THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

iron heart black rider jacket or indigo beatle busters

currently working on momotaro and joe mccoy jeans with slow progress (don't get to wear them much), but I'm looking for a slim cut jean as both of those are full. the jacket is awesome and I don't have many jackets (and by many I mean a one old north face), but I'm really on the fence with this one I want a slim pair to work on.

my fear is if I buy one, the other will be sold out

Edited by gringoinoki

I was about to order some new jeans and didn't really know which ones to get. I am 5'10" and about 165 pounds. Thighs are 22" and calfs are about 14". True waist is 32". I was looking at the APC New Standards, and thinking about getting a size 29, but I was wondering if there were some better options around $200. I want the fit to be skinnyish, but not like extremely tight. This will be my first pair of "real" denim, and was looking to get some nice selvage. I also like the plain look. Not with like crazy designs and stuff. Soooo any thoughts? Kinda a newbie :wacko:

Thanks so much.

I was about to order some new jeans and didn't really know which ones to get. I am 5'10" and about 165 pounds. Thighs are 22" and calfs are about 14". True waist is 32". I was looking at the APC New Standards, and thinking about getting a size 29, but I was wondering if there were some better options around $200. I want the fit to be skinnyish, but not like extremely tight. This will be my first pair of "real" denim, and was looking to get some nice selvage. I also like the plain look. Not with like crazy designs and stuff. Soooo any thoughts? Kinda a newbie :wacko:

Thanks so much.

if you're true is 32, 29 in the new standards will be way too small. but i believe there are better options at the $200 price point. given your desired fit, i would look into a pair of tellasons or rogue territory. also agree with big truck - look into some 3sixteens as well.

before i bought my 301s i tried on a pair of st-100x. my experience with them is that you can size down 1. it's possible. but... i have latin queen thighs so it looked like jeggings from the knee up. all depends on your anatomy. take your best fitting jeans and measure them. compare your measurements to the selfedge measurements of the st-100x

Question gurus:

I have experience with apc's and nudies but am looking to upgrade to something heavy and japanese. Unsanforized denim is a little spooky for me, but I figure if I'm upgrading I can't escape it. So far I like Imperials and Flat Heads, are there any others ya'll would recommend to an unsanforized noob? What models specifically?

Just FYI, I am into fairly slim cuts but not super skinny. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Love,

Venom

Question gurus:

I have experience with apc's and nudies but am looking to upgrade to something heavy and japanese. Unsanforized denim is a little spooky for me, but I figure if I'm upgrading I can't escape it. So far I like Imperials and Flat Heads, are there any others ya'll would recommend to an unsanforized noob? What models specifically?

Just FYI, I am into fairly slim cuts but not super skinny. Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Love,

Venom

Maybe look into the iron heart beatle buster, it comes sanforized or in the case of the over dyed washed so there's little to no shrinkage. Have any idea what weight you're looking for?

Maybe look into the iron heart beatle buster, it comes sanforized or in the case of the over dyed washed so there's little to no shrinkage. Have any idea what weight you're looking for?

Sweet I'll check it out! Not sure about weight. Heavier than apc's but not as heavy as the N&F elephant denim (I tried that on when I was in Portland...wasn't the biggest fan (at least not for summer)).

edit: and thank you jwsach, i have spent many an hour in that thread. I am also considering PBJ, they have some cuts I really like too.

Edited by venomous72

Sweet I'll check it out! Not sure about weight. Heavier than apc's but not as heavy as the N&F elephant denim (I tried that on when I was in Portland...wasn't the biggest fan (at least not for summer)).

edit: and thank you jwsach, i have spent many an hour in that thread. I am also considering PBJ, they have some cuts I really like too.

The pbj-007 are on my list, I love the dyeing method used which produces a distinct fading. There's great wornin pairs on the evolution thread

As I don't own the 634 I have to use online measurements.

From that, I get both cuts are indeed in a way similar. The S5000 might have the slimmer leg.

If you would have asked about the regular 634S and you are into contrast fades, I would have said get the S5000VX21oz.

But since you asked about the 634SR: both models have a great fading potential. The 634SR is limited afaik and thus maybe more special. I don't know the price of the upcoming 634sr but I believe it will be higher than the samurai one. but at this stage I don't think 30$ more or less would throw yo off from either one.