THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have suggestions for a good chore coat?

I quite like this blanket lined Joe McCoy one, but it's pretty pricy.

superdenimthermc1114161111.jpg

Ooe Yofukuten did one awhile back, but on their website they don't seem to be up for purchase anymore.

Also looking at some of the Stevenson ones, as they look pretty unique.

Thanks in advance!

Warehouse released some new denim coveralls recently, and some are blanket-lined. They're not exactly chore coats but maybe it's worth a look.

http://www.ware-house.co.jp/?mode=cate&cbid=1641906&csid=2

I guess I should've been more clear, this is totally the style of jacket I was looking into (chore coat, coverall, shop jacket) but I was unsure what the correct terminology is.

I love the Warehouse one, I saw it on their blog a few days ago but damnit Warehouse can't be bothered to make a 44 or 46 in their outerwear. I understand their core demographic isn't big dudes like me but it would be nice if they made some bigger sizes than 42.

That's a real shame. I find that I size down for most of Warehouse's jackets and shirts, including their Duckdigger and Heller's Cafe items. I have three of their denim jackets in a size 38, while I'm usually a 40 or even 42 for other brands. Have you checked the measurements yet?

The measurements are on the bigger side (23.5 in. chest), but I think I would most likely need something a little bigger than the 42.

It's one of those things I wish I could try on in person too, since I've never really tried on a chore coat before. Plus I would imagine you would want it on the bigger side so you can layer underneath it.

Looking to buy a pair of jeans for the up coming year, but can't decided between Iron Heart 634S-19L, or Flathead 3009.

My current pairs in rotation are Momo 0701 (tag 33) and SDA 103 (tag 33).  I rock some Paul Rose Heritage for work (tag 32).  Semi retired are a pair of Warehouse 660's (tag 32), LVC 55's (tag 32) and PBJ XX-009 (tag 33).

Any suggestions on a) which pair and B) which tag size per pair.  I was thinking the 19oz IH would be a bit different, and they can be had pretty cheap while they last. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm getting ready to get my 4th pair of jeans as my strike golds are getting near the end of their rope. Would like some opinions/advice! So far the jeans I have got are:

SExI14 -> Iron Heart 301s -> Strike Gold 5109 

As you can see, I stay with the slim/tapered cuts. I got the SExI14's in sz 34, they fit pretty perfect, but are on the slimmer side through the legs for my taste, top block is almost perfect. I then got the Iron Heart 301s in sz 34. The iron heats must have run big or I messed up sizing because the size 34 is too big for me now, so they stay up in my closet.

Most recently I got a pair of 5109.I got them in a size 33 and they fit fantastic. A touch big in the waist - but nothing a belt cant fix. And through the legs the fit it perfect. 

So I am looking for help deciding my next pair. I am currently between:

1. Strike Gold 1109/2109/5109
2. Strike Gold 009LTD
3. SExSG24-09
4. 3Sixteen ST-140x/ST-100xk

5. SExI08

6. Iron Heart 301s-14 (the 21oz is too much for me)

So based off of the strike gold 5109 size 33/SExI14 size 34 in fit and size -what are some jeans you would recommend? Do you have any experience with the jeans listed above? If so I'd love to hear (especially if you have owned multiple ones including 5109 so you can compare). I am a big fan of slubby, interesting denim. Do you have any other jeans you think I may like and would fit the bill?

Thanks a bunch guys I appreciate at. 

Edited by kr00kd

Viberg Hiking boot or Danner Cascade Clovis? Viberg seems overpriced but some of the specs on the Viberg looks interesting. Just need something that can go up some rocky terrain, keep my feet dry and not aching. Also interested in any other hiking boot brand. Not going into any icy mountains but, again, will definitely need something a bit rugged.

On January 18, 2017 at 2:09 PM, ALB said:

Viberg Hiking boot or Danner Cascade Clovis? Viberg seems overpriced but some of the specs on the Viberg looks interesting. Just need something that can go up some rocky terrain, keep my feet dry and not aching. Also interested in any other hiking boot brand. Not going into any icy mountains but, again, will definitely need something a bit rugged.

The Danners have goretex, which is a valuable asset when hiking.  Myself, I have a pair of Danners as well, mostly worn during shitty weather.  Go to with the Danners for real hiking.

On 10/23/2016 at 10:25 PM, goldsluggs said:

was thinking to get Japan Blue JB0626 godzilla. anyone ever had or have these? im kinda torn about the fact that it has pretty loose thighs and slim legs

i bought them recently they are possibly the coolest looking pair of pants ever yet the worst fitting.  they fit kinda like drop crotch sweatpants super lose above the knes then so tight below. i had a very hard time putting my foot threw the hole. i am actually going to turn them into shorts.  hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All - looking for a cold weather coat. What do you think?

1) Filson Down Cruiser - made in Seattle (where I am), plenty of pockets, water resistant, best color (olive)

https://www.filson.com/men/coats-jackets/down-cruiser-10652.html

10652-main-341_1_6.jpg

2) IH N-1 Jacket - more stylish (but maybe less warm?), trimer fit & looks, legendary construction quality

https://www.ironheart.co.uk/jackets/ihm-14.html

ihm-14.jpg

What do you guys think? Any other option I should look into?

Not a fan of the N-3B. The B-3 is awesome. Leather is an option. It would be a project on itself to find where to get it from, but not saying no. The Simmons Bilt B-6 or ANJ-4 are sure nice...

Edited by JDelage