THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I’m with you Max. The amount of Kickstarter brands popping up over the course of the last year or so just bores me. Very few of them stand out from what is already available from various other brands.

If you want that “special feeling†back, maybe you should start searching for lesser known brands or browse through Yahoo Auction and bid/order with a proxy on old models.

Maybe that’s the reason why I rather pick up old/deadstock/small brands lately instead of simply order what everyone can get. Ordering jeans from Japan nowadays can be like ordering from Amazon.

Loving my Samurai 710's, exactly the fit I've been looking for.

Going to sell my railcars as the rise on them is now too small and was wanting to buy something with the same cut as the 710's but in a lighter weight for the summer (14oz/15oz), any recommendations ?

Thanks

Looking to buy my first pair of raw denim. I think i've got it narrowed down to the samurai s5000vx 17oz. or the samurai 710's. Leaning slightly toward the 5000's but I'm a little concerned the leg opening will be too big. How much shrinkage will there be in the leg opening? Don't like my jeans tight either though. Any input is appreciated.

Still trying to pick another pair for the collection.

I was really close to pulling the trigger on the Full Count 1101, just wasn't sure on sizing.

I'd love a pair of PBJ XX-009 but it seems like they're sold out just about everywhere, I just like the deep indigo fabric.

The Strike Gold 5105 is really tempting, I know the XX05 cut works for me since I already have the 2105.

I thought the Sugar Cane 2013 looked interesting, lightweight denim would be kinda nice for the summer in Texas.

I've also always had a thing for the Flat Head K0011 at Rivet & Hide, the indigo arcs intrigue me.

So anyways, there's a little rundown, I'm always open to suggestions.

Still high up there on my list, I would grab a pair from Okayama Denim (since they have a size 35 raw listed as available) but there have been some weird things going on in their thread it seems like.

I'm looking for a pair of jeans that fit like the 3sixteen ST-120x. Tapered but relaxed as well, I don't have much of a preference whether it's slubby or not and am looking for 15-20oz. What would you guys recommend? I'm currently looking at the sg 3109, 710xx, and the xx-005.. but these fits dont quite match up. thanks guys.

I'm looking for a pair of jeans that fit like the 3sixteen ST-120x. Tapered but relaxed as well, I don't have much of a preference whether it's slubby or not and am looking for 15-20oz. What would you guys recommend? I'm currently looking at the sg 3109, 710xx, and the xx-005.. but these fits dont quite match up. thanks guys.

play, you know that 3sixteen released a 17oz denim this past year, right? http://www.3sixteen.com/collections/denim/products/st-130x-slim-tapered-heavyweight-indigo

given the models you've been considering I suppose you're looking japanese, but if a fit like the st-120x is key, you probably can't do better than the exact same cut with the new denim. good luck

Looking for 2 pairs. One heavy and one summer weight

Samurai 710xx or

Iron Heart UHR-666

Strike Gold 1105 or any other suggestions with a similar cut. 14oz to 17oz

I tried on the SG and chose the RJB's instead for the light pair.  The  dirt denim by Trophy is awesome.  I had the pleasure of wearing them for the world tour last month and I would rank them very high.  

I would go 666 for heavy.  I have the 19 oz LHT 666 and it's my favorite cut denim so far.  I don't think you could go wrong with any of those choices.

Edited by summ3rhays

Hey guys, I'm buying a new pair of denim and I'm hesitating between two pairs of denim.

The first one I wanted to get was the K0011 from the flat head but the thighs will be too wide for my skinny legs :( witch is unfortunate as I was really thrilled by the 12oz denim.

Now I'm torn between the 0701 in 15.7 oz and the PBJ X-011 left hand twill in 13.5 oz.

Does anybody have any further info on those bad boys ?!

Help highly appreciated :) thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone say smth about BLK DNM jeans quality? Above all i mean skinny ludlow black denim.

Pretty damn good for the price in my experience. Those ones exactly, anyways.

Also, if anyone has both Rick Owens and Helmut Lang jeans and could give me a rundown, that'd be appreciated.

SEXI23 or Oni 512XX?  The denim is nearly identical (for all I know it could be the same fabric, but I doubt it) but the Oni has a much lower front rise which I don't appreciate and an inseam short enough that I'm worried about getting enough stackage.  However, the Oni's are 45 bucks cheaper and I prefer the detailing on them (multi-color stitching, laurel leaf buttons, etc).  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks for the help Hog, the 512s are perfect except for the rise, the two fits are very similar.

• 2 weeks later...

Fit first as Hog said.  No matter what other wonderful details a pair of jeans has.  And for the price, you don't want to save money on a pair that you may not like the fit later on.