THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

/\ think that was meant for Knolok.

I couldn't fit my gut or my balls into a pair of Devils Cut!

yes , you are correct, it was meant for Knolok. I do not have the correct body for them either.

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking of purchasing a pair of "high end" denim from either Dior or Saint Laurent. I've been getting a little tired of wearing nudies, and I wanna purchase denim that's made from 100% cotton. Also, would the 17.5 downsized have a similar fit to the Nudie Thin Finn? Is it worth it investing in a pair of Dior or the new season of Saint Laurent's designed by Hedi Silmane?

Thanks

pbj xx-005 is a slim straight fit but the other two are slim tapered. decide on the fit you'd like first. 

If you want a super slubby fabric with lots of texture then grab the PBJ's. If you want something with a pronounced vertical weave then look into The Flat Head. If you want a really soft, smooth fabric then Momotaro is your best bet (japan blue is the diffusion line so I'd just pay an extra $50 for the real deal).  All three can fade with super high contrast depending on how hard they're worn. Ultimately, it comes down to what kind of fabric you're after.

This is just my opinion so think twice and please read through the specific brand threads before making a purchase. Good luck.

Pretty new to raw denim.  Best jeans measure 16.5 inches across the waist.  I'm looking for something with a full seat and thighs (my thighs are 25 inches around).  I'm 5'7" 160lbs.  I don't really care that much about the speed of fading and am mostly going for fit.  I like a straight fit, but these sometimes are just too damn tight in the thighs and ass.  I'll be wearing them mostly with wolverine 1000k boots.  Hoping to keep it below $300. Considering the following and would love some input.  Thanks guys.

LVC 501 1955 cut

Eternal 811 (I've read that these are really roomy in the top block, but it's also listed as "slim straight" so I'm not sure it's a good choice)

SDA 101 (I believe this is the fullest cut of those I'm considering)

Warehouse 800 (also listed in some places as slim straight, so not sure if there's enough room in the thigh/top block for me)

Thanks again!

I am looking into a denim jacket and would like some opinions on what would be a good buy, I live in Florida and have an almost if not full on tropical climate so what are some opinions on what a good jacket would be, I was looking at the BlueOwl x Momotaro Collab but also wanted some other opinions.

^^what style do you prefer?

I personally love the modified IH Type 3s with handpockets, especially the upcoming 19th LHT one. The denim is fantastic on this, but pretty heavy and warm. The Flat Head Type 3 (and Type 2) is fantastic and fades with great contrast. Samurai makes nice jackets, too.

Sugar Canes run a bit small, if I recall it correctly, but they are pretty cheap and have an interesting denim. The Momotaro jackets are a good choice as well, of course.

Didn't know about the bybeatle jacket, could be worth the wait...

Edited by Max Power

^^what style do you prefer?

I personally love the modified IH Type 3s with handpockets, especially the upcoming 19th LHT one. The denim is fantastic on this, but pretty heavy and warm. The Flat Head Type 3 (and Type 2) is fantastic and fades with great contrast. Samurai makes nice jackets, too.

Sugar Canes run a bit small, if I recall it correctly, but they are pretty cheap and have an interesting denim. The Momotaro jackets are a good choice as well, of course.

Didn't know about the bybeatle jacket, could be worth the wait...

My favorites after looking over were: Modified type3 with handpockets, I loved the Grizzly by Ande Whall, and Rogue Territory has a pretty good one.

I really like having Hand pockets on my jackets all of my favorites right now have hand pockets. The prices on jackets are pretty steep it seems.I like the Type 3 jackets, especially after looking at the hand pockets on the modified type3 from IH.  After looking at the jackets recommended and digging a little more I had not realized that the price of jackets was steeper than jeans, why is that?  Given that the price is so much steeper I may want to wait and actually try on and feel the jackets before dumping the money in.

The amount of time, and labor that goes into making jackets is a lot more than what goes into a pair of jeans. Also there is more denim used to make a jacket. So that jacks the price up, as they need a certain margin.

A jacket is going to last you 10x longer than jeans though. Have seen many people with denim jackets that are 15+ years. 

Edited by bradl

Can't decide between the 10oz and 12oz mccoy ballpark sweats. The 10 has raglan shoulders, but the heavier weight is also tempting. Anyone own one or both? It's not like i any of the two sweater will dissappoint me, but still can't choose. 

Bradl- That makes sense then and it may also deem the investment more worthy.

Hog- Now i just have to find a place to buy it.

Can't decide between the 10oz and 12oz mccoy ballpark sweats. The 10 has raglan shoulders, but the heavier weight is also tempting. Anyone own one or both? It's not like i any of the two sweater will dissappoint me, but still can't choose. 

I own both 10 and 12oz but without the raglan sleeves because the raglan also has the double V neck that i don't dig.

Specifically, what do you want to know?

i was kidding about that... i just got the bybeatle jeans and figured a jacket would be awesome... and hopefully she would get inundated with requests for one if it got out there.

I'll bare that in mind ..currently working on volume 2 and 3, fabric samples en route  / just stay tuned ...and f yes, let's see some fit pics cmf

Hi again,

I'm planning to get some boots to wear with my raw denim. As I asked in another thread I have settled to RW875, but now I'm looking for another decent pair to throw in to the rotation, to use each pair every other day (from earlier experience of leather shoes I've understood that it's good to give a rest day to a shoe after you have used it).

Mostly I have considered Wolverine 1000 mile in cordovan no 8 or then RW Beckman (like in style no 9011 or 9016). Since I'm living quite up in the north (in the northern Sweden), there is going to be rain/snow/slush quite a lot, so is the leather soled 1000 mile out of count, or if I end up getting it, should I have it resoled to a vibram foot sole? Another question is color; should I just play it easy and take a brown shoe or is a cordovan no 8 / (or cherry-like RW) a versatile option to wear with denim?

I say pick the color you want in the end, you can make all sorts of things work really well, and I personally love colors like Russet and Oxblood the depth and tone will line up just fine with your Denim and that color (the cordovan no.8) isn't too shy as it is adaptable.
that is my opinion

Edited by FLDenim211

I am looking into a denim jacket and would like some opinions on what would be a good buy, I live in Florida and have an almost if not full on tropical climate so what are some opinions on what a good jacket would be, I was looking at the BlueOwl x Momotaro Collab but also wanted some other opinions.

I saw the bom007 yesterday and they are incredible. It is a dark indigo which could be paired with almost any worn indigo jean. After seeing them I am definitely getting them.

• 2 weeks later...

Im 5'9 140lbs

measurments are

32" waist (true)

~10.5 thighs (true) but i prefer something along of 11"

knees and hem dont really matter

should  i go for low rise or medium higher rise?

im thinking of getting these:

flat head 3001

skull 5010XX

samurai 610

samurai 710

momotaro 705SP

im open to all suggestions and sizing advice/advice in general