THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Hell, I'll let ya'll pick this one for me. Can't decide between the three:

apc carhartt duck

http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,2669.html?nav=carhartt

apc carhartt denim

http://uscheckout.apc.fr/browse.cfm/4,2670.html?nav=carhartt

Billy Reid duck panel

http://www.billyreid.com/product/panel-pant-chocolate-8.html

I need some advice on what pair of jeans I should pickup.

I´m looking at...all are slimmerish tapered jeans which I want.

Flat Head 3009 - size 36

Samurai 710xx - size 35

Left Field Nisshinbo Greaser - size 36

Iron Heart 555 - size 36

I want an intense fading pair with lots of caracter that can be worn all year around.

All thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Cheers!

SwedeAlex,

If you're looking for intense fading + year round suitability I'd suggest the Flat Head (14.5oz) or Samurai (17oz I think)*

*waits for all the Iron Heart fans to insist that their 99oz jeans are fine to wear in 105C heat due to the tension of the weave, inbuilt reverse heat osmosis qualities, etc.........

Thanks for the correction bf.

I may be wrong here (my Geography degree is somewhat out of date!) but I thought that Sweden has cold winters and relatively warm summers so no one pair would be suitable for year round wear. You'd probably need a heavier pair for the winter and a lighter pair for the summer.

*obviously the Iron Hearts with their magical cooling qualities are the exception here!

Edited by Maynard Friedman

@Friedman: I´m with you on the IH´s. I can´t wear them here all year around since summertime is hot and wintertime is cold...

b_F: You got tons of experience with Samurai and I´ve read through your fitguide as well, too many times I think :unsure:

How much shrinkage can I expect on a pair of 710xx? Approx? Seems like your the guy to ask B)

The 555 seem nice but I´m not sure I can pull them of, to much soccer, icehockey and floorball to get my thighs through them...

I think I´ve narrowed it down to either the FH 3009 or the Samurai 710xx.

Now, just to decide... :blush:

and you still need to ask? ;):D

well in the inseam you will get 2,5-3" of shrinkage over time/washes. it starts at around 39" and will end up between 36-37"

in the waist, you might get approx 1,5" of shrinkage. but keep in mind, the waist on most Samurais can be stretched back out. at least to raw measurements. if they fit you fine pre-soak and you can button them up, you are fine in the waist.

I sized up to 35 from my usual Samurai size (34) because I was afraid the thighs might have been too small. Now I see, my thighs weren't that big and a size 34 would have worked too.

Yeah my only beef is that I will most likely have to order the sugar cane from Japan which I don't mind, but if it does not fit I can not return it like the IH. Still might end up with the 526J since I will most likely be buried in.

Thanks for the advice, cheers!

Oni Blue Fit 14 oz. slub or PBJ xx-003?

I have both Oni (Red) and PBJ (xx005) denim. From my perspective, the Oni feel like a looser weave while the PBJ are a tighter weave (slubs are more tightly compacted). Both are very slubby and both are awesome so I would say it comes down to what kind of fit you want. If memory serves, the blue fit is more of a straight leg while the 003 is a looser regular fit that tapers at the leg opening.

I'm don't like too much taper so I'd probably go with the Oni Blue.

leftfield indigo tailored selvedge duck chinos

http://store.leftfie...tailored-chinos

or

rogue territory indigo selvedge canvas

http://www.rogueterr...y.com/store/rk/

pretty sure both fabrics are the same, fit is more tapered on the RT which i like but i like the chino back pockets on the LF. why cant i have boths details? :(

also, whats the weight of this fabric? want a nice medium 12-16oz pair

Edited by TooAwesome

*waits for all the Iron Heart fans to insist that their 99oz jeans are fine to wear in 105C heat due to the tension of the weave, inbuilt reverse heat osmosis qualities, etc.........

:D

I never believe this stuff either.

Samurai S710s are pretty dang warm, though - the denim's thick, the weave's tight, and it's very rough, which doesn't make things any cooler. Even though my Flat Head BSPs are almost skin-tight in the lower thigh, I wore them almost all summer without getting too hot. So I think 3009s would be a better choice than S710s if you're planning to wear during the summer a lot.

Well

The Mega Busters to ensure they hit the 50 pairs and get in production

And the PBJ for more variety besides the Busters

That is really tough. Personaly, I would favor more variety but also the Busters should see the light of day. Tough

Will only 50 pairs be made if they do get into production or will they take more orders past 50? I really can't decide though! I like the PBJs for variety because I feel that most of the people doing HWDC2 will be wearing the Mega Beatle Busters. I've always wanted PBJs too.

they need 50 pairs to be produced AFAIK. But if more guys want a pair they will certainly produce more

I'm gunna go with the PBJs because I know that at least 50 competitors will have MBBs so I'm going with variety!