THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Anyone have any recommendations for a nice black zip up hoody that is decently long(27" or greater)? I was looking at the 3sixteen one but it seems to be oos everywhere in my size.

I don't own this hoodie myself, however every product I've bought from Wings + Horns has been amazing. I suggest you give this a shot

https://www.blueowl.us/product/wings-horns-1x1-slub-zip-front-hoodie-in-black/

I'd say they're equally as versatile but a lot of it will depend on your wardrobe or how you plan to wear them. Viberg boots in general are good looking boots so if you Had to dress them up for an occasion either or will look appropriate. At the end of the day you'll end up owning both haha

I've always wanted a leather jacket, and it's something that will last me many many years.

Should I make this my first?

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/outerwear/products/wyatt-motorcycle-jacket-dark-brown-horween-horsehide

Edited by An Oxymoron

For a motorcycle jacket it may be worth checking out Lewis Leathers. Great construction & leather, cool lining and tonnes of history.

Their new jeans are also worth a look of you're in the market for some.

Thanks guys, I'll check out those two. I decided to pass on that Horween jacket because it's a little too spendy for me right now.

What do you all think about these boots? Going to be living in Hokkaido, aka lots of snow so I'll need some good winter boots.

http://shop.tateandyoko.com/collections/footwear/products/viberg-1950-service-boot-brown-cowhide-with-4014-christy-sole

For a motorcycle jacket it may be worth checking out Lewis Leathers. Great construction & leather, cool lining and tonnes of history.

Their new jeans are also worth a look of you're in the market for some.

That's great if you are in the UK but as he is in the US might be hard to come by .

Iv got the Schott harween and it is great , I think iv posted a picture of it in this thread once before .

That's true Splash, hadn't considered that. Postage from the UK would probably be steep too.

What I would say Oxy is that Derek and his staff are super helpful and knowledgable, and would sort you out with measurements and any other info. But if you don't like the idea of buying without trying on then as the chaps have said above, can't go wrong with Schott. If you sized wrong & had to post a LL back to the UK it would be a massive ball-ache.

Japan Blue JB0212??? I've never owned JB's before, and I don't really know much about it...I'm assuming it's basically just momo? The 0212s are also with their 'monster denim', which really appeals to me...I don't know, the price just seems too good to be true.

• 2 weeks later...

Japan Blue JB0212??? I've never owned JB's before, and I don't really know much about it...I'm assuming it's basically just momo? The 0212s are also with their 'monster denim', which really appeals to me...I don't know, the price just seems too good to be true.

had a pair of 212 before I did too many squats, they really are all that and a bag of chips. Price was good and fabric is great if you like your denim to be uneven. The one thing to worry about, as I mentioned, is your thigh circumference. If you're looking at a size 30 I can measure mine for you. All in all the denim is wonderful and the fit is great (with caveat that I mentioned). 

edit: you could also go for the 412, or whatever the tapered version of the 212 is called if thighs are an issue. Unfortunately they're not unsanforized like the 0212 but I'm sure the denim is just as interesting. 0212 didn't shrink or change very much with a soak anyway.

Edited by lysosome

I've always wanted a leather jacket, and it's something that will last me many many years.

Should I make this my first?

http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/outerwear/products/wyatt-motorcycle-jacket-dark-brown-horween-horsehide

I'd also be looking at Himel Brothers and Lewis Leathers.

You could also look at Buco (Real McCoys) and Freewheelers.

As for the post above, I'm also After a leather (perfecto) jacket & it boils down to schott 626, blk dnm 5, vanson x SF.

schott use cowhide but the belt isn't removable which is a big thumbs down for me;

blk dnm use lamb,

as for vanson x sf, they use calf afaik, and have seen some impressive fit.

problem is I have never handle cowhide nor calf leather jacket but from what I've heard they are heavy. 

ideally i could wear the jacket all year around without need to worry whether it's too thick or thin.

advise would be great.

i am looking for a solid black cotton shirt, not too flimsy and not too heavy as I want to tuck it in - any recommendations?

i have a hard time finding a decent one, if one at all.... maybe i got a blind spot

Budget? RMC do a nice Nearly black one.

doesn't matter.

i know about the black over dyed (?) khaki shirt, and the black western shirt - which is awesome. but i would hate to buy it at BiG with today's high dollar, customs blahblah..

i always have a feeling i miss a brand or product >_<

• 2 weeks later...

Well this isn't denim, but I want some opinions from my denim brudders

Which coat is more practical/sexy/versatile for fall/winter? I live in one of, if not the snowiest metropolitan city in the world.

I normally wear shirt/tie/sportcoat for work every day, but I'd also like to rock it casually with denim on my days off.

ToJ Duffle

u1LOrlE.jpg

Nigel Cabourn Storm Parka

VqpfhUP.jpg