down-agh. And water resistant is just that, if it rains enough you're gonna get wet. I own down coats & the N-1. Cold & dry down is great- cold and wet wool is better. N-1 should be plenty warn unless you live in Norway.

my response is late too but i'd second the IH N1 because of the alpaca lining. I'm planning on springing for the N1 deck vest sometime soon....it's a beaut.

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2014 at 2:33 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

0,5" shrinkage from the raw measurement is a good guideline

I have soaked it for the first time but still found the leg opening is too big, but the waist and thigh is good fitted. Can I just shrink the leg opening?

On 28-7-2017 at 6:29 PM, Maxiyov said:

Hi all, I'm looking for my first Japanese jeans, which brand should I buy? I usually wear Nudie.

Thanks.

Depends on what you're looking for in terms of fit and your personal preferences 

• 2 weeks later...