THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I can't decide between fullcount 1108 13.75 oz or the 15.5 oz. Is there much difference in the denim other than the weight?

garbanzo, I have the 1108 in 15.5 and the 1101 and 0105 in 13.75.  My preference is for the heavier denim -- the 15.5 has more texture and feels more substantial (of course) but isn't overly heavy.  The 13.75 is quite soft but on the light side imo.  Not sure if there are other differences.

No experience with TFH model but if the texture you are after is rough, slubby and irregular I would not advise the s5000vx. Whilst it is pretty special denim it is quite smooth and even. Although maybe a bit hairy....

UszLtTf.png

The other point is, TFH 2111 are slim tapered and the s5000vx are very much a comfortable straight leg so two very different cuts. Which cut is your preference?

The other point is, TFH 2111 are slim tapered and the s5000vx are very much a comfortable straight leg so two very different cuts. Which cut is your preference?

I'm not sure. The JBO410s that I am in right now are quite tapered, and I know I want to go for a wider cut, but I'm not sure how wide I want to go.

I'm looking for a recommendation for some new denim. 

Currently I own Momotaro 0702, 0702 and BOM006-T. I love them all, but the BOM006-T is my favorite fit - slightly tapered denim and I love the dark blue weft/warp. 

I owned a pair of strike golds which I liked, but they didn't fit my body very well (larger thighs and smaller waist). 

I'm looking for a medium weight denim - I live in Texas, so the heavy weight denims are pretty uncomfortable 85% of the year. 

Poking around online, the Samuari S003JP peaks my interest. Also interested in perhaps a PBJ, Iron Heart, Flat Head, etc. What would you suggest for something unique and high quality and under $400 USD?

I've been shopping for some slim, tapered black jeans and keep coming back to either the 3sixteen ST-220x or Left Field Black Maria Chelsea. About the same price and denim weight (although apparently different mills). Measurements seem pretty close too (I like that they both have a rise that's a bit higher than many other slim, black jeans). I'm also considering something from Japanese brands but so far haven't really found any in black with a similar cut.

You wear high rise and full cuts right?  You might want to try something more along the lines of the regular cut A2... Not sure how the extra length will look.  

If you pop by self edge and try them on we could give you better opinions though!

I've been flaking between flat head's equivalent of a buco and the real mccoys buco, but I'm going to go with the rmc.  As always, flat heads shoulders are huge!

i walked in ready to cop but some voice in the back of my head made me do a double take.  Plus, I dont think they actually had my size despite the web site stating otherwise.  Copped this instead.  not as sexy but a bit more sensible and ive wanted something like it for a while

Edited by garden gnomes in space

l got this a couple of years ago , its a Schott horsehide confederate motorbike branded cafe racer jacket .

lm glad its part of my collection .IoGrIa.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Im starting my search for a dwc pair. I want something different, so I'm thinking sc oki's (I was looking forward to the sexsc collab but looks like a no go at this point) or maybe Stevenson's for the unique details. Any other interesting variations on the 5 pocket jean you guys can think of? I have too many pairs that, although are very different, are much too similar.

Get some Ande Whalls if you like the Stevensons - they share some similarities, plus you have the choice of 4 cuts. They're my favourite jeans and I have Warehouse, Full Count, SDA, Momotaro, Sugar Cane and LVC. I'd particularly recommend that you get one of the last remaining pairs of his SR11.

Im starting my search for a dwc pair. I want something different, so I'm thinking sc oki's (I was looking forward to the sexsc collab but looks like a no go at this point) or maybe Stevenson's for the unique details. Any other interesting variations on the 5 pocket jean you guys can think of? I have too many pairs that, although are very different, are much too similar.

I prefer the hawaii over oki's :D

What does dwc mean?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gents, I'm hesitating between 2 sizes for my first Barbour jacket. It's a classic bedale in olive skyoil. I definitely wants the classic Barbour for the tartan lining in the sleeves and not the polyester one. I'm afraid after all the sweating comments I read.

I am normally between 44FR and 46FR in vest, and these bedale are 32 and 34, so 1-2 size down. I'm a small guy 1 meter 70 and 59 kilogram and I'm wearing a light wool sweater underneath.

The small one is more flattering and shorter wich is better in my opinion, but the shoulders near the armpits are a bit tight, making the top shoulders bulking like they trapped some air. This is visible by profile. the sleeves will be a little bit short. I am not confortable layering a wool sweater and a jeans jacket underneath

The bigger one is longer, more boxy but more confortable. I can layer whatever I want underneath, but the jacket is less flattering, and I have the feeling it make me look like I'm wearing a jacket too big.

I'm new to waxed cotton and don't know how the fits gonna change over time, I'm gonna wear the jacket under all weather, especially spring/fall, I'm living in Switzerland.

Could you help me decide ?

The smaller one is first in the album

http://imgur.com/a/Iva9i#0