THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

this is my first post so bear with me. i'm new to the raw denim thing and have a few questions/suggestions. my first pair of raw denim were some levi 501 stf. imo they turned out pretty good, full year wear, multiple soaks and 2 washes. the jeans im wearing now are gap selvedge. i told my aunt about raw and selvedge denim and she took it upon herself to by me gap denim. very sweet lady. ...in about a month or i want to upgrade to a better pair. so this is where your help is needed. i plan to wear the jeans everyday for a long time so they need to be durable, and i would like some sick fading during the process. my budget will probably be around $300, cant afford the super thick IH or anything like that. I like straight/ regular fit. the two brands im leaning toward are the BiG No2, or Eternal 811BG. any suggestions??? thanks

this is my first post so bear with me. i'm new to the raw denim thing and have a few questions/suggestions. my first pair of raw denim were some levi 501 stf. imo they turned out pretty good, full year wear, multiple soaks and 2 washes. the jeans im wearing now are gap selvedge. i told my aunt about raw and selvedge denim and she took it upon herself to by me gap denim. very sweet lady. ...in about a month or i want to upgrade to a better pair. so this is where your help is needed. i plan to wear the jeans everyday for a long time so they need to be durable, and i would like some sick fading during the process. my budget will probably be around $300, cant afford the super thick IH or anything like that. I like straight/ regular fit. the two brands im leaning toward are the BiG No2, or Eternal 811BG. any suggestions??? thanks

Both are good choices; you won't go wrong with either.

I would get the Blue in Green No. 2. It looks like the denim on it has a ton of character. Amazing price, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Kit99bar, I owned the Ropers and felt the quality was lacking. I got my pair for more than half off brand new, but I'd say that's all they were worth to me before I sold them. I don't know if NF quality would be much better, but the Carhartt duck felt a little flimsy to me, my cinch broke, and 2 of my belt loops unraveled in the wash.

Anyone know a good raw denim jacket, preferabbly looking to spend $200-$350?

LVC currently offers a Type I (506) and Type III (557) close the weight you're looking for, and in your price range. And Mister Freedom just came out with their Ranch Blouse in a lot of different denim options, and in your price range. BiG has some nice jackets from SDA that are a hair heavier and more expensive than your criteria.