THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

since the small questions thread is pretty much just a bunch of people asking questions with no reply... i'll post this here, seems to get more traffic in this thread anyway-----

Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a new pair of jeans in the coming weeks. I can't make my mind up and I want the perfect fit. So far I have owned a pair of TTS New Standards, Dukes, SkinnyGuys, and Grim Tims.

I love the fit of the Grim Tims except I want a slightly tighter thigh and slightly smaller leg opening. I also want a heavier weight denim (minimun of 17oz) than any of the jeans i've had so far, and a DARK indigo. I was looking at the Iron Heart 666od's. What would you guys recommend?

Bottomline - slim/tapered jean with at least 35" inseam and a heavy weight.

i asked the same question in the supershopper y/n t/t thread the other day, but i think this thread will help me make my decision easier since it is superdenim related.

selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=640

or

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=338

SE05BSPs or SEXI14...thanks in advance!

sugar cane 1947 (for a nice price )

or

lvc 1947 555 (also a good price)

im realy stuck between the two but i think in slightly leaning towards the canes

May I ask what price the LVC?

i asked the same question in the supershopper y/n t/t thread the other day, but i think this thread will help me make my decision easier since it is superdenim related.

selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=640

or

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=338

SE05BSPs or SEXI14...thanks in advance!

bumping this question! thanks again

or

im realy stuck between the two but i think in slightly leaning towards the canes

Depends whether you want a slimmer (LVC) or fuller (Sugar Cane) cut.

or

They're actually pretty different. Depends on what cut you want, as the SC is more like the LVC 55 and is a very full cut, generous round the thighs with a large seat. The LVC is considerably slimmer, a very clean-cut straight leg. The cut you want should be the main criterion - they will both wear in, wonderfully.

IF they are broadly similar prices, the 555 LVC is much more collectable, as the older Valencia st jeans are now getting rare. If it's old stock SC with arcuates, etc, that redresses some of the difference, but not completely.