THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

I'm looking for some lighter weight jeans to wear during the upcoming spring/summer months. All my jeans now are like 17oz or higher which have been insufferable to wear during a heat wave.  Does anyone have a recommendation for something closer to 13oz but still quality?

^^ I think you need to work out what type of cut you're going for. I believe that the Skulls (and possibly the Samurai) will be far looser than the RJB.

Yeah, I needed something way looser in the top block so I'm not replacing the crotch after 6 months like my nudies and pbj's. I based my sizing off my current N&F weird guy chinos, which are great for what they are and fit real nice for me.

I went with the Samuri S5000 21oz, I've always want to try super heavy denim so I hope I got some winners ðŸ‘

Edited by djatone

I'm looking for some lighter weight jeans to wear during the upcoming spring/summer months. All my jeans now are like 17oz or higher which have been insufferable to wear during a heat wave.  Does anyone have a recommendation for something closer to 13oz but still quality?

Fullcount is your brand.

Pure Blue Japan XX013 or XX-017 (Cobalt Weft)

Which provide the better fit and nicer fading property? Both, I believe are slubby but different tight tapered cuts.

Edited by LsaShawn

Pure Blue Japan XX013 or XX-017 (Cobalt Weft)

Which provide the better fit and nicer fading property? Both, I believe are slubby but different tight tapered cuts.

Pretty much an identical fit, the 17 is just slightly slimmer in the knee and thigh but not really noticeable. The stuff I've seen from the 13s is impressive but I can't say much about the 17s. Still a bit too new (at least in Western markets) for there to be many faded pairs. Maybe check out some of the Japanese sites/forums for pics.    http://www.rawrdenim.com/2012/08/fade-friday-pbj-xx-013-14-months-5-washes-2-soaks/   Here's a really nice pair of 13s

Pretty much an identical fit, the 17 is just slightly slimmer in the knee and thigh but not really noticeable. The stuff I've seen from the 13s is impressive but I can't say much about the 17s. Still a bit too new (at least in Western markets) for there to be many faded pairs. Maybe check out some of the Japanese sites/forums for pics.    http://www.rawrdenim.com/2012/08/fade-friday-pbj-xx-013-14-months-5-washes-2-soaks/   Here's a really nice pair of 13s

Thanks for that.

I need a new pair of Iron Hearts. My current ones (634S 21oz) apparently don't fade much...I've worn them hard for 2.5 years and they look much much newer than that. No lightening of the combs, barely any whiskers, nothing but this one weird light spot on the left knee.

Do the 634XHS 25oz. fade any better? Should I get those, or should I get a different pair of Iron Hearts? Or a different brand in a heavy weight? Definitely looking for more of the heavy stuff.

Its not the jeans, its you. 

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been wearing Edwin ED39's exclusively for the last 5 years or so. I'm looking for something with a similar cut. Selvage is a must but has a smaller leg opening than the ED39s

I'm looking at Pike Brothers 1958 roamer or Eat Dust 73.

Am I on the right track? Please help!

Regards.

(still) Looking for a pair of super-heavy weights, super dark indigo. 

Iron Heart XHS 25oz  or Samurai 15th 25oz? Which denim is "better"? Color? 

Looking for straight - slim are usually too small in the thighs, but a little taper below the knee would be OK. The size charts for 634-XHS, 666-XHS and IHXB01-25 on IH.UK have me all thrown off - for the 634-XHS it'd be 34, for the 666-XHS it'd be 33, and for the 01-25 it'd be a 36. WTF???!!! Confused. 

For Sam, leaning towards S510XX over S5000VX just for comfort (as I mentioned in the Sam thread). Size charts are still throwing me for loop here too. 

I have 3 IH's but no Sam yet. IH keeps pulling me in... HA! Thnx! 

I can't decide between:

1) Pure Blue Japan - XX-013JP

or

2) Pure Blue Japan Jeans - XX-005

or

3) Pure Blue Japan Jeans - XX-012

or

4) The Flat Head SE05BSP

I'm going for a low (or mid) rise slim jean that has a slight bit of taper at the bottom. My legs are skinny, so not only do I usually not need to worry about tight thighs, but also jeans that look slim or skinny on others tend to look a bit looser on me.

Hello everybody,

I am new to the forum and decided my first post could be a question in this section as I need some information from the wise.

NUDIE Gusten dry denim shirt ... it does have 1% Spandex for a slim fit. Now I am on the fence for the dark indigo shirt, raw and dry. But I am undecided wether to go for a size L or XL.

I am 6.5 (195cm) with 88kg and a size L fits fine without using too much help from the 1% Spandex.

But how will it look after a wash (so after roughly 1 year)? Will it shrink?

Every insight or information is highly appreciated.

Cheers all,

Thorsten

GERMANY

P.S.: Will have to do some pics and upload to show off my dry stuff soon

Hey guys, so I'm looking for a good denim shirt.

Preferably something with snaps, as I want to wear it as an overshirt.

So far I've got a few on my list:

TFH Sawtooth

Samurai 10 oz. denim shirt

Iron Heart SH-33 or one of their other denim snap shirts

So far the sawtooth shirt is the one I like the most but I'm looking for more options!

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a new pair of selvedge, and have narrowed my choice between a pair of Samurai 710xx and Flat Head F310.

Found both in around the same condition and price, which ones would you think are more worth it.
This will be my first pair in either brand, my last(and most valuable pair of denim was the SExI08).

Thanks.

Those are exactly the last 2 pairs that i have purchased.

The 710 will be thicker, and a more relaxed fit especially in the thighs. Also a longer inseam.

The flatheads will be a lot lighter and more snug around the thighs and leg in general.

Two different kettles of fish if you ask me.

I am wearing the 710's at the moment and have put the flatheads away for next year.

Fellas, I'm torn between these two denim jackets: 

1. IH-526L (type 3, 19oz, left-hand twill)

2. Samurai's S552XX (type 2, 25oz, 15th anniv edition)

After some thoughts, I guess it pretty much come down to the fabric choice between the two. I'm curious for the IH's left-hand twill and at the same time for the Sammy's 25oz fabric as well. Style wise I'm quite indifferent as I like the styles on both of the jackets.  

Feel free to give your view  ;) Thanks

Hey guys,

Im new to the forum, and trying to get into raw denim, but don't know where to start. Im looking for something that fits similarly to the levis made and crafted tack slim. Also if anyone could point me to a list of stores that sell raw denim in nyc, that would be awsome, thanks!

Fellas, I'm torn between these two denim jackets: 

1. IH-526L (type 3, 19oz, left-hand twill)

2. Samurai's S552XX (type 2, 25oz, 15th anniv edition)

After some thoughts, I guess it pretty much come down to the fabric choice between the two. I'm curious for the IH's left-hand twill and at the same time for the Sammy's 25oz fabric as well. Style wise I'm quite indifferent as I like the styles on both of the jackets.  

Feel free to give your view  ;) Thanks

I have the s552xx and I love it. Have worn in all winter long so far, even in -38 (had a few layers on underneath). 

Hey guys, so I'm looking for a good denim shirt.

Preferably something with snaps, as I want to wear it as an overshirt.

So far I've got a few on my list:

TFH Sawtooth

Samurai 10 oz. denim shirt

Iron Heart SH-33 or one of their other denim snap shirts

So far the sawtooth shirt is the one I like the most but I'm looking for more options!

I've really enjoyed the MF Appaloosa denim shirt.  I really like the Sawtooth.  You can't go wrong with any of the shirts listed.