THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

i have the japan...for some reason, i saw some pics of the japan's and how they fade and such and it almost has this "electric" blueish tint to it which is ugly as fuck. Shoulda gone with greycast...

I dont really care for the color that the greycasts fade to either (havent seen pics of well enough faded japans to know about them).. it has this weird greenish blue tone.. of course i learned this after putting about 3+ months of wear on them and washing them once. id like to wear them more and wash again to get a good fade on them, but i never put them on because of the color.

this is less of a this/that and more of a recomendation.

i have a pair of dry olas from nudie right now, i really enjoy them aside from the softness of the denim.can you guys reccomend somthing similar in terms of cut ? ive been looking into some dukes, not similar at all, but id like to know what my options are.

sda 003 for a different approach to the exact same cut (but lefty-twill). otherwise, might be good to try something like the full count 1108 in zimbabwee cotton. or, go back to the original, levi's '66.

Chicken, do you mean that the 103 cut is a '66 cut? That's not the impression that I've had, but I've never actually compared the two.

yes. the sda 103s, sda 003s, full count 1108s, eternal 811s, flathead 3008s -- all of these and more are modified cuts based on levi's 66s. but because of the liberty they took, they can no longer call their models 66s. but denime and sugarcane have models that stay truer to the original cuts and therefore they call their models 66s, too.

apc recues or ssds or rrds? Apc rescues i like because of its price, much cheaper than the other two. However they seem to be too simple for my liking. I like nudies backpocket design, but im quite on a budget. Save for ssds or rrds? or go with rescues?

I currently have some APC New Standards in size 28 that fit pretty well but i want a new pair since these are getting holes and are about to be sidelined as weekend jeans. I'm looking at either the PBJ xx-005 or the Flathead 3001. I wouldnt mind a slightly bigger leg opening as i have somewhat big thighs and i dont want to be dwarfed by the jeans. Which do you think would be better for me and how do they run size wise?

so basically

PBJ xx-005

or

Flathead 3001

I currently have some APC New Standards in size 28 that fit pretty well but i want a new pair since these are getting holes and are about to be sidelined as weekend jeans. I'm looking at either the PBJ xx-005 or the Flathead 3001. I wouldnt mind a slightly bigger leg opening as i have somewhat big thighs and i dont want to be dwarfed by the jeans. Which do you think would be better for me and how do they run size wise?

so basically

PBJ xx-005

or

Flathead 3001

PBJ xx-005, I'm pretty sure that Self Edge is the only store carrying Flathead 3001s in America and they pretty much sold out with all their sizes, so you could either have some luck and look through ratuken or something or just settle with the PBJs.

PBJ xx-005, I'm pretty sure that Self Edge is the only store carrying Flathead 3001s in America and they pretty much sold out with all their sizes, so you could either have some luck and look through ratuken or something or just settle with the PBJs.

How is the fit of the pbj as opposed to my current new standards? Don't they have really small thighs and how is the fit of the pbj compared to the flatheads?

this question seconded!

i think skulls more readily develop a higher contrast, and more vintage look. the denim looks a lot smoother.

the PBJ's are slubby and and have really good vertical fading but not as much drastic color contrast.

just from what i've observed . . .

I already have RRDS and SC 47-

Should I get PBJ xx-003 or xx-006? I like the color and fading on the xx-006, but I think it might be nice to have a pair of slubby jeans.

I would choose the 006, its just an amazing color and you would be one of the few rocking it....and in about six months its summertime and some lighter blue jeans always look good imo...

I know that those will be my next........

I'm kinda tired of very slim / tapered denim, my New Standards and Slim Jims haven't seen a lot of wear lately. I've been sticking to a pair of Straight Sven's and my Imperial Dukes lately.

Anyways, I'm looking for a new pair of raw denim in a (not too) slim, straight cut. Should I get the APC Rescue or PBJ XX-006? The 006 definitely looks nice, but I think the fit may be a little too loose, especially with a 9" leg opening. For reference, I'm 5'7" and 136lbs.

Maybe even the XX-005 sized up?

Japanese is basicaly unobtainable/stupidly expesnive in england sadly:(

Why are the APC's better than the nudies?, thanks for the help

Honestly, I just think the New Standards > Nudies, the overall simplicity and construction of the jeans are nice. They age perfectly and fade nicely.

Guys... I've been hankering for a nice pair of dry denim. I'm not really down for spending like 300 bucks on a pair of artisan jeans, and i dont really like the fits of most of the samurais and hardcore shit like that. Nudie seems like a good company, although i'm put off by their recent surge in popularity... i hate wearing what others wear, but anyways...

I had always planned on getting RRDS, but 260 bux is a bit much, the bootcut ola seems really reasonable for 150, and i hear that the ola is like a ralph with slightly narrower knee and lower rise, and is not flared and gaudy and out of style, w/e.

Sounds like you want apc new standards. They're a bit tapered, but not as slim as everyone makes them out to be. Size down 1-2 from your waist and they'll end up fitting just fine. I'm usually put off by nudie because of the pockets and stitching. A bit too loud for me. If you like hte nudies just get them. The surge in popularity is mainly just the internet thing. It's not like they're all over the place. I've seen zero pairs of nudies in my years in gainesville and orlando. Just get em' if you like. www.cultizm.com has nudies for cheap and www.thedenimbar.net has them at a 20% discount if you mention superfuture. Call and order or email with questions. RR and Ola both have a subtle bootleg. Not gaudy at all.

^^ Thanks, mate.

I actually sort of like nudie's back pocket stitching. It seems to me that its loudness will get mellower as the indigo loses color/ the orange stitching gets worn in.