THIS OR THAT? (Use me for all your Should I Buy...? questions)

tweeds

Always get Samurais.

Although I do not own a pair currently, it is mutual among denim enthusiasts that Samurai jeans are always of good quality and will not disappoint.

In Samurai vs Warehouse, there is certainly no consensus among enthusiasts that Samurai the better jean. Samurai are a flashier design, that crocks really quickly, with heavy slub; Warehouse are more subtle, and certainly have more of a vintage feel and finely-honed, purist's detailing.

Check thru some of the content here, look at worn-in jeans, and make up your own mind.

looking to get either IH 301s or FH F310. Opinions? Will 301s be too hot for socal?

no they wont, ironheart's signature 21 oz is a loose weave, therefore it's breathable and not too warm, i have a pair of 21oz and i'm in socal. it's been discussed.

Haven't gotten any new denimz for almost 2 years now, I'm way overdue.

Friend be heading back to Japland soon, so I figure I may as well ask him to grab a pair for me whilst he's over there.

Last pair of denim I got was the SuFuxDBxSE, which was quite nice, but the low rise combined with my thighs getting quite big from starting crew didn't make them that comfortable above the knee, although the fit was perfect below. Thankfully I've stopped crew for now and my thighs are a bit more normal at 24"

I love my old Sammies (5000VXs), but I find that even they're a bit too big at the hem now after getting used to the SuFu collabo jeans.

I need a pair of jeans that'll accommodate (post-wash and stretch) ~24" thighs and have a hem of around 19-20cm. Or something that's still around and has measurements like these. With a mid rise, the low rise on the SuFu collabos made my legs look a bit shorter sometimes.

Looking at a pair of 710s, most likely since they're slimmer than the 5000s. Can't think of denim that's felt as nice as my Sammies. But open to other suggestions. I also have quite a bit of preference for companies that still do tabs and acurates (part of the reason for the sammy love).

So if anybody has any suggestions, that'd be great.

UES would be really interesting...I read on here they now ship internationally but changed the rise (or # of buttons)

yeah i've heard from several sources about the rise/buttons. some say the rise stayed the same and just the # of buttons changed, and others say the rise changed completely.

I am looking for a low rise slim fitting jean, but if it's going to be ball-crunching, i'm going to look elsewhere. maybe i'll just opt for the UES and grab something from warehouse when I want a more vintage fitting jean. those 700's I just saw with the levi's esque arcs (once reversed stitching is removed) look awesome. I'm just not in the market for that fit at the moment. oh if money wasn't an issue...

always wanted a pair of UES myself but after trying them out in person I changed my mind. The cut was very unflattering, especially around the balls. Can't describe it any other way but looked like wearing a diaper. Could be just my body type as I have seen fit pictures of people that did look good but on other fit pictures I see the same effect I had. The denim on the other hand looked amazing; no issues there. And the faded examples I have seen were reeally great.

The cut was very unflattering, especially around the balls. Can't describe it any other way but looked like wearing a diaper. Could be just my body type

if you don't mind me asking, whats your waist size and how tall are you? also what size and model where they? this is pretty disheartning news. i wish i was able to try them on, but living in the middle of nowhere doesn't give me much access, and i'm not even sure if you can find them in the states.

im stuck between flathead bsp's and fullcount 1108's

i realy love the flathead denim and as ive lost some weight and never got a chance to waer my 3009's i would love to get something slimmer to replace them once ive sold them but im kinda scared of the low rise , i realy like the 1108s as they still have the slim fit i want but also have the higher rise i like

Seconding the crispy skin but between navy and green, the green.

Not going to be done with my Left Fields for at long time but I want to get a rotation going before these are all gone:

-S0500XX

-S003JP Yamato

-or the BiG 26/27W USA models with the cinchbacks.

I can only afford 1 of them.

Also open to any alternatives under $350 or under that are very rough/scratchy.

Madstax; go for the USA's if you can squeeze yourself into those

Flash; definitely get the Fullcounts!

@kon; i tried on a size 29 (tag size); this is what I usually buy (provided the denim shrinks to size 29 after a wash); it was the slim model.(400S)

im 171cm and 58kgs

skull 5010xx 6x6 or flathead 1001s?

my friend recently went to take5 and bought a pair of skulls and he got a 20% off coupon. i can get the skulls for ~$240 or flatheads for ~$280.

my current pair are apc ps w27 stretched to a 28 or 29 and i love the fit. i'm looking for a pair with the same fit if not slimmer because i found that the apcs were a bit loose after a year of wearing them. can anyone recommend which one is better for the fit im looking for and whether or not the extra 40 will make that big of a difference? and what waist size for whichever jeans would be better.